Home Professions

Game Update Notes: December 3, 2019

Comments

• Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Lily.1935 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:
    "NECRO
    Manifest Sand Shade: This skill no longer inflicts cripple in all game modes. Reduced ammunition recharge for the untraited version of this skill from 15 seconds to 8 seconds in PvE only."

A-net i would like you to tell me what you mean by " for the untraited version of this skill " does it mean if i take traits that effect this skill the base cd would be 15 again?
    this would be dumb .. or you mean that traits that effect the CD like 33% of sand servant will reduce CD by 33% from the new base of 8 seconds?

The recharge rate on Sand Savant will remain the same but if you don't take Sand Savant the recharge will be 8 seconds.

thats really trash then sand servant will actually be increase CD .. and this doesnt help sup necro at all. and dps Scourge is still trash untill sand shade is changed back..
    now im actually annoyed.. and im probably just going to remove items from Scourge salvage it and Delete the Necro from my account so they see people actually Delete them !

For raiding and fractals it actually makes a pretty big difference. The CD of shades along with its duration hinder condi duration since expertise is linked to active shades. This should allow for a scourge to reliably maintain 3 shades at once. 225 expertise reliably is nothing to diminish. Its a needed change for PvE. Not the only thing but it will be extremely helpful.

• noiwk.2760noiwk.2760 Member ✭✭✭

@Lily.1935 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Lily.1935 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:
    "NECRO
    Manifest Sand Shade: This skill no longer inflicts cripple in all game modes. Reduced ammunition recharge for the untraited version of this skill from 15 seconds to 8 seconds in PvE only."

A-net i would like you to tell me what you mean by " for the untraited version of this skill " does it mean if i take traits that effect this skill the base cd would be 15 again?
    this would be dumb .. or you mean that traits that effect the CD like 33% of sand servant will reduce CD by 33% from the new base of 8 seconds?

The recharge rate on Sand Savant will remain the same but if you don't take Sand Savant the recharge will be 8 seconds.

thats really trash then sand servant will actually be increase CD .. and this doesnt help sup necro at all. and dps Scourge is still trash untill sand shade is changed back..
    now im actually annoyed.. and im probably just going to remove items from Scourge salvage it and Delete the Necro from my account so they see people actually Delete them !

For raiding and fractals it actually makes a pretty big difference. The CD of shades along with its duration hinder condi duration since expertise is linked to active shades. This should allow for a scourge to reliably maintain 3 shades at once. 225 expertise reliably is nothing to diminish. Its a needed change for PvE. Not the only thing but it will be extremely helpful.

not for heal since heal necro use sand servant and .. DPS Scourge is trash and its awfully clunky to play still.. and if you want dps for raiding i think Scourge isnt class for that..
    so its still meh and they still hate Scourge and Necro and now only place where Scourge was doing nice at WvW is taken too..
    so im Done with Scourge .. i lost my hope

warrior berzeker condition damage banner.. lol.. more condition dps than Scourge.. stupid easy to play.. and off.. if i did not mention it is a support.. well necro jsut dont have room in pve right now and Scourge lost its place anywhere.. its just a play for fun class.. which is no longer fun cause its too clunky and annoying but its play to be loyal to the class now.. only very dedicated Scourge players continue with Scourge.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

first: PLEASE!!! TAKE THE PVP-CHANGES FROM RAMPAGE TO WVW

second: Take a sec and think about the Revenant Dwarf-Healing "Soothing Stone". Its incredibly weeeeeak compared to all other heals. Maybe consider in giving it 100barrier per removed condition? or extra protection/stab...?

• DeadlySynz.3471DeadlySynz.3471 Member ✭✭✭✭

@grave of hearts.7830 said:
    Firebrand Oasis nerf on wvw when?

A 5 condition flip to 5 boons on a 8 second cd is a severely overpowered support skill that affects heavily wvw because anyone doing a condition ends up buffing the enemy while there is no risk for a very high reward for an enemy group stacking firebrands.
    Aside that it pushed out all other support builds it provides too much of a condition immunity .

Yep, and the oasis goes untouched. Functions like an elite skill on a very short cool down, and Anet, or more specifically, Cal looks the other way. There is a solution to it, players can start pulling more banners out now and just end the engagements quickly before anyone even has time to dump or convert conditions.

• Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Lily.1935 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Lily.1935 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:
    "NECRO

not for heal since heal necro use sand servant and .. DPS Scourge is trash and its awfully clunky to play still.. and if you want dps for raiding i think Scourge isnt class for that..
    so its still meh and they still hate Scourge and Necro and now only place where Scourge was doing nice at WvW is taken too..

The only thing that makes scourge clunky is the last update which stripped their defenses. In raids it has no impact. Honestly, scourge doesn't need that much to gain competitive DPS in raids. 1 extra second on torment from Manifest sand Shade and perhaps some minor buffs to torch and/or offhand dagger could really do the trick. in combination with this update the elite spec would be quite good. The only thing that would be holding it back is player skill since DPS scourge is more difficult to run than most other builds.

@Lily.1935 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Lily.1935 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Lily.1935 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:
    "NECRO

The only thing that makes scourge clunky is the last update which stripped their defenses. In raids it has no impact. Honestly, scourge doesn't need that much to gain competitive DPS in raids. 1 extra second on torment from Manifest sand Shade and perhaps some minor buffs to torch and/or offhand dagger could really do the trick. in combination with this update the elite spec would be quite good. The only thing that would be holding it back is player skill since DPS scourge is more difficult to run than most other builds.

Scourge was my Absolute fav class of all .. and by far.. before the shade change which in pve was really for no reason.. Scourge is far from being too strong in pve and wasnt even before update.
    Not Healing Scourge or DPS Scourge are meta or were meta before the change..
    after the change.. i just cant play Scourge it feels awful to play it.. open world and fractals.. feels beyond trash..
    even in raids.. other classes will be easier do more damage feel smoother and what not..
    and as support.. meh.. FB ...
    im sorry but comfort also is important.. and Scourge effort doesnt pay off. weaver might be hard but rewarding Scourge is Clunky but still bad..
    unless they gonna buff the hell out of the Scourge they should jsut return the shade back to normal. anyways im done with Scourge.. and with how they do things.. soon enough done with the game aswell.. i think they just mess up and when they break something they jsut try to fix it with some glue but it doesnt work this way and it gets more and mroe messy fixing Scourge on WvW could be a much easier and more effective solution without messing up the pve and need to make tons of more changes that are not welcome.. like taking the cripple out of F1 ... but now the only way out of it is completely rework the Scourge..
    Scourge doesnt have block skills and dodges or any thing .. not even the second life bad.. only barrier which basically we cant even use anymore..
    was supposed to be range condi dps theres a whole trait line "Scourge" that more than half of it are traits to give effects to F1 but no one even use F1 anymore and stick to melee ., this show me how little they think about their change and how little effort the company make.. i stop supporting them and stop using money on this game from today on.. if they want my support they got to earn it.. and give abit mroe effort the little i expect from them is play their own game and try classes that they change.. ima delete my necro today and i hope enough people will do the same to catch their attention about this.. also hope people stop buying Gems untill game improve

• Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

12/03/2019—Skills and Balance Update

Profession Skills

With a larger competitive-focused update on the horizon, this update is on the smaller side but still contains several notable systemic changes. Falling damage traits are being removed in order to free up design space and reduce the complexity of adept-tier traits. Revival traits are also seeing the removal of the 10% revival speed passive effect that we've been slowly phasing out over the last several updates. In exchange, skills that directly revive allies are seeing enhancements. Besides these changes, we are also making some small touch-ups to various skills and traits related to previous updates that we felt didn't quite hit everything. We have also had the opportunity to add a couple quality-of-life updates to better improve the readability of player attributes affected by traits, and we're now granting elementalists and engineers the ability to swap weapons while out of combat. Lastly, the format for some types of value updates is changing—instead of listing the percentage difference, we'll be telling you what the coefficients before and after a change will be. We hope this will helps improve readability significantly.

