How to play Short Bow Power Renegade In Ranked

The Ace.9105

@"Eugchriss.2046" said:God I hate this metabattle build. Remove Riposting shadow and this meme build won t even exist.Just a tip: you should spam staff #2 as much as you can. Sometime you swap weapon without even using it once.

Actually, it's not the metabattle build, it's this variant: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUZlxQLMPaj1RaMOKjRSjMCygp0l+rD-z5IWIZmC9GB5XAiPA

Is there any particular reason I should always cast staff 2? Does it have some interaction I don't know?

Renegade has better synergy with Dwarf stance and Retribution, as it should be. It's a bunker oriented legend and anything with enough avoidance will make outplay the summons or your attacks dealing massive damage since this has absolutely no mitigation whatsoever other that evades and protection.

The reason why you should staff 2 more is the healing and weakness, but that alone isn't enough with what the other trait lines can achieve.

Playing Shiro with Kalla is throwing all the sustain away in favor of mobility and evades that won't be useful to Kalla because people can just walk out of them.

When playing Renegade with Kalla skills, you need to play like a symbol guardian and that's where mobility is useless while evades will only get you so far compared damage reduction and weakness.

@Shao.7236 said:Renegade has better synergy with Dwarf stance and Retribution, as it should be. It's a bunker oriented legend and anything with enough avoidance will make outplay the summons or your attacks dealing massive damage since this has absolutely no mitigation whatsoever other that evades and protection.

The reason why you should staff 2 more is the healing and weakness, but that alone isn't enough with what the other trait lines can achieve.

I am pretty sure you watched only few seconds of the video, otherwise you would have noted that I was the top damage and kills of that game with the renegade build you say doesn't have damage nor sustain. It's way better in general to avoid all the damage instead of tanking it. Sure, dwarf has more sustain in terms of damage mitigation but getting hit in pvp in the first place is a bad thing and you sacrifice any mobility you'd have and restrict your gameplay to the oldschool currently useless point buker that has no real value in high mobility/high damage/high cc metas.

Playing Shiro with Kalla is throwing all the sustain away in favor of mobility and evades that won't be useful to Kalla because people can just walk out of them.

Who cares if there's no synergy between shiro and kalla?

When playing Renegade with Kalla skills, you need to play like a symbol guardian and that's where mobility is useless while evades will only get you so far compared damage reduction and weakness.

Who says that? The skills? Oddly enough, nobody has any success with the dwarf renegade while I am still the only person in the game who has finished a season with 126 games in legend on shiro kalla renegade. The synergy might not be between the kalla and shiro but instead the synergy of these 2 legends comes to the short bow.

The whole entire game had nearly 0 condition pressure nor team focus, this build quickly falls short the moment people realize you are there with those criteria's, just like Herald Shiro.

Always been okay in 1v1 around objectives against melee users but I can guaranteed you that outside that circle of possibilities, you wouldn't be as effective or live long enough to make your efforts worth their time.

This build is straight up an attempt to be Herald Shiro but as Renegade which none of them can take a lot of pressure and are more suitable being a distraction or 1+ free casting shenanigans.

Retribution with Weakness alone already makes up for damage and can exhaust targets easily. Devastation makes you lose so much utility for about 30% more damage when with extra effort you can manage about 20% damage, be harder to kill and prevent people from kitting so much on Retribution. It's be more in favor of the traitline if AA was also frontal.