Toxicity

Madam Pussycat.6153

Is cyber bullying something that's acceptable in this game?Because it runs rampant in pvp, and blocking like 10 ppl a day doesn't seem like a reasonable way to deal with it. And reports don't seem to do anything.It's enough to ruin someone's gaming experience in a major way and cause ppl to not want to engage in the game mode at all whatsoever. Something really oughta be done to keep this place more civilized and inviting.

report work i got banned one time, but if people are bullying you maybe because u are not even trying are u playing ranked? maybe you should leave ranked and go play unranked.

even on unranked you should try because no one want someone heavy on the team, you have to understand when you don't try you are destroying people fun, because i'ts not fun getting outnumbered because someone of your team can't do nothing.

toxicity is the revenge, you need to think who started all this, the guy who trash talked because he is not having fun or the person who is not trying?

For PvP Gw2 has a relatively not toxic community. That being said, it's become vastly more toxic than it once was.

The main thing you can do is talk to your team and be positive and sort of put a mental deposit down before the toxicity comes in. That way, you've built up a buffer that they have to eat through before they can make you/your team tilt.

Ive been a little toxic lately, and I realized that after I had like 7 out of 10 games, which is unheard for me. Focusing on being positive goes a long way and definitely makes me play better, even rotationally. That's my advice.

Then again... I'm not sure any amount of positivity would make me not instantly tilt when I have a scourge on my team.

@"Ellie.5913" said:Is cyber bullying something that's acceptable in this game?Because it runs rampant in pvp, and blocking like 10 ppl a day doesn't seem like a reasonable way to deal with it. And reports don't seem to do anything.It's enough to ruin someone's gaming experience in a major way and cause ppl to not want to engage in the game mode at all whatsoever. Something really oughta be done to keep this place more civilized and inviting.

It depends on what you mean by cyber-bullying. I think there are too extremes to this: some people just assume that toxicity is part of any competitive game mode and only the most extreme stuff should get you banned (i.e. racial / homophobic / sexist slurs) and some people consider that targeting your team-mate is already being toxic (regardless of the intention behind the targeting). It's a big spectrum and that's why you'll have trouble finding a middle ground on which everyone will agree.

My general advice is to take anything said with a degree of levity but also self-inspection. Levity as in, people who whisper you in game and say "you are trash, kill yourself you fucking degenerate" are probably people with low social competence that don't deserve your time or attention. Having spent enough time in online communities, those kind of messages just make me smile slightly. And self-inspection as in, if you constantly keep getting whispers after each game there's probably a reason behind this. Try to determine why that is and if something you are doing is worth changing. For example, if you are playing full signet warrior and keep feeding mid, you are more likely to get flamed than if you play a meta build and try to do your role during a match.

I don't think that its that this game's PvP is anymore toxic than any other games. It's that Anet doesn't show they are actively against it and try to do anything about. If I didn't know any better I would say they almost support it with dumb stuff like dancing over your opponents dead bodies at the end of a match. What kind of sportsmanship does that show? Come on now.

Yeah, all you can really do is block people, try to be positive, and move on. I fear there will not be any big changes to this game around anything like this. GW2 will most likely stay in the state it is in until the servers are shut down so just try to enjoy what miles it has left in it.

@Zexanima.7851 said:I don't think that its that this game's PvP is anymore toxic than any other games. It's that Anet doesn't show they are actively against it and try to do anything about. If I didn't know any better I would say they almost support it with dumb stuff like dancing over your opponents dead bodies at the end of a match. What kind of sportsmanship does that show? Come on now.

Yeah, all you can really do is block people, try to be positive, and move on. I fear there will not be any big changes to this game around anything like this. GW2 will most likely stay in the state it is in until the servers are shut down so just try to enjoy what miles it has left in it.

+10

You give the short and exact version of what I am preparing.