Mesmer fractal/dungeon/raid gear advice please — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Mesmer fractal/dungeon/raid gear advice please

Hi I am a returning player. Main Mesmer. So I was checking the meta and it asks for Yassith's gear. But that is kinda expensive and time consuming if you want to craft it. Any other good way of getting ascended viper gear for my mesmer?

Comments

• Brycar.2651Brycar.2651 Member ✭✭✭

You could farm the verdant brink meta to earn bladed armor boxes then select viper stats.

• But that is not ascended gear right? Is it exotic?

• Zohane.7208Zohane.7208 Member ✭✭✭

@DrNixilis.1784 said:
    But that is not ascended gear right? Is it exotic?

It is exotic indeed, but that keeps you going for a fair bit. You can easily do dungeons and first tier fractals on that.
    Over time you earn some money to start getting ascended items. Start with the trinkets; they give you a huge amount of infusion slots so you can get quite a decent agony resistance from that alone so you can get in to tier 2 fractals and even a good way into tier 3. Then add weapons and finally armor.
    Also if you have LS3, you farm those maps for the local currencies and use that to get the trinkets virtually for free.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2019

@DrNixilis.1784 said:
    Hi I am a returning player. Main Mesmer. So I was checking the meta and it asks for Yassith's gear.

Don't go Viper's for Mesmer. It is a weak combo IMO.

You'll be better off with this (as shown in WoodenPotatoes's video below): http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?Pi1AEx3lVUx2abd1Nm8WZnO0WatdA-zRZYBR9IGMcYlTURQbhQfFQhJQEBaFBlaXkw4vlIOjA-e

You can adjust the build for fractals or raids. I'm not a fan of Condi Mirage and always stick to Power Chrono instead.

• Ashantara. In this case if I go Chrono I would be using the Zojja's gear and weapons right?

• Yes, for Power Chrono you want Berserker Stats (Zojja), Runes of the Scholar, Sword/Sword and Sword/Focus (or Sword/Pistol). Dueling (1-3-1), Illusion (1-3-1) and Chrono(2-3-3) should be ok for a starter build. If you want to do high level Fractals/ Raids you may have to look for a more specialized build, the gear however, should be the same for most dps builds.

• Afraid there is no cheap way to ascended. You can use marks and badges of honor from WvW to ease the price a bit, and there's a lot of achievements/collections that give some ascended gear, but mostly you'll just have to craft everything. You can get the ascended rings/trinkets from the living world maps pretty easily, too.

As for the type of gear... that depends on the role you're fulfilling. The mesmer tops out among the classes with the most viable types of gear.

For Condi DPS (raids), go with Viper.
    For Power DPS (Fractals, Dungeons, Raids), go with Berserker
    For Support (Dungeons, Raids, sometimes