Are their bots in WVW? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are their bots in WVW?

jgeezz.7832jgeezz.7832 Member ✭✭

I believe that there are bots in WVW, a lot players say that they are real players but i say their is mainly due to the fact that they don't make any mistakes and they say with in 500-1000 range of a real player and will respond in 5 mins if down if not rez by a player. I say they are bots because i know i am not a great player but that would mean that in 50 to 100 kills they make no mistakes even Nooby has been killed in a fight 1 vs 3 these players using bots never get killed and have been hit by 2 times that many players and not died.

I could be wrong but really do think so WvW really needs some devs to step and do something.

Comments

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    do you know which guild tag?

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

    Most likely yes, there are bots in WvW though from personal experience not nearly as many as opposed to pve/pvp. If you spot suspicious behavior it don't hurt to record it send it in also to support as evidence your best bet... but good luck... the guy I caught speedhacking/botting in eotm years ago still plays to this day. Sad.

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Bots that treb, bots that run back to the treb spot and stay there after treb has beed destroyed, yes we have seen em and more. Report and move on.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Voltekka.2375 said:
    Bots that treb, bots that run back to the treb spot and stay there after treb has beed destroyed, yes we have seen em and more. Report and move on.

    I am pretty sure the OPs bots is everything in WvW that kills him, not trebbers or autorunners.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What class/spec were they?

    Do you really believe there are bots running around in wvw killing people while being unkillable, they would be better than the game ai being able to adapt to every situation. Just because someone doesn't respawn in 5 minutes doesn't mean they're botting.

    You most likely ran into one of the cheap tanky specs that are near unkillable, they know how to kite, and maybe using macros.
    Highly doubt a bot is 1v3ing people, unless you guys are really terrible...

    Another derailing post ^ - Anet
    "Is there pvp stuff for this?" - "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon." - "Woo!"
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WaH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Rofl bots winning 1 v 3 against human players would be kitten hilarious.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭

    I think OP is referring to duo "roamers" where one plays something like minstrel firebrand, tempest, scrapper and supports the other player that has the offensive spec. He's probably like me and thinks it's impossible to enjoy such a role, so they must be some kind of mindless automaton.

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Clownmug.8357 said:
    I think OP is referring to duo "roamers" where one plays something like minstrel firebrand, tempest, scrapper and supports the other player that has the offensive spec. He's probably like me and thinks it's impossible to enjoy such a role, so they must be some kind of mindless automaton.

    He's talking about "1v3", so he's not talking about duos. I think he's just new or, well, not too good at the game, so a player using proper meta builds with sustain options confuses him.

  • Yes ima bot! 0/

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @L A T I O N.8923 said:
    Yes ima bot! 0/

    I...am...a...robot....

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • I am not a robot. I am a pug :( (or kitten as I prefer to be called) Get it right.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Any militia in here?

    Another derailing post ^ - Anet
    "Is there pvp stuff for this?" - "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon." - "Woo!"
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WaH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    Any militia in here?

    No only bots.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Clownmug.8357 said:
    I think OP is referring to duo "roamers" where one plays something like minstrel firebrand, tempest, scrapper and supports the other player that has the offensive spec. He's probably like me and thinks it's impossible to enjoy such a role, so they must be some kind of mindless automaton.

    He's talking about "1v3", so he's not talking about duos. I think he's just new or, well, not too good at the game, so a player using proper meta builds with sustain options confuses him.

    Missed that part, my bad. I just saw the part about always hanging around another player and figured it was about a support spec, now I have no idea what OP is talking about.

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I've noted when spawncamping a side of EB there's usually one pathing it's way right into us over and over for hours.

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Is there anything to gain from botting in WvW?

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @LetoII.3782 said:
    I've noted when spawncamping a side of EB there's usually one pathing it's way right into us over and over for hours.

    I'm not sure that definitively means that is a bot and not a typical player.

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Is there anything to gain from botting in WvW?

    The biggest one would be treb bots but I don't think you need actual bots for that, just put something heavy on the #2 key and logon to your main...

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I watched a core guardian bot kill a player in their own camp the other week.
    Reported the bot, obviously. Then lol'd.

    Apart from killing that player the bot would just cycle around one of the Alpine maps taking the same camps and sentrys over and over again. If they already owned something the bot would visit the objective briefly then move on. I didn't follow the bot around for more than a few minutes (you know, just wanted to be sure before I hit that report button) but assumed they were occasionally killed as they'd respawn and begin the trek again. No mount was used.

    ~ Kovu

    Ranger, Fort Aspenwood.

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2019

    @Justine.6351 said:

    @LetoII.3782 said:
    I've noted when spawncamping a side of EB there's usually one pathing it's way right into us over and over for hours.

    I'm not sure that definitively means that is a bot and not a typical player.

    Well, the people-bots will occasionally stop to send an angry whisper or such.
    The bot-peoples tend to have a rigid routine.

