Ele/Eng weapon swap PvP — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ele/Eng weapon swap PvP

Ryan.9387Ryan.9387 Member ✭✭✭

Is this coming to pvp or just pve?

Comments

  • I haven’t heard but sounds dope. I cannot explain how badly I wanted a second weapon for ele in wvw season 1. Takes me back I can remember farming the other tier 1 severs at their gates with arcane staff ele

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2019

    its out of combat swap only. I would think they only keep this to pve/ wvw.

  • Zenix.6198Zenix.6198 Member ✭✭✭

    I'd think this would be a general thing (PvP and PvE alike).
    But apart from some rare fringe-case scenarios I don't really see the usefulness of ooc weaponswap.

    More so for ele.....for engi I don't see any usefulness at all.

  • mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭

    If not done correctly, sheet's about to get wild

  • ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Really big buff to ele in particular if this goes through. Ooc weapon swap to dagger dagger for rtl, burning speed, and steam surge map mobility then back to sword focus for the real fighting.

    Prot Holo would gain rifle leap for mobility but that isn't nearly as much as dd ele.

  • Zenix.6198Zenix.6198 Member ✭✭✭

    @ArthurDent.9538 said:
    Really big buff to ele in particular if this goes through. Ooc weapon swap to dagger dagger for rtl, burning speed, and steam surge map mobility then back to sword focus for the real fighting.

    Prot Holo would gain rifle leap for mobility but that isn't nearly as much as dd ele.

    I get the argument. And adding more options can certainly be called a "buff".
    Just not sure about calling it "huge for PvP".

    At best its a mobility boost while traveling between nodes.
    At worst it will screw you over by getting stuck on a sub-optimal weaponset for combat.

    Maybe I'm just biased tho ¯_(ツ)_/¯

  • witcher.3197witcher.3197 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Of course it won't be available during PvP matches. Stop dreaming.

  • Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zenix.6198 said:

    @ArthurDent.9538 said:
    Really big buff to ele in particular if this goes through. Ooc weapon swap to dagger dagger for rtl, burning speed, and steam surge map mobility then back to sword focus for the real fighting.

    Prot Holo would gain rifle leap for mobility but that isn't nearly as much as dd ele.

    I get the argument. And adding more options can certainly be called a "buff".
    Just not sure about calling it "huge for PvP".

    At best its a mobility boost while traveling between nodes.
    At worst it will screw you over by getting stuck on a sub-optimal weaponset for combat.

    Maybe I'm just biased tho ¯_(ツ)_/¯

    I mean if it adds mobility when moving between points, or if it allows you to say... stack a bunch of boons (e.g. ele staff) before a fight, then it's somewhat of a buff. I can see a lot of players get caught out and be put in combat, but it's just risk/reward.

    I think it's better for WvW or open-world PvE. Use one weaponset for mobility or to stack something like bloodlust, swap back to your other set and you've got a free 250 power.

    Either way, it's great QoL change and saves me swapping between templates just to change my weapon.

  • From what I saw it's a global change so it will be in PvP, WvW and PvE

  • Duckota.4769Duckota.4769 Member ✭✭✭

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:
    From what I saw it's a global change so it will be in PvP, WvW and PvE

    I'm not so sure. It said the ability to add a 2nd weapon would be in the hero panel UI I thought. Which your weapon selection for pvp is not, but lets all just wait and see :)

  • @Duckota.4769 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:
    From what I saw it's a global change so it will be in PvP, WvW and PvE

    I'm not so sure. It said the ability to add a 2nd weapon would be in the hero panel UI I thought. Which your weapon selection for pvp is not, but lets all just wait and see :)

    What makes me think that it is included in PvP and WvW is that they split off the balance changes for PvP only and WvW only, and the changes that were global were all put into one, But yeah.. will have to wait

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2019

    I'm pretty sure for Engineer and Elementalist it'll operate like Utility Skills and Traits. Before the match officially starts you can freely swap but once the match count down properly begins they are locked in whether you are in combat or not.

    I just can't imagine they'll give elementalist something like using DaggerDagger to rotate quickly to a point and then swap to Sword+Focus and fight with that. It'd be an extreme boost in the capabilities of both Engineer and Elementalist just to get that out of combat utility and mobility.

    Best Dressed Memser NA.

  • @mortrialus.3062 said:

    I just can't imagine they'll give elementalist something like using DaggerDagger to rotate quickly to a point and then swap to Sword+Focus and fight with that. It'd be an extreme boost in the capabilities of both Engineer and Elementalist just to get that out of combat utility and mobility.

    I mean in a perfect situation that will happen, however if ele gets caught in combat playing a fireweaver build on D/D they will have screwed themselves over and ineffective in offensive and defensive play