Mesmer fractal/dungeon/raid gear advice please — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

Mesmer fractal/dungeon/raid gear advice please

Hi I am a returning player. Main Mesmer. So I was checking the meta and it asks for Yassith's gear. But that is kinda expensive and time consuming if you want to craft it. Any other good way of getting ascended viper gear for my mesmer?

Comments

  • Brycar.2651Brycar.2651 Member ✭✭✭

    You could farm the verdant brink meta to earn bladed armor boxes then select viper stats.

  • But that is not ascended gear right? Is it exotic?

  • Zohane.7208Zohane.7208 Member ✭✭✭

    @DrNixilis.1784 said:
    But that is not ascended gear right? Is it exotic?

    It is exotic indeed, but that keeps you going for a fair bit. You can easily do dungeons and first tier fractals on that.
    Over time you earn some money to start getting ascended items. Start with the trinkets; they give you a huge amount of infusion slots so you can get quite a decent agony resistance from that alone so you can get in to tier 2 fractals and even a good way into tier 3. Then add weapons and finally armor.
    Also if you have LS3, you farm those maps for the local currencies and use that to get the trinkets virtually for free.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2019

    @DrNixilis.1784 said:
    Hi I am a returning player. Main Mesmer. So I was checking the meta and it asks for Yassith's gear.

    Don't go Viper's for Mesmer. It is a weak combo IMO.

    You'll be better off with this (as shown in WoodenPotatoes's video below): http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?Pi1AEx3lVUx2abd1Nm8WZnO0WatdA-zRZYBR9IGMcYlTURQbhQfFQhJQEBaFBlaXkw4vlIOjA-e

    You can adjust the build for fractals or raids. I'm not a fan of Condi Mirage and always stick to Power Chrono instead.

  • Ashantara. In this case if I go Chrono I would be using the Zojja's gear and weapons right?

  • Yes, for Power Chrono you want Berserker Stats (Zojja), Runes of the Scholar, Sword/Sword and Sword/Focus (or Sword/Pistol). Dueling (1-3-1), Illusion (1-3-1) and Chrono(2-3-3) should be ok for a starter build. If you want to do high level Fractals/ Raids you may have to look for a more specialized build, the gear however, should be the same for most dps builds.

  • Afraid there is no cheap way to ascended. You can use marks and badges of honor from WvW to ease the price a bit, and there's a lot of achievements/collections that give some ascended gear, but mostly you'll just have to craft everything. You can get the ascended rings/trinkets from the living world maps pretty easily, too.

    As for the type of gear... that depends on the role you're fulfilling. The mesmer tops out among the classes with the most viable types of gear.

    For Condi DPS (raids), go with Viper.
    For Power DPS (Fractals, Dungeons, Raids), go with Berserker
    For Support (Dungeons, Raids, sometimes Fractals), go with Diviner
    For Tank (Raids), go with Minstrel.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • Brycar.2651Brycar.2651 Member ✭✭✭

    @DrNixilis.1784 said:
    But that is not ascended gear right? Is it exotic?

    Oh right. Sorry

  • Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Is this still the case tho with only option to get vipers is hot zones? I remember there was some patch where they made it easier to select stats on equipments of any content with stats available that you own the expacs from (so basically if you have pof you have access to all stats in game with exceptions of some items).

  • Are mesmer especially power chrono viable for fractals or will you have problems finding a group?

  • Noodle Ant.1605Noodle Ant.1605 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2020

    @Temeraire XIII.9816 said:
    Are mesmer especially power chrono viable for fractals or will you have problems finding a group?

    With low to non-existent slow uptime in fractals, pChrono is as viable as power reaper, whatever that means to you.

    When pugging generic T4 fracs (no CMs), no profession really has problems finding groups. In fact, as a self sufficient spec similar to power reaper, pChrono is one of the better dps specs to bring because you can't guarantee who/what else you're going run with. Just make sure you run the focus illu version for both the pulls and boon generation on self, for some reason I keep seeing pChronos in fracs using domi GS - it's like playing a neutered version of power reaper (similar dps, but GS pChrono can't generate its own boons to reach it; unless you really like the laser beams/zerker army, you should play another spec).

    On the contrary, if you do plan to run pChrono in groups with higher expectations, it's best to learn when and where to pull and do skips, as dps isn't exactly your forte - decent players using >30k dps specs should outdps you. Your burst isn't the best either, if the fights/phases turn out to be very short. Hence it falls to your ability to find alternative ways to speed up the run, otherwise playing another dps spec would be more worthwhile.

    Currently meme’ing on core mesmer for PvE content.

  • @Noodle Ant.1605 said:
    With low to non-existent slow uptime in fractals, pChrono is as viable as power reaper, whatever that means to you.

    When pugging generic T4 fracs (no CMs), no profession really has problems finding groups. In fact, as a self sufficient spec similar to power reaper, pChrono is one of the better dps specs to bring because you can't guarantee who/what else you're going run with. Just make sure you run the focus illu version for both the pulls and boon generation on self, for some reason I keep seeing pChronos in fracs using domi GS - it's like playing a neutered version of power reaper (similar dps, but GS pChrono can't generate its own boons to reach it; unless you really like the laser beams/zerker army, you should play another spec).

    On the contrary, if you do plan to run pChrono in groups with higher expectations, it's best to learn when and where to pull and do skips, as dps isn't exactly your forte - decent players using >30k dps specs should outdps you. Your burst isn't the best either, if the fights/phases turn out to be very short. Hence it falls to your ability to find alternative ways to speed up the run, otherwise playing another dps spec would be more worthwhile.

    Thank you four your answer. I already tried fractals with a sword power weaver and was not able to do a full rotation, because I was to squishy and couldn't attack from distance due to missing weapon swap. And I'm looking for a class which is fun for me and I can put in some time not only in fractals but also in the rest of PvE content. And I really like Mesmer and concept though (more than Ele). In the past I didn't stick to one character and now when I'm going to put more time and money into (ascended, legendary) gear, etc., I want to have one character which I will do most of the content.
    It is a bit of bummer, you can't play your favourite class anywhere and not to being afraid of getting kicked or something like this.

  • Selminus.1490Selminus.1490 Member ✭✭
    edited January 8, 2020

    @DrNixilis.1784 said:
    Hi I am a returning player. Main Mesmer. So I was checking the meta and it asks for Yassith's gear. But that is kinda expensive and time consuming if you want to craft it. Any other good way of getting ascended viper gear for my mesmer?

    Don't look to the forums. Go to Metabattle or Snow Crows. Snow crows will have proper raid builds as well as gear acquisition advice and Metabattle will be more user friendly plus seperate the builds etc. by environment beyond raid. After you copy their builds, tweak them to fit your own uses ;)