    But you could be right, it may just be the less creative types <,<

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2019

    i'm curious for the op to reply. since, it could be fun this thing. what their guild tags? which server?

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

    each weekend I take beer and pica, and play like not cool bot.
    And don't respond to any unknown person.
    May be it was me ?

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    fb weaver team?

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Clownmug.8357 said:
    I think OP is referring to duo "roamers" where one plays something like minstrel firebrand, tempest, scrapper and supports the other player that has the offensive spec. He's probably like me and thinks it's impossible to enjoy such a role, so they must be some kind of mindless automaton.

    kitten support Revenant is so bad it's not even mentioned when considering support bots...

  • Fun fact you have on EBG bot -commanders which are created by Arena.NET^^

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2019

    I've clearly seen bots in PvP, and reported them. But I never noticed any obvious bots in WvW.
    So, or they are not there, or they are very good. ;)

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • @jgeezz.7832 said:
    I believe that there are bots in WVW, a lot players say that they are real players but i say their is mainly due to the fact that they don't make any mistakes and they say with in 500-1000 range of a real player and will respond in 5 mins if down if not rez by a player. I say they are bots because i know i am not a great player but that would mean that in 50 to 100 kills they make no mistakes even Nooby has been killed in a fight 1 vs 3 these players using bots never get killed and have been hit by 2 times that many players and not died.

    I could be wrong but really do think so WvW really needs some devs to step and do something.

    Bot quality in a game like GW2 is pretty low, they are not good at fighting, I have seen what the actual bots are like, they are very, very poor at fighting. What you are talking about here does not indicate a bot, but a player.

    The player probably did make mistakes, but being a newer player you don't understand or see them. This is a learn to play issue. Keep in mind there are many SB and FB builds that are full support that can take on 3-4 people for extended periods if they know their rotations right, this is just a part of the poor balance state of the game right now.

    "When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

  • @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    Fun fact you have on EBG bot -commanders which are created by Arena.NET^^

    Really what is the bots name. I know people are saying you are crazy Nooby everyone knows him he even makes mistakes, which is why i say there are bots. Also when in WVW and have you ever seen a line of players block a spawn all move at the exact same time, I really mean that i have come out of spawn to fight them roamers blocking a spawn and moved forward and watch the whole line back up.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @jgeezz.7832 said:

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    Fun fact you have on EBG bot -commanders which are created by Arena.NET^^

    Really what is the bots name. I know people are saying you are crazy Nooby everyone knows him he even makes mistakes, which is why i say there are bots. Also when in WVW and have you ever seen a line of players block a spawn all move at the exact same time, I really mean that i have come out of spawn to fight them roamers blocking a spawn and moved forward and watch the whole line back up.

    You DO know why they back up right?

    It’s to prevent your easy return to the invulnerable area as they kick your butt.

    Often they are in communications together...

    This is your proof of ‘bots’?

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    in the past there was this one minion manser necro who did the same thing all over again from spawn to cap camp etc., he does it 24 7 it was so funny. and it's more funny when you see him kill people. but i think he's a bot. he does the same thing all day without change on the dot on time per pve event south west camp. i'm sure some ppl in nsp remember this dude. just can't recall which server he was.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • There are a few suspicious instances my guild has noted recently where players sure as heck look like bots. lol. But that isn't the same thing. I know quite a few PVE folks who only rotate around flipping the same camps while chatting in voice. Can't say I've ever noticed anything that seemed wooden, robotic and obviously a troll. Other than Monkey of course. But he is very very real.

    Guild leader for Goats of Thunder. No pants allowed.

  • @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @jgeezz.7832 said:

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    Fun fact you have on EBG bot -commanders which are created by Arena.NET^^

    Really what is the bots name. I know people are saying you are crazy Nooby everyone knows him he even makes mistakes, which is why i say there are bots. Also when in WVW and have you ever seen a line of players block a spawn all move at the exact same time, I really mean that i have come out of spawn to fight them roamers blocking a spawn and moved forward and watch the whole line back up.

    You DO know why they back up right?

    It’s to prevent your easy return to the invulnerable area as they kick your butt.

    Often they are in communications together...

    This is your proof of ‘bots’?

    As I understand it, he is suggesting that they all backup in unison. Several accounts moving in perfect synchronicity. This could be a sign of someone mutliboxing but having the accounts linked so controlling one controls all which is against the ToS. In fact, multiboxing in WvW is against the ToS even if the are controlling each separately.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    in the past there was this one minion manser necro who did the same thing all over again from spawn to cap camp etc., he does it 24 7 it was so funny. and it's more funny when you see him kill people. but i think he's a bot. he does the same thing all day without change on the dot on time per pve event south west camp. i'm sure some ppl in nsp remember this dude. just can't recall which server he was.

    That sounds like a possible bot. This I could buy into.

    The OP? Nope.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2019

    Maybe this should be a poll, but then, who's to say the bots won't vote on it?