General

• Griffonrook Run: While holding the bomb, falling damage is now reduced by 50%.
    • Traits that affect attributes now display icons that represent said attributes instead of a generic up arrow.
    • Hero Panel: Fixed a bug that prevented attribute adjustments from displaying while a player was transformed.

Elementalist

In previous updates, several traits that had global cooldowns were changed to having cooldowns per target. Blinding Ashes wasn't included in those updates, but we felt it could use the small bonus to usability.

• Starting at level 10, elementalists can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.
    • Arcane Abatement: Fall damage functionality has been removed from this trait. This trait has been renamed Arcane Restoration.
    • Glyph of Renewal: Reduced recharge to 90 seconds in all game modes. Lowered casting time from 3.25 seconds to 2 seconds.
    • Arcane Resurrection: This trait no longer increases revival speed. Auras granted by this trait are now granted only to the elementalist, and they're now granted at the start of a revival attempt rather than at the end. This effect has a 20-second cooldown.
    • Blinding Ashes: The cooldown on this trait is now determined on a per-target basis.

Engineer

We read your feedback on Detection Pulse feeling odd as the Purge Gyro's toolbelt skill and your desire to see Chemical Field returned. While we agree with the sentiment overall that there is more gameplay and interesting options with Chemical Field, there is also important counterplay present with Detection Pulse. As we can't place Purge Gyro's Detection Pulse back on the elite toolbelt slot, we're instead replacing Utility Goggles' lackluster toolbelt skill, Analyze, with Detection Pulse. Utility Goggles is also getting a small but significant change from granting fury to instead granting some brief resistance.

• Starting at level 10, engineers can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.
    • Grenadier: Fall damage reduction has been removed from this trait. This trait now also casts Lesser Grenade Barrage on your location when using a healing skill.
    • Positive Strike: The power coefficient of this skill has been reduced from 0.88 to 0.7.
    • Negative Bash: The power coefficient of this skill has been increased from 0.88 to 1.
    • Equalizing Blow: The power coefficient of this skill has been increased from 1.2 to 1.4.
    • Function Gyro: Fixed a bug that could cause the gyro to be destroyed with control effects while stability was active.
    • Purge Gyro: This skill's toolbelt skill has been changed from Detection Pulse to Chemical Field.
    • Utility Goggles: This skill no longer grants fury or provides immunity to blindness. It now grants resistance and removes blindness when used. This skill's toolbelt skill has been changed from Analyze to Detection Pulse.
    • Toss Elixir R: This skill no longer removes 1 condition when thrown. Projectile speed has been increased by 25%. The projectile thrown by this skill is now unblockable. Fixed an issue in which the land and water versions of this skill moved at different speeds.
    • Toss Elixir U: Fixed a bug that could cause this skill to put friendly targets in combat.

Guardian

Guardian is unique among the professions in how many revival traits it has. With this rework, we are updating Courageous Return into a new, more general trait that benefits the guardian in situations when reviving allies is not possible. Additionally, we're changing the healing power bonus on Signet of Mercy to a concentration bonus as we feel it's generally a more useful stat for the profession given the amount of boons it outputs even when the guardian is not acting as a healer.

• Protector's Strike: This skill now fully charges the flames of justice upon the successful block of an attack for the guardian or their allies. The radius of effect of both blocking and striking enemies has been increased from 180 to 240.
    • Protector's Impact: Fall damage functionality has been removed from this trait. This trait has been renamed Protector's Restoration.
    • Signet of Mercy: Reduced recharge to 90 seconds in all game modes. Changed the passive effect from granting 180 healing power (216 when traited) to granting 120 concentration (150 when traited).
    • Protective Reviver: This trait no longer increases revival speed and no longer grants boons on a successful revival. Fixed the skill fact to show the correct 3-second duration. Fixed a bug that prevented the recharge of Lesser Shield of Absorption from being affected by Stalwart Defender. Lesser Shield of Absorption now heals nearby allies when it ends. Upon detonation, this trait also now causes all versions of Shield of Absorption to revive allies by 15% in PvE and 3% in competitive modes.
    • Courageous Return: This trait has been reworked and renamed Steadfast Courage. It now grants the guardian protection for 3 seconds in PvE and 1 second in PvP and WvW whenever aegis on the guardian is removed due to blocking an attack.

Mesmer

While we think the new version of Chaotic Interruption is pretty powerful, it doesn't really feel like it's working if you aren't looking at your skill bar. We're adding some additional effects to give players a better sense of when it activates.

• Descent into Madness: Fall damage functionality has been removed from this trait. This trait has been renamed Method of Madness.
    • Medic's Feedback: This trait no longer increases revival speed. It now causes Feedback to revive allies inside the dome by 5% per second.
    • Feedback: Fixed an issue that prevented this skill's visual effects from lining up with its physical effects.
    • Chaotic Interruption: Added additional visual effects to this trait to show when it activates.

Necromancer

In addition to the updates to the revival skill Signet of Undeath and the falling damage trait Terrifying Descent, we are also revisiting a few issues from previous updates. Unholy Sanctuary is getting an update to help it better compete with the other updates to the Death Magic line, and Manifest Sand Shade is having its recharge reduced in PvE to make it easier to reposition shades.

• Terrifying Descent: This trait has been reworked. It has been renamed Insidious Disruption. It now causes control effects to inflict torment on foes.
    • Signet of Undeath: Reduced recharge to 75 seconds in all game modes. Reduced casting time from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds. Reduced the number of allies revived from 3 to 1. Added an additional health cost of 50% of base health to this skill. Increased the passive life force gain by 100%.
    • Sand Swell: Once activated, this skill can no longer be canceled by movement.
    • Plaguelands: Reduced recharge from 120 seconds to 90 seconds in PvE only.
    • Unholy Sanctuary: This trait now heals a percentage of your maximum health each second while in shroud. This value is 2% in PvE and 1% in competitive modes.
    • Manifest Sand Shade: This skill no longer inflicts cripple in all game modes. Reduced ammunition recharge for the untraited version of this skill from 15 seconds to 8 seconds in PvE only.

Ranger

We're reducing the recharge on Allies' Aid in PvE only since we feel it is sufficiently powerful in competitive modes already.

• Soften the Fall: Fall damage functionality has been removed from this trait. This trait has been renamed Child of Earth.
    • Allies' Aid: This trait no longer increases revival speed. This trait's cooldown has been reduced from 85 seconds to 60 seconds in PvE only. Fixed a bug that caused the version of "Search and Rescue!" associated with this trait to be considered a shout skill instead of a command.
    • Crippling Talon: Fixed a visual bug.

