Twisted Castle after removing fall damage reduction. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Twisted Castle after removing fall damage reduction.

Upcoming balance patch includes removing fall damage reduction from traits. I'm curious now — how do we pass through Twisted Castle? One mesmer always jumps down to create a portal. As we know, it's impossible to survive it without damage reduction.

I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

Comments

  • @Antycypator.9874 said:
    Upcoming balance patch includes removing fall damage reduction from traits. I'm curious now — how do we pass through Twisted Castle? One mesmer always jumps down to create a portal. As we know, it's impossible to survive it without damage reduction.

    It is possible to to survive (as far as Kitty knows), just gotta be close to full health before dropping.

    It's Kitty. The young lady who streams and records videos playing various (non-)metabuilds. Raid/fractal videos at youtube.com/LadyKitty, Kittymarks test results at youtube.com/Kittymarks and tinyurl.com/Kittymarks and streams at twitch.tv/ladykittygw2 .

  • Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

    @LadyKitty.6120 said:

    @Antycypator.9874 said:
    Upcoming balance patch includes removing fall damage reduction from traits. I'm curious now — how do we pass through Twisted Castle? One mesmer always jumps down to create a portal. As we know, it's impossible to survive it without damage reduction.

    It is possible to to survive (as far as Kitty knows), just gotta be close to full health before dropping.

    As Kitty says, anyone can make the drop as long as they hit the middle of the arch. I've seen people survive from 93% health, but they go to pretty much 1% after dropping.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Either dodge down, or better yet, jump-dodge down. Either approach works.

  • Dodge down

  • Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm not sure why you guys are saying dodge down - I just tried jumping off the same point (jump, dodge jump, run off and dodge off) and there was no difference in dmg between dodging and not dodging. You also have to land on a specific point on the arch, it is not possible to just dodge down, you'd miss it and die.

  • ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lottie.5370 said:
    I'm not sure why you guys are saying dodge down - I just tried jumping off the same point (jump, dodge jump, run off and dodge off) and there was no difference in dmg between dodging and not dodging. You also have to land on a specific point on the arch, it is not possible to just dodge down, you'd miss it and die.

    Dodge is for the speed boost so you can reach the high point of the arch. Superspeed should have the same effect, not sure if normal swiftness is adequate.

  • Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

    @ArthurDent.9538 said:

    @Lottie.5370 said:
    I'm not sure why you guys are saying dodge down - I just tried jumping off the same point (jump, dodge jump, run off and dodge off) and there was no difference in dmg between dodging and not dodging. You also have to land on a specific point on the arch, it is not possible to just dodge down, you'd miss it and die.

    Dodge is for the speed boost so you can reach the high point of the arch. Superspeed should have the same effect, not sure if normal swiftness is adequate.

    Aaaah! Normal swiftness is adequate!

  • sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Or you know.. you can just do it normal way. But like others said alreasy, you can still skip.

    I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

  • I think you get slowed if you have many stacks right ? If you dodge your first few frames will be regular speed and you make it more easy.

  • Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    Or you know.. you can just do it normal way. But like others said alreasy, you can still skip.

    Normal way ? Im not sure what you're talking about :p

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

  • BRNBRITO.9624BRNBRITO.9624 Member ✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

    Fall damage reduction isn't even needed, just makes it safer to jump if people are low but you can just use heal skill or ask someone to top you off.

    Tbh chronos doing every single mechanic/skip makes people extremely lazy and not really learn anything even after 500 runs.