    Don't trust anyone!
    << >>

    Qualifier: Some of my best friends are bots. Or ARE they? Eek!

    Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Svarty.8019 said:
    Maybe this should be a poll, but then, who's to say the bots won't vote on it?

    Don't trust anyone!
    << >>

    Qualifier: Some of my best friends are bots. Or ARE they? Eek!

    poll question - Are you a bot??

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • @jgeezz.7832 said:

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    Fun fact you have on EBG bot -commanders which are created by Arena.NET^^

    Really what is the bots name. I know people are saying you are crazy Nooby everyone knows him he even makes mistakes, which is why i say there are bots. Also when in WVW and have you ever seen a line of players block a spawn all move at the exact same time, I really mean that i have come out of spawn to fight them roamers blocking a spawn and moved forward and watch the whole line back up.

    They back up because when you get to close to an enemy spawn it pushes/ports you back. So if they are spawn camping or chasing you back into spawn, this is why. Go to a BL and try and run into the enemy spawn and you will see it happen. You can also abuse it to cover exits fast on the BL from SWC, just run up to the waterfall, and get on the little rock to the right and jump and turn into the water fall, it will push you back but it ends up porting you to the exit of the main SW enemy spawn. You kill someone at SWC and you know they are not coming back, so wait a little bit, for them to WP and exit out the main spawn exit, then jump into the waterfall and poof, you just ported to their exit BEHIND them, so they never see you coming as you are coming from their spawn direction.

    "When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

  • Slick.7164Slick.7164 Member ✭✭✭

    Yes and its Gov Terminator He gonna get you

  • Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2019

    Its actually been shown from other games that devs will allow bots if the population looks to be falling, because stopping automated cheating is less important than new players not staying with the game because everything looks dead.

    Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay (formerly Jade Quarry) | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Terakura/Spellbreaker | ♀♥♀

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2019

    I suspect I came across one who is in the DH/CD linking. Core mes. Farmed them over and over and when they came to SC, they would follow the exact same path and stop at the exact same spot every time. I wont give out the guild tag of them. When they fought, it reminded me of fighting a bot in PvP...some actions didn't make sense and them fighting seemed oddly.....random with somewhat frequent pauses in movement you wouldn't see even from someone new in WvW

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Can you tell if there's bots in wvw if they play Thief Profession?

  • KeyOrion.9506KeyOrion.9506 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2019

    Actually if anet wasn't so "farbot" sometimes they could easily find a bot all the way from Spawn of any map. If the character in question is a bot. A Combat bot will always be searching for a Target. Which means T to Target will always be the first choice and repeatedly spammed by the bot in order to find any viable enemy in it's field of vision. Once Targeted, close distance, it would change from T to Target to maybe a certain series of combat maneuvers. Since these maneuvers would allow the computer program to react faster than human reactions.....it would almost seem like series pattern would always occur and in sequence over and over and over again. Anet just has to pick up the series....or check the logs of characters that spammed certain actions. Like T to Target all the way from spawn to whatever location the bot was programmed to run to...most likely...camps and sentries.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Burnfall.9573 said:
    Can you tell if there's bots in wvw if they play Thief Profession?

    Yes, if they fail to instantly backstab you to death they are most likely bots. 100% confirmation if you kill them.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • KeyOrion.9506KeyOrion.9506 Member ✭✭✭

    :) A combat bot from GW1 JQ and FA arena's will work on the same premises in GW2. Run to location. Attack NPC. How do think those bots in GW1...always reacted to finding a target and attacking it until death? Those bots were being run by Faction Farmers for the major guilds that held outpost's. Those bots were also being ran by Title Hunters. And those bots truly did exist. I have no doubt there is such a function of bots in GW2. What works for the goose, will work for the gander. What worked in GW1 will work in GW2...which means your going to have to finding a driving product of what sticks out for you know conclusively what your fighting is a bot. Did you know that you could fool a bot into continuous attacks at one location. The bots in Jade Quarry arena in Factions gw1...when they ported into the map near stair location...basically got STUCK on the stair location if you just stood there to meet them. They never attempted to bypass you, get behind you, maneuver, or go down the stairs. They literally stayed on the top of the stairs attacking the nearest target. Which happened to be you. And that's how we started to finally beat the bots. We just sent players at the stairs and held the stairs, and the bots would just get wiped each and every time while we ticked off the score. Of course Anet finally wised up and booted them. Took them three kitten years....however there are bots that farm the jade sea still in one location, and Anet hasn't done anything to Dhuum those accounts yet. Mostly because nobody complains about the bots there no more. Now as for GW2....I havn't seen anything conclusively unless you count an entire guild that T to Targets you...and literally chases you from one side of the kitten map....for a full three minutes to the OTHER side of the map. Without breaking off. Now that....I would call botting. 20-25 guild members chasing 1 player....from point A to point B over a period between 3 to 15 minutes....yah...i'm going to say something very very wrong is happening.