I want to see video of Devs

Take every class against this Eater of Souls. I want to see every fail too and I want them to do it without getting the cage between them and it. Put it on Twitch( kind of like my eye is now that I am trying this on Weaver after the "Fix/Nerf", I mean my stun doesn't work my knock down. So seriously, I don't want vids from other players I want to see the content creator do this.

I have no doubt that the devs can fight the Eater of Souls. They created the mechanics, they know you have to cc him and maybe use dodge once in a while. They also know exactly which skills provide crowd control and how much. Wasn't he even nerfed recently? Many people here beat him in under a minute, this is solely on you. The disconnection is unfortunate, but it sounds like you tried to cheat your way out of this instead of learning what a defiance bar is. It's much more stressful and time consuming to use any "tricks" for this fight than just fighting him, I honestly don't get it.

I don't think the devs should take the time to prove something to you. Would you ask the creator of the Rubik's Cube to show a video of himself solving a Rubik's Cube because you cannot figure out the pattern?

The tomb of primeval kings mastery point requires the griffon to be unlocked, so simply getting one from the roost isn't enough. You don't need to glitch your way to get there. The devs have confirmed it in the AMA. Did it myself too.

As for the eater of souls fight, the nerf is a LOT better than what they had before. Use CC's as the eater of soul jumps, that's the most optimal time to do it. Before the nerf, the breakbar barely registered on my screen and I accidentally discovered it after using a CC at the exact right time, because the breakbar lasted half a second where it now is a few seconds (which thank god, cause I was not looking forward to redoing that).

So yes, there was an actual nerf to the fight, played it both before and after the nerf. Just load a few more CCs on your bar and you should be good.

It already has been nerfed. Before the nerf my Mesmer, Warrior, Necro and Rev had no Problems with it and i've not kiting it into the cage. Just get some movementskills and cc on your bar, dodge his attacks, get a stunbreak skill with you. If breakbar appears throw cc at him and burst him down. Imo Beast of war and Balti are much more difficult, also Iberu wasn't fun with my chrono.

What class and build you're playing? Maybe we can give you some advice to make the figth easier to you.

ppl who make threads complaining about this boss' difficulty/story chapter are embarrassing themselves.

for the 10th time. it's. not. hard. this boss is like 1+1 to a lot of us.

i'm not even a good player and i killed it in 5 mins... put effort into it, omg. and u think devs who are super nerds, can't kill this easy boss?

threads like these make anet think we want 1+1 content, but most of us don't. we need things to challenge us. super mario was fun not because it was 1+1, but because u have to die and try and try again. why are ppl wanting games to be completely spoonfed omg.

You all are reading my request the wrong way.I will admit that when I wrote this I was tired and a little cranky, but I beat this on my ranger/soulbeast using the short bow and no glitches before the "Fix/Nerf".As I was writing this I had positioned myself and the Eater on opposite sides of the cage, minimized to type and as I went back in the Eater leaped INTO the Cage with Joko.I am more irritated by this because I didn't want to glitch the fight.You are all Trolling, "CC" Hey I only see the bar for 1/2 second if that, "Dodge" I do, mostly using "Burning Retreat" and EnduranceNow, add in the DC, meaning I have to start back at square 1, Knock Balth down to 10% just to get sent back, it is a time sink.I still want to see them do this, with every class, I want to see them do it without the Glitchy way, maybe they will fix the AI so it doesn't get hung up on the cage or inside it, maybe they will remove that little bit that some stand on. Maybe they will drop another break point so you don't have to start at square one.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:I am puzzled that players didn't find out that you just have to dodge/leap back after his leap to avoid the HP drain. It's so easy to understand see. I suggest everyone plays Dark Souls before they play any other game. So they learn to read a boss' telegraph and to learn how to omit damage and learn patterns.

Um... I learn this stuff before Dark Souls.Also loathe the series after playing 1 game.