Revenant

We're bumping up the range on some of Ventari's Legendary Centaur Stance skills in this update to make it a little easier to affect your allies with them.

• Coalescence of Ruin: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to hit foes that were out of the line of sight.
    • Ventari's Will: Increased the radius of this skill from 180 to 240.
    • Protective Solace: Increased the radius of this skill from 180 to 240.
    • Planar Protection: Fall damage functionality has been removed from this trait.

Thief

We released a hotfix for Deadly Ambition for PvP in November, but in this update we're addressing the issue with a more comprehensive and functional change to refocus the trait on control over its usage rather than being a very passive damage increase.

• Uncatchable: Fall damage functionality has been removed from this trait.
    • Deadly Ambition: This trait now applies 1 stack of poison for 3 seconds when striking with a dual-wield attack. This effect has no cooldown but can only occur once per dual-wield attack use. This trait is no longer split between game modes.

Warrior

Along with the removal of falling damage effects and readjustment of Peak Performance, we are also removing a requirement from Sundering Mace that we felt was superfluous.

• Peak Performance: Fall damage functionality has been removed from this trait. This trait now grants a baseline of 5% bonus damage in PvE and 3% bonus damage in competitive modes. The additional damage output gained from using physical skills has been reduced from 20% to 15% in PvE and 10% to 7% in competitive modes.
    • Sundering Mace: This trait no longer requires the target to be vulnerable in order to activate the control duration bonus.

PvP Changes

General

• Sigil of Agility: Reduced quickness duration from 2 seconds to 1 second in PvP only.

Engineer

• Elixir U: Reduced stability duration from 6 seconds to 1 second in PvP only.
    • Kinetic Battery: Reduced quickness duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP only.
    • Photon Wall: Increased cooldown from 35 seconds to 45 seconds in PvP only.
    • Heat Therapy: Reduced base healing per stack by 25% from 65 to 49 in PvP only.

Thief

• Spider Venom: Reduced poison duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP only.
    • Serpent's Touch: Reduced poison stacks from 2 to 1 in PvP only.
    • Quick Pockets: Reduced initiative gained on weapon swap from 3 to 2 in PvP only.
    • Staff Master: Reduced endurance gain per initiative spent from 2 to 1 in PvP only.
    • Debilitating Arc: Reduced initiative cost from 6 to 5 in PvP only.

Mesmer

• Illusionary Counter: Reduced the number of clones created from 2 to 1 in PvP only
    • Phantasmal Warlock: Reduced the number of warlocks summoned from 2 to 1 in PvP only. Increased the vulnerability applied per hit from 2 stacks to 4 stacks in PvP only.
    • Chaos Vortex: Reduced bleed duration from 8 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP only. Reduced burn duration from 2 seconds to 1 second in PvP only. Reduced torment duration from 8 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP only.

Warrior

• Warrior's Cunning: Reduced damage bonus against targets above 90% health from 25% to 7% in PvP only. Reduced damage bonus against targets with barrier from 50% to 10% in PvP only.
    • Rampage: Some Rampage skills have been adjusted as follows:
      • Kick: Power coefficient has been reduced from 1.2 to 0.01 in PvP only.
      • Throw Boulder: Power coefficient has been reduced from 2.0 to 0.01 in PvP only.
      • Seismic Leap: Power coefficient has been reduced from 1.6 to 0.01 in PvP only.

WvW Changes

Necromancer

• Sand Savant: This trait no longer increases the target cap of shade skills in WvW only.
    • Devouring Darkness (from Lingering Curse): Reduced the number of boons corrupted from 2 to 1 in WvW only.

Any sneak peak or early information on what you guys are going to do with the Inventions trait line for the Engineer to make it synergize more with its purpose: healing and defense? Currently, as is, it's sad to say it, but Alchemy alone does the job that Inventions is supposed to do, but better.

The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

• Gogdarth.6741Gogdarth.6741 Member ✭✭✭

My favorite, time for discussing mesmer stuff!

We think Chaotic Interruption is powerful

...oh.
    :(

(It's really not. It's unreliable at best for PvP and never useful at anywhere else at all.)

• YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭✭

These notes seem to completely ignore people's feedback and do whatever you were going to do anyways. like keep nerfing mesmer more?

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

I never understood why there is even a balance team for pve. The ove content is not challenging nor do the jobs rage quit

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2019

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:
    I spent 50,000 gems in 2019. As soon as Scourge nerfs came with no counter play options, i have spent $0 on the game. ANET really messed up and completely killed Scourge in PvP and all game modes.

Another additional nerf to manifest shade this patch , Removing cripple from shades in all game modes.

Scourge suffers from 2 issues, developers and players.

The problem with scourge is that is a class easy to overstack and get a overpeak performance way more than it was initially expected.

This happens cause it is awfully designed and was not and overflows the game in several aspects.
    Due Anet awfull class design and poor care on iteration process it ended quite broken, while bad players still saying class is weak cause even a strong initial design scourge had could not carry them.

Still Anet ending changing scourge awfully, they are not addressing the issue while damaging the class gameplay making players want to stacks more scourges.

I guess John Snow m8 be the new guy at Anet saying what needs to be balanced.

And yes shades are a big problem in several reasons, game can’t handle large combat and Anet increased the target cap, now they are reverting it.

Game is overburdened with aoe, wich is something that can’t handle that well.

• Essentially the fall damage and revive speed traits are now (almost all) useless since they mostly just removed a portion of traits that were only picked for niche applications anyway. Neat.

As the old worlds fall behind
    Our spirit reaches wide
    With no fear breathing new life
    Awaken from the dark dark slumber

Wintersun - Awaken from the dark slumber (Spring) - Part II The Awakening

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:
    I spent 50,000 gems in 2019. As soon as Scourge nerfs came with no counter play options, i have spent $0 on the game. ANET really messed up and completely killed Scourge in PvP and all game modes.

Another additional nerf to manifest shade this patch , Removing cripple from shades in all game modes.

The problem with scourge is that is a class easy to overstack and get a overpeak performance way more than it was initially expected.

This happens cause it is awfully designed and was not and overflows the game in several aspects.
    Due Anet awfull class design and poor care on iteration process it ended quite broken, while bad players still saying class is weak cause even a strong initial design scourge had could not carry them.

Still Anet ending changing scourge awfully, they are not addressing the issue while damaging the class gameplay making players want to stacks more scourges.

it is Scourge newgame play and discomfort that push me away from the class.. Scourge was really amazing for me before the shade change.. and this change did not have any impact on damage ! and if a small damage nerf (tho wasnt needed in PVE) i wouldnt mind it too much.. id think is unfair to hurt Scourge in PVE cause it over perform in WvW which there it even builds around power.. but id still play the class.. but the change the made to the Shade.. made it so uncomfortable to play the class in PVE or Open world.. yes there are some players that are still kind of new and there are casual players in GW2 that want to play and have fun.. and not all about raids (which btw even at raids Scourge under perform ) lets not even mention fractals where most condi builds suffer and not being fixed..
    i enjoyed going through PVE metas and champs with Scourge and this was taken from the Scourge players..
    even tho the damage waant reduced.. i tried to play it after the change and it was chaotic.. i put shade .. oh dam it monsters moved away.. i cast another and they move.. at some point you are out of shades to cast.. and you just run in circles waiting for anew shade..
    another and not less concerning issue about this change is BARRIER! yes barrier.. Scourge got 0 defensive and no extra bar or anything aside from barriers. this change made applying barrier .. Umm stupid? i cant even put in words how annoying it is to barrier your self you literally need to dodge into your own shade which is in melee range of monster just to press f3 to get your self a barrier? O.o nty..
    and it doesnt even end there.. condition clean from our F2.. Scourge uses corrupt skills and trait that makes each of our corrupt skills to inflic 2 condition on us !
    apparently if you are out of your own shade F2 will no longer transfer conditions from you to the enemy.. this one is actually super annoying and it is also a dps lose because stacking bleed on your self and transfer it to monster was nice way to stack bleed.
    and now with this patch they try to make step to the right direction and help Scourge abit.. but they only mess up things even more.. and make it more like a Spaggeti..
    they mess up too much like sparate traited shand shade from normal version so same game mode with different version of the skill just cause they cant work it right and invest some time to figure out a real solution? remove cripple from F1? rally.. ty now monsters will walk away from shade radius even faster.. which will make Scourge sucks even more.. they are just doing it wrong.. and to me this patch looks like patch a child made in 10 seconds of thinking..
    just made change of the first thought that came to their head ..
    "cripple will start too much from new trait" ohh np just remove the cirpplee... really?
    shade with servant will be up too fast ?. ohh np just exclude servant from this change..
    i mean its so stupid and a child behavior and way of thinking.. and its actually disrespect to us players ! if my money doesnt even worth more than 10 seconds of their thinking.. they are not getting my money ! this is not what i will expect from a company runing such a large MMO game. and Anet are the reason why this game is dying.. to be fair.. right now.. when i see how lightly they take us and what silly stuff they do.. i feel like quitting my self go on to another game where players are valued more !

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:

it is Scourge newgame play and discomfort that push me away from the class.. Scourge was really amazing for me before the shade change.. and this change did not have any impact on damage ! and if a small damage nerf (tho wasnt needed in PVE) i wouldnt mind it too much.. id think is unfair to hurt Scourge in PVE cause it over perform in WvW which there it even builds around power.. but id still play the class.. but the change the made to the Shade.. made it so uncomfortable to play the class in PVE or Open world.. yes there are some players that are still kind of new and there are casual players in GW2 that want to play and have fun.. and not all about raids (which btw even at raids Scourge under perform ) lets not even mention fractals where most condi builds suffer and not being fixed..
    i enjoyed going through PVE metas and champs with Scourge and this was taken from the Scourge players..
    even tho the damage waant reduced.. i tried to play it after the change and it was chaotic.. i put shade .. oh dam it monsters moved away.. i cast another and they move.. at some point you are out of shades to cast.. and you just run in circles waiting for anew shade..
    another and not less concerning issue about this change is BARRIER! yes barrier.. Scourge got 0 defensive and no extra bar or anything aside from barriers. this change made applying barrier .. Umm stupid? i cant even put in words how annoying it is to barrier your self you literally need to dodge into your own shade which is in melee range of monster just to press f3 to get your self a barrier? O.o nty..
    and it doesnt even end there.. condition clean from our F2.. Scourge uses corrupt skills and trait that makes each of our corrupt skills to inflic 2 condition on us !
    apparently if you are out of your own shade F2 will no longer transfer conditions from you to the enemy.. this one is actually super annoying and it is also a dps lose because stacking bleed on your self and transfer it to monster was nice way to stack bleed.
    and now with this patch they try to make step to the right direction and help Scourge abit.. but they only mess up things even more.. and make it more like a Spaggeti..
    they mess up too much like sparate traited shand shade from normal version so same game mode with different version of the skill just cause they cant work it right and invest some time to figure out a real solution? remove cripple from F1? rally.. ty now monsters will walk away from shade radius even faster.. which will make Scourge sucks even more.. they are just doing it wrong.. and to me this patch looks like patch a child made in 10 seconds of thinking..
    "cripple will start too much from new trait" ohh np just remove the cirpplee... really?
    shade with servant will be up too fast ?. ohh np just exclude servant from this change..
    i mean its so stupid and a child behavior and way of thinking.. and its actually disrespect to us players ! if my money doesnt even worth more than 10 seconds of their thinking.. they are not getting my money ! this is not what i will expect from a company runing such a large MMO game. and Anet are the reason why this game is dying.. to be fair.. right now.. when i see how lightly they take us and what silly stuff they do.. i feel like quitting my self go on to another game where players are valued more !

I fully agree with u there, tho scourge always felt quite of a lamers, it always felt a really lamer spec design for me, range classes were not a issue, and some with macros could destroy range classes at 1200 range in few seconds.

But Imo barrier should never belong to scourge at least with the current spec skill design that was Anet 1st mistake.
    F1 to f5 to control a aoe behavior it is idiotic, just look what is happening.

Barrier should be only one class mechanics, Anet is giving ton much barrier to several classes repeating the same boon mistakes, even stackable....
    Scourge should be arround controlling its shades while providing barrier to allies,it ended having to much aoe stuff where game has issues to handle it, where spec is ending in a quite weird spot, since Anet refuse to fix scourge and it’s forcing aoe spam gameplay on a slackers solution.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:

I fully agree with u there, tho scourge always felt quite of a lamers, it always felt a really lamer spec design for me, range classes were not a issue, and some with macros could destroy range classes at 1200 range in few seconds.

But Imo barrier should never belong to scourge at least with the current spec skill design that was Anet 1st mistake.

Barrier should be only one class mechanics, Anet is giving ton much barrier to several classes repeating the same boon mistakes, even stackable....
    Scourge should be arround controlling its shades while providing barrier to allies,it ended having to much aoe stuff where game has issues to handle it, where spec is ending in a quite weird spot, since Anet refuse to fix scourge and it’s forcing aoe spam gameplay on a slackers solution.

the thing is.. they try to play too much around easy fixes.. like you go to doctor about pain from a scratch on your leg and his easiest fix is lets cut off your leg..
    or someone dying and they give him jsut pain killers..
    they refuse to revert Scourge shade on PVE just to prove us like they made right call..
    their patch note.. looks like a patch that 3 5 years old kids creating game kind of patch..
    they create more mess around shade now ..
    and makes it harder to fix it.. they refuse to rework the class even tho they fail to balance it
    they can remove barrier if they want to but they will have to give Scourge another defensive system..
    and ofc aloooooot of boons to make it work as support i just hate how they do things.. and they distroyed a class just because they dont care to test things
    any one whos playing the game for 1 month could balance the game much better than they do
    right lets buff FB more..
    lets alll play FB 10 FB raid op!

edited November 30, 2019

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:

the thing is.. they try to play too much around easy fixes.. like you go to doctor about pain from a scratch on your leg and his easiest fix is lets cut off your leg..
    they refuse to revert Scourge shade on PVE just to prove us like they made right call..
    their patch note.. looks like a patch that 3 5 years old kids creating game kind of patch..
    and makes it harder to fix it.. they refuse to rework the class even tho they fail to balance it
    they can remove barrier if they want to but they will have to give Scourge another defensive system..
    and ofc aloooooot of boons to make it work as support i just hate how they do things.. and they distroyed a class just because they dont care to test things
    any one whos playing the game for 1 month could balance the game much better than they do

Thats what u do when spaghetti code is the meta.