@"Sardeth Wynn.9548" said:You are all Trolling, "CC" Hey I only see the bar for 1/2 second if that

The leaps breakbar was extended to a few seconds, it previously was half a second. Either for some reason it's bugged for you, or you're exaggerating on this point, because that was specifically addressed in the fix, and I know it was fixed because I played it both before and after the nerf and I can actually see the breakbar this time, as well as the much slower leaping animation.

@castlemanic.3198 said:

@"Sardeth Wynn.9548" said:You are all Trolling, "CC" Hey I only see the bar for 1/2 second if that

The leaps breakbar was extended to a few seconds, it previously was half a second. Either for some reason it's bugged for you, or you're exaggerating on this point, because that was specifically addressed in the fix, and I know it was fixed because I played it both before and after the nerf and I can actually see the breakbar this time, as well as the much slower leaping animation.

When I said this is means I CCed it quick

@castlemanic.3198 said:

The leap bar was 1:42 secondsI don't know how long it is now. I haven't played it again yet since the nerf.

@Haishao.6851 said:The leap bar was 1:42 secondsI don't know how long it is now. I haven't played it again yet since the nerf.

That was definitely not the case in the slightest for me. The leap bar barely registered on the screen with how long it lasted and that's not an exaggeration. Maybe ping has something to do with it? Or the computer I was on, that was a crappy computer. But I'm telling you, there was an issue with how little time the breakbar was on the screen before the nerf.

@Sardeth Wynn.9548 said:When I said this is means I CCed it quick

Then say you CCed it quickly, not that the breakbar lasts half a second. But even then, you still have plenty of time to CC it. Use faster cast time CCs if you're having trouble, and you only need a single CC to land to interrupt the leap. Use the CC as soon as you see the orange circle on the ground, which should help with longer cast time CCs. Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you, the fight's already been nerfed and i'm not sure a second nerf is necessary.

Legitimate query, can you record and upload a video of you having trouble with it? I'm curious as to whether your build can be adjusted or not to tackle the boss.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:I am puzzled that players didn't find out that you just have to dodge/leap back after his leap to avoid the HP drain. It's so easy to understand see. I suggest everyone plays Dark Souls before they play any other game. So they learn to read a boss' telegraph and to learn how to omit damage and learn patterns.

That might be a step down, though. Dark Souls has telegraphs that are easy to read compared to GW2's particle disco fiesta.

@Sardeth Wynn.9548 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:Why won't you accept any one of the countless videos of actual players beating this fight, players who didn't design it?

Because just like the mastery point inside Tomb, they have their idea of how things should be done rather than Map Breaks and glitches

Yes, your request is unreasonable, because there are plenty of videos up of people legitimately killing this boss without using any map breaks, glitches or exploits. Just because you refuse to believe that doesn't make it false.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:Why won't you accept any one of the countless videos of actual players beating this fight, players who didn't design it?

Because just like the mastery point inside Tomb, they have their idea of how things should be done rather than Map Breaks and glitches

Yes, your request is unreasonable, because there are plenty of videos up of people legitimately killing this boss without using any map breaks, glitches or exploits. Just because you refuse to believe that doesn't make it false.

Yes, I know, but I want to see what they had in mind, of course, you are reading it like a complaint, a criticism or an attack, but hey what gets you through your day. I will continue to want to see the Devs and how they thought the fight should go down and how they thought up this fight.

Didn't they nerf this fight already? I've seen a video of a guy beating this boss NAKED.Granted, I haven't beaten if after the nerf, myself. I beat it before the nerf (in less than 2 minutes, first try).

@maddoctor.2738 said:I want to see a video of the OP failing this fight so I know what they are doing so completely wrong to fail this stupidly easy fight.

I think this would be a good idea. Maybe if we knew what the problem was, people could suggest things that could help you. If players can beat this boss so easily, I guarantee you the people who made and tested the game before releasing it can beat it at least as easily.

Archived