U only change what u can more than that can break stuff, look what happened rev CoR wich is the stack n spam counter for scourge stacking.

Look the mess guardian SW still are...besides bow and sword ofc Anet hasn’t realized they need to remove initial cast delay.
    By the other hand u have players complain:) they don’t care about balance they want overperformance and low effort and devs are more tuned to please those players.

Still this patch was mostly to address the fall damage traits, maybe it’s a change on the right direction.

Let’s see and wait with a popcorn bag so we can aplaude or laugh at supposed game professionals takin clever or not future changes,

Don’t worry about pve it’s a noob zone where players that could never do anything ina mmo are being carried with awfull mob/boss mechanics, even raids bosses are full of aoe stuff where if players stand in one place they will survive easilly.

Placebowars..... let’s just wait for the next changes, imo scourge needs heavy ones while Anet keeps band aid them gameplay will continue the same.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:

U only change what u can more than that can break stuff, look what happened rev CoR wich is the stack n spam counter for scourge stacking.

Look the mess guardian SW still are...besides bow and sword ofc Anet hasn’t realized they need to remove initial cast delay.
    By the other hand u have players complain:) they don’t care about balance they want overperformance and low effort and devs are more tuned to please those players.

Still this patch was mostly to address the fall damage traits, maybe it’s a change on the right direction.

Let’s see and wait with a popcorn bag so we can aplaude or laugh at supposed game professionals takin clever or not future changes,

Don’t worry about pve it’s a noob zone where players that could never do anything ina mmo are being carried with awfull mob/boss mechanics, even raids bosses are full of aoe stuff where if players stand in one place they will survive easilly.

Placebowars..... let’s just wait for the next changes, imo scourge needs heavy ones while Anet keeps band aid them gameplay will continue the same.

yeah just makes me sad.. and i dont understand their decisions. if they are working about sand servant being too strong with the new change to shand shade.. why not rework the sandservant trait instead of exclude it from "normal shade" lol thats just dumb.

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:

yeah just makes me sad.. and i dont understand their decisions. if they are working about sand servant being too strong with the new change to shand shade.. why not rework the sandservant trait instead of exclude it from "normal shade" lol thats just dumb.

Cause they have no clue what they are doing, and don't even talk to each other. One hand says we realize power creep is an issue, and that same week put out a +50% damage bonus for wars vs barriers (traited). I could go on, but why even bother.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

• JETWING.2759JETWING.2759 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2019

Profession Skills

Elementalist

• Starting at level 10, elementalists can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.

Engineer

• Starting at level 10, engineers can now swap weapons while out of combat, gaining an additional pair of weapon slots on their Hero panel.
    • Utility Goggles: This skill no longer grants fury or provides immunity to blindness. It now grants resistance and removes blindness when used. This skill's toolbelt skill has been changed from Analyze to Detection Pulse.
    • Toss Elixir R: This skill no longer removes 1 condition when thrown. Projectile speed has been increased by 25%. The projectile thrown by this skill is now unblockable. Fixed an issue in which the land and water versions of this skill moved at different speeds.

PvP Changes

Engineer

• Elixir U: Reduced stability duration from 6 seconds to 1 second in PvP only.
    • Amazing changes on Elementalist's and Engineer's weapon swap.
    • Good and needed changes on Utility Googles. Core Engi thanks :)
    • Now the Elixir R may get some spot on some game mode. Good changes!
    • About Elixir U, i think that wasn't good change remove the Stability. If the goal was decrease the Holosmith access to Stab, may be better decrease this on Crystal Configuration Eclipse instead. Some builds uses Cristal Configuration Storm or Crystal Configuration Zephyr and needs that Stability source, without talks about Core Builds. If you realy needs remove the Stab, may be good follow the original concept of "Utility" and replace the Stability and Quickness by Alacrity. The respective Toolbelt skill could have the Superspeed replaced by decrease all recharging skills by a certain amount of seconds.

Sorry bad english! :)

• Tazer.2157Tazer.2157 Member ✭✭✭

@Lighter.5631 said:
    lol support FB buffed, no nerf to symbol fb and herald lol ok..
    btw what happens in pvp with ele/engi, can they swap OOC too, that would be the most BS i've ever seen lol

I think the engineer and the ele can swap weapons in pvp but only out of combat unlike other classes that can swap during combat and thank goodness for that or else the amount of active skills they would have would be too much.

• Please change herald skills so either we get diferent boons(quickness would be awesome ) or we get to make direct dmg with one of them (doent need to be upkeep)
    Also please look at core trait lines in revenant because it has some things that doent make sense (like having vicious lacerations and ferocious strikes ,one is 9%more dmg and the other is 150 feroc )
    Other thing that might be good is to put assasins precence in imvocation and changing it to legendary presence so when we change legend we give a diferent buff (ex assasin presence 150 power dwarf presence 150 thougness ventary 150healing power mallynx 150 condidmg glint 150 concentration kalla 150feroc/150expertice

• CelestialCat.6240CelestialCat.6240 Member ✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

Warrior could also use some nerfing to the invulnerability in PvP to cut the duration by half and reduce the passive blocks skills duration by half also to make warriors stop macroing the defensive skills to offset their all power berserker's gear. I've had enough of warriors jumping into zergs and getting away alive. Blocks and invulnerability should be used sparingly when needed not as a way to offset the need for toughness and vitality gear. It should be go tank or go dps not have both in one. The passive heals on might could also use some reworking (aka nerfing) to also reduce the use heal on might as another form of negating the need for defensive stat gear.

I've seen a build that can solo any champion including some of the super tough ones as well being able to solo zergs and groups in PvP and WvW. Warriors are to Over Powered as they stand.

Also Superior Rune of the Defender's cooldown for "heal for 5% of your maximum health after blocking an attack" is to short or broken as I've seen revenant and the odd warrior and guardian use the runes for very quick healing. Revenant the biggest exploiter of this rune set as while using Warding Rift I have seen revenant go from as low as 1% health to 100% in a couple of seconds when they run away from groups. Other skills which have passive blocks such as the Ranger's greatsword skill Counterattack can also pull this trick off however I have yet to see a ranger use it. Luckly warriors mostly do not use these runes as they want all that might and that sweet over powered heal on might instead, but if their heal on might gets nurfed I can quickly see this being a warrior fav.

@CelestialCat.6240 said:
    Warrior could also use some nerfing to the invulnerability in PvP to cut the duration by half and reduce the passive blocks skills duration by half also to make warriors stop macroing the defensive skills to offset their all power berserker's gear. I've had enough of warriors jumping into zergs and getting away alive. Blocks and invulnerability should be used sparingly when needed not as a way to offset the need for toughness and vitality gear. It should be go tank or go dps not have both in one. The passive heals on might could also use some reworking (aka nerfing) to also reduce the use heal on might as another form of negating the need for defensive stat gear.

I've seen a build that can solo any champion including some of the super tough ones as well being able to solo zergs and groups in PvP and WvW. Warriors are to Over Powered as they stand.

while i agree that the warrior blocking in pvp and the shield are abit over power and could use a nerf ! i think that warrior has been nerfing enough in this patch to not be op but fairly balanced ! but it doesnt change the fact the the amount of block from shield is still annoying to deal with.. but nerf that aswell would be over nerfing warrior because.. Basically the peak performance and Rampage were abit over nerfed ! instead of nerfing abit of the damage rampage brings and abit of the insane CC and survive it gives.. like abit from everything.. and make it still useful in all cases but just not as op... they went on and just literally removed the damage.. not nerfed but removed..
    this will result in not even 1 warrior using it on 1v1 for the simple reason even if you lock down a target with cc you still gotta kill it.. and it will be impossible on rampage with 0 damage.. but at the same time Rampage will continue being OP and only choice for warrior in group fights.. as the amount of survive and CC is still silly..
    rampage could still select a target and lock it with cc after cc and let the team kill it..
    peak performance was also op partly due to its combo with Rampage.. but if Rampage got no damage at all.. who cares about the 20% damge increase after casting Rampage? so its silly.. anyways shield on warrior is def abit too strong but after the massive nerf to peak and rampage nerfing shield aswell will result in over nerfing warrior and i think warrior is really balanced right now in all game modes

• desu.2514desu.2514 Member ✭✭

Still haft to laugh, next clone gen for all Mesmer. Such shot sighted changes across the board really. Honestly a net. Get a better balance team that understands at least the basics. If you believe an elite spec is over performing u make changes to the elite. NOT the base class skills and weapons. We players often get told by you as a company that you wish for diversity and balance yet you actively make changes counter to your claims by making blind changes that result in clunky mechanics, and affect different areas of a class more than the intended area.

You believe reducing clone gen hits mirage more, the elite with active ways to help clones survive. Or core that is not really used for obvious reasons, or chrono that can’t shatter without clones and has a trait requiring 3 clones alive to shatter to gen 1 clone.

Poor changes, poor form, and to sum things up. Once again trying to fix the class clockwork with a hammer while blindfolded.

Ps throw chrono a bone, no IP is fine and in many situations beneficial if u know how to play with it(talking to fellow old time players) but remove clone requirement from CS leave it at max 3 second duration and make it so if you don’t activate the skill a 2nd you don’t get pulled back to casting point. That’s a fair trade off and massive QoL improvement.

If clone gen is an issue on mirage instead of nerfing it By core just make max clones per skill 1 on mirage and go from there

Start thinking differently, instead OMG needs nerf, think how can we balance this while keeping everything else viable. How can we make trade offs that are noticeable but not overkill.

Chrono - no IP, but can double up skills with cs

Mirage - better clone damage + survivability and pseudo offensive dodge and manoeuvrability, less clone gen

Core - base clone gen, with IP for classic shatter potential and combos

• Lol why do u keep buffing the FB? Ur nerving everything else but the class or spec which rly needs a nerv is the FB. I mean u rly gotta take the revival effect from ele?

• aymnad.9023aymnad.9023 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

I said earlier I like the patch but here is my list of other things I can see nerfed in the future. This is a personal list made with sPvP in mind. I am not fully aware of every interactions (as you are going to see) so I just tried to pick what seems to offers little counterplay or just do not like about a profession design.

Mesmer:
    Power burst : I am going to be honest, I do not know what to nerf. This is not a bad build because it is a burst build, but because it is one of the most frequent burst with little to no tell (and fast 100%-0%). At least other burst builds are polite enough to warn you. FA weaver (cc or big red attack), FA tempest (usually air overload), sicem sniper (sound + effect on you), Berserker (Activation of berserker mode + signet [to be honest you have to look at the berserker to see that signet but this one goes up front in the fight])

Elem:
    Profession is fine in general. At first I was thinking about the focus but to be fair it is not the issue. I only dislike it because it stacks so well with weaver or tempest other defense sources. Overall I just do not like that they can stack so many condi/dmg + defense even if they do not have too much burst which is why they are seen as "ok" for most people. (also like mirage I do not like the dodge + dmg). (edit : so this is more a design issue)

Necro:
    Corrupt boon : 1200 range, unblockable, little to no tell, short cd. Make it blockable, add some damage to make it pop aegis and just add the animation before the removal on the target so they can react.

Ranger:
    Add some tell on gazelle charge, decrease the damage. Maybe do not make it rush so far.

Engi:
    Waiting for the nerfs to go live then will see.

Thief:
    Right now I do not know what to nerf (still hate that they can spam anything)

Warrior:
    Core / spellbreaker interactions:
    Spellbreaker just highlights how some things are just incredibly strong on warrior. The rampage nerf is a good start but how many things do I have to dodge? Cc, burst, dodge their blocks and even dodge their dodge?
    arcing slice : adrenaline level has no importance, high damage, the animation is fast and is refreshed on spellbreaker.
    Reckless dodge : Damage and unblockable. The damage sounds small at first. But magebane tether + Might makes right it becomes just too much. All the might increasing the damage, the fact that it triggers more often suddenly becomes a free harass, even a finisher if the enemy is low and tries to block. (edit : I am targeting this instead of the tether + might combo because I think spellbreaker can keep the sustain if they get less damage. You could also target the duration/might of the tether.)

Guard:
    I am more looking at symbolbrand because of the stacking coming from zeal. Has nice damage while being hard to take down. At least you can fight it but what a light show. Rest is fine, waiting for the future effect on shield.

Revenant:
    Again not sure. Herald is the only thing I can think of. It still has high mobility, high damage and a decent sustain. The build still can perform incredibly well but is less common in ranked. Maybe something on staff which brings a lot?

• areliorn.3165areliorn.3165 Member
    edited December 1, 2019

Grenadier: Fall damage reduction has been removed from this trait. This trait now also casts Lesser Grenade Barrage on your location when using a healing skill.

Please, pretty please realize that this is a terrible idea. Here is why: it puts an offensive skill on a defensive action. You don't always want to do damage. In fact, sometimes you have to actively avoid it. Putting this on healing means you now have to avoid healing to avoid damage, which is quite some disadvantage and was likely not intended (or was it?). Also, Grenadier is a trait that is a "must" for lots of builds, so it is not something you could easily not choose.

I can understand that you likely just wanted another trigger for the falling-damage-effect, but please do not use healing.

Just some things that would be really awkward with the proposed change:

• healing close to Subject 5 (reactor fractal) while it is shielding
    • healing while running away through crowds of mobs. You might be close to dying, so you want to go fast and you want to heal yourself. Getting ooc is key to be fast. But you cannot heal, as that would hit mobs close to you, keeping you in combat a lot longer
    • healing being close to neutral NPCs: oops, I didn't want to kill you, only heal myself
    • healing while "enemy players" being close in certain raids
    • healing while being invisible (and staying invisible)
  • @Ghos.1326 said:
    Any sneak peak or early information on what you guys are going to do with the Inventions trait line for the Engineer to make it synergize more with its purpose: healing and defense? Currently, as is, it's sad to say it, but Alchemy alone does the job that Inventions is supposed to do, but better.

MDF is highest heal output in healscrapper. Overshield is actually a very protection source and makes shield worth bringing to wvw zerg fights. And pistol as a sigil-holder, I guess... Mecha-legs is perhaps a bit lackluster, but many like to use it. The additional heal of soothing detonations is however noticable.
    Auto-bomb-dispenser as a ticking auto-blind and smoke-field on CC is pretty awsome for defense, too.
    Automatic medical response is usually pretty useless, though... Maybe letting it give a charge in addition to your healskill for 10s would be better.
    Anticorrosion plating is still great with holo for aoe-cleansing hardlight-arena, while bunker-down is often used for the sustain part in roaming builds.

Only thing that's useless is experimental turrets. But not because of the trait, but the turrets themself. If the trait would be +100% dmg, -50% CD, +200% HP on turrets, they would still be useless in most situations.

So, In my opinion, inventions (heal/defense) is the least problematic traitline to fix. firearms (condi/power/boons/krit) or alchemy (boons/defense/heal), might be more problematic.

• I will greatly miss the fall damage trait in WvW. With all the increases to mobility of enemies while in their territory (gliding, their mounts move faster, plus now dismounting lance) it's really hard to avoid getting chased down by groups of 10+ brave, bloodthirsty enemies while roaming. I would use this trait to turn the tables by jumping off a cliff then ccing them while they try to glide, failing this try to blink back up the cliff. I run ele but this is putting more and more pressure to go to a stealth class.

• Dmon.2089Dmon.2089 Member ✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

People complain that they feel rob for the prices of Equipment Templates (instead of special bags for example or another implementation wich takes the slots you use into account) when in most cases it's just some minor adjustements (stats or weapons at hand) and share 80% of gear with another Equipment Template. (Among other things)

ANET: Hey, let's give Engineer and elementalist an extra weapon they can change out of battle so they don't feel robbed giving the Equipment Templates to those classes cause of those 2 slots they don't have.

It worries me because this fix seems to point in the direction that you are just not gonna adress the main issue wich is how the Equipment Template works (makes no sense and this fix seems to point even ANET considers it as a gear storage of sorts).

Edit:

Also another note.
    Engi and Ele didn't have another weapon set cause they already have a great diversity of skills even with just one.
    Other classes, let's say warrior don't have that. They need to be able to swap weapons to reach that skill diversity.
    So what this fix is going, is creating the issue, that now engi and ele are able to do something (change the weapons they are ussing according to situation) wich requires to waste a Equipment Template for other clases.

• Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭

RiP PvP - nothing more to be said.

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

@areliorn.3165 said:

Grenadier: Fall damage reduction has been removed from this trait. This trait now also casts Lesser Grenade Barrage on your location when using a healing skill.

Please, pretty please realize that this is a terrible idea. Here is why: it puts an offensive skill on a defensive action. You don't always want to do damage. In fact, sometimes you have to actively avoid it. Putting this on healing means you now have to avoid healing to avoid damage, which is quite some disadvantage and was likely not intended (or was it?). Also, Grenadier is a trait that is a "must" for lots of builds, so it is not something you could easily not choose.

I can understand that you likely just wanted another trigger for the falling-damage-effect, but please do not use healing.

Just some things that would be really awkward with the proposed change:

• healing close to Subject 5 (reactor fractal) while it is shielding
    • healing while running away through crowds of mobs. You might be close to dying, so you want to go fast and you want to heal yourself. Getting ooc is key to be fast. But you cannot heal, as that would hit mobs close to you, keeping you in combat a lot longer
    • healing being close to neutral NPCs: oops, I didn't want to kill you, only heal myself
    • healing while "enemy players" being close in certain raids
    • healing while being invisible (and staying invisible)

Well, hopefully, there will be an ICD because if not what I'll do is simply slot medkit and spam lesser grenade barrage while healing myself with F1. Yes, indeed, you can heal yourself with F1 most of the time which make your arguments not really convincing.

• solemn.9608solemn.9608 Member ✭✭✭

• Warrior's Cunning: Reduced damage bonus against targets above 90% health from 25% to 7% in PvP only. Reduced damage bonus against targets with barrier from 50% to 10% in PvP only.
      • Throw Boulder: Power coefficient has been reduced from 2.0 to 0.01 in PvP only.
      • Seismic Leap: Power coefficient has been reduced from 1.6 to 0.01 in PvP only.

:D
    Goodbye face-roll warrior mains in PvP
    Good riddens!!!!

• Lighter.5631Lighter.5631 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

@Tazer.2157 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:
    lol support FB buffed, no nerf to symbol fb and herald lol ok..
    btw what happens in pvp with ele/engi, can they swap OOC too, that would be the most BS i've ever seen lol

I think the engineer and the ele can swap weapons in pvp but only out of combat unlike other classes that can swap during combat and thank goodness for that or else the amount of active skills they would have would be too much.

would still be op, like swap for dagger for mobility then swap to focus for combat, or like staff for team fight and sword focus for duels

@solemn.9608 said:

Goodbye face-roll warrior mains in PvP
    Good riddens!!!!

so called face roll warrior only exist in gold. but anyway good for u

• Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2019

Finally.
    Thank you for adding weapons swaps to the Engi and Eles, about time they became on par with the rest of the classes... only took 7 years haha

Why out of combat, why not like all the other classes... boggles the mind...

• With Condis getting nerfed again, may I suggest looking at powerful traits with no internal CD? (Cleansing Water, Escapist's Absolution) to name a few.

Physicks [Dankening]
    Toilet Seats

• Just want to know WHEN will "a larger competitive-focused update" come.

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2019

PvP only??

WvW excluded??

-WvW is as important as PvP, why treat it with partial treatment and with unsympathetic intolerance?-

'If you change nothing, nothing will change'

WvW need those changes; in fact Anet owes WvW years of past due treatments of PvP to WvW.

Instead of treating all game modes with all players fair, Anet instead force them to chose or else Punish them to deal with Toxicity at its maximum in WvW?

Rinse+Repeat.....History repeats itself once again.

As a reminder;

'If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad'

'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

• Sarrs.4831Sarrs.4831 Member ✭✭✭

@Burnfall.9573 said:
    PvP only??
    WvW excluded??
    -WvW is as important as PvP, why treat it with partial treatment with unsympathetic intolerance?-
    'If you change nothing, nothing will change'
    WvW need those changes; in fact Anet owes WvW years of past due treatments of PvP to WvW.
    Instead of treating all game modes with all players fair, Anet instead force them to chose or else Punish them to deal with Toxicity at its maximum in WvW?
    Rinse+Repeat.....History repeats itself once again.
    As a reminder; 'If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad'

The PvP exclusive changes? Are you saying that WvW needs these changes, or attention in general?
    I'm not sure if many of these changes are particularly relevant to WvW. Maybe I don't play in the right groups but condi thieves and engineers aren't oppressive in the same way as in PvP. Rampage Warriors are a pita roaming though for sure.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they're just not digging in to WvW changes until we get Alliances.

• Don Vega Van Kain.9842Don Vega Van Kain.9842 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2019

@Dante.1508 said:
    Finally.
    Thank you for adding weapons swaps to the Engi and Eles, about time they became on par with the rest of the classes... only took 7 years haha

Cuz ele will have then 40 weapon's skills...40, yes, you have to be a pianist but you'll become a god in pvp.

In other hand, they better have to rework kits than that for engi.

Troll since 1988.

• @Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

@Dante.1508 said:
    Finally.

Cuz ele will have then 40 weapon's skills...40, yes, you have to be a pianist but you'll become a god in pvp.

If they ever give ele or engi weapon swap in combat then they'd have to increase the CDs on attunements, and put all attunements and weapon swap on CD when a weapon is swapped or attunement switched. Every kit on an engi would need to be put on CD once one is equipped or a weapon swapped, and the kits would need to go on CD if a weapon is swapped. And this would just be for balance sake.

So, yeah... let's not discuss in combat weapon swapping for those two classes.

• @Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

@Dante.1508 said:
    Finally.

If they ever give ele or engi weapon swap in combat then they'd have to increase the CDs on attunements, and put all attunements and weapon swap on CD when a weapon is swapped or attunement switched. Every kit on an engi would need to be put on CD once one is equipped or a weapon swapped, and the kits would need to go on CD if a weapon is swapped. And this would just be for balance sake.

So, yeah... let's not discuss in combat weapon swapping for those two classes.

Wrong target ;)

I explain WHY they haven't weapon swap in combat :)

Troll since 1988.

• ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

@aymnad.9023 said:
    I said earlier I like the patch but here is my list of other things I can see nerfed in the future. This is a personal list made with sPvP in mind. I am not fully aware of every interactions (as you are going to see) so I just tried to pick what seems to offers little counterplay or just do not like about a profession design.

Mesmer:
    Power burst : I am going to be honest, I do not know what to nerf. This is not a bad build because it is a burst build, but because it is one of the most frequent burst with little to no tell (and fast 100%-0%). At least other burst builds are polite enough to warn you. FA weaver (cc or big red attack), FA tempest (usually air overload), sicem sniper (sound + effect on you), Berserker (Activation of berserker mode + signet [to be honest you have to look at the berserker to see that signet but this one goes up front in the fight])

Start with something similar to what you called out for corrupt boon with Arcane thievery tbh considering its very similar in regards of range, unblockable, and has little to no tell and a short cd.

As far as limiting burst reducing the number of skills that can be multi cast ontop of one another is also something you can start with. This would mean adding even a short cast time to a few skills to limit how many skills could be used at the same time along side one another.

Necro:
    Corrupt boon : 1200 range, unblockable, little to no tell, short cd. Make it blockable, add some damage to make it pop aegis and just add the animation before the removal on the target so they can react.

This is fine only if things similar to it get the same change

Ranger:
    Add some tell on gazelle charge, decrease the damage. Maybe do not make it rush so far.

This is a nice idea but hardly solves any of the other dozen problems with ranger.
    Imo locking pets to the relatable xpac elites would go along way. Too many ranger builds in competitive regardless of core, rarely druid, or soul beast depend on smoke scale. Limiting smokescale would tone down ranger utility because in truth this one pet does too much for all builds.

Engi:
    Waiting for the nerfs to go live then will see.

Not sure much will change Holo is still going to be low risk with high reward elite spec.

Warrior:
    Core / spellbreaker interactions:
    Spellbreaker just highlights how some things are just incredibly strong on warrior. The rampage nerf is a good start but how many things do I have to dodge? Cc, burst, dodge their blocks and even dodge their dodge?

Thats just warrior in general lots of things you are forced to dodge or take high damage really the might stacking in high counts is likely the issue here.

Reckless dodge : Damage and unblockable. The damage sounds small at first. But magebane tether + Might makes right it becomes just too much. All the might increasing the damage, the fact that it triggers more often suddenly becomes a free harass, even a finisher if the enemy is low and tries to block. (edit : I am targeting this instead of the tether + might combo because I think spellbreaker can keep the sustain if they get less damage. You could also target the duration/might of the tether.)

This needs to be made blockable or should not be able to crit then it would be fine.

Guard:
    I am more looking at symbolbrand because of the stacking coming from zeal. Has nice damage while being hard to take down. At least you can fight it but what a light show. Rest is fine, waiting for the future effect on shield.

Dont go looking to nerf core lines when the problems are with firebrand mind you.
    Symbols with core guardian are not a problem as core guardian has counters and weaknesses and lacks the sustain that firebrand brings along side it. I would start with lowering mantra effectiveness. Possibly reducing counts on all of them from 3 charges down to 2 charges.

Revenant:
    Again not sure. Herald is the only thing I can think of. It still has high mobility, high damage and a decent sustain. The build still can perform incredibly well but is less common in ranked. Maybe something on staff which brings a lot?

This is likely a might stacking issue. Reducing self might gen here would be ideal considering it can generate a decent range of other boons.

• SeikeNz.3526SeikeNz.3526 Member ✭✭✭

@noiwk.2760 said:

@CelestialCat.6240 said:

while i agree that the warrior blocking in pvp and the shield are abit over power and could use a nerf ! i think that warrior has been nerfing enough in this patch to not be op but fairly balanced ! but it doesnt change the fact the the amount of block from shield is still annoying to deal with.. but nerf that aswell would be over nerfing warrior because.. Basically the peak performance and Rampage were abit over nerfed ! instead of nerfing abit of the damage rampage brings and abit of the insane CC and survive it gives.. like abit from everything.. and make it still useful in all cases but just not as op... they went on and just literally removed the damage.. not nerfed but removed..
    this will result in not even 1 warrior using it on 1v1 for the simple reason even if you lock down a target with cc you still gotta kill it.. and it will be impossible on rampage with 0 damage.. but at the same time Rampage will continue being OP and only choice for warrior in group fights.. as the amount of survive and CC is still silly..
    rampage could still select a target and lock it with cc after cc and let the team kill it..
    peak performance was also op partly due to its combo with Rampage.. but if Rampage got no damage at all.. who cares about the 20% damge increase after casting Rampage? so its silly.. anyways shield on warrior is def abit too strong but after the massive nerf to peak and rampage nerfing shield aswell will result in over nerfing warrior and i think warrior is really balanced right now in all game modes

implying that rampage is the only way to deal damage, rampage is just half shot ko, while any other skills like their burst will be one shot

• killfil.3472killfil.3472 Member ✭✭✭

I like these changes.
    However I believe there are some keypoints that need reviewing for the necromancer ;
    -Dhuumfire : the number of Burn stacks and duration should change based on the specialization currently in use.
    -Foot in the Grave : the short duration of the provided stability is much too small to truly compete with the other grandmaster traits. Perhaps it could pulse stability instead of providing a single stack?
    -Putrid Defense : a flat damage increase for a condition in a trait-line dedicated to defense is quite strange to me. Perhaps it could be replaced to something akin to "reduce damage taken per condition on yourself"?
    -Soul comprehension : this trait has been criticised for a very long time. The increase of generated life-force from death is not only quite small, but it is also much too situational. If it is to remain a trait meant to bolster generation from kills, perhaps it could instead allow kills to generate life force when life force replaces health too? Otherwise, I believe it should be entirely redesigned.

• Lich Form : I do not know if my opinion is unique, but to have a transformation skill atop our transformation profession mechanics seems redundant. However, there are 2 skills tied to it that could make for perfect replacements ; Grim Specter, if slightly tuned, could very well become the new spectrale Elite, and Summon Madness could replace the somewhat clunky Flesh Golem!
  • Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

Hey people of tyria we know all the game modes and are giving you this great new freeing up the traits feature that comes with more instant deaths to cliffs and terrain glitches in wvw merry wintersday!!! Oh also people will use the new detection pulse for a couple weeks before complaining that they have to actually slot the goggle skill and then complain that they don't have a passive way that just counters the enemy for them.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

Is no one going to mention the fact that Purity of Purpose trait is going to be stupidly OP and be almost impossible to keep up with boon corrupts because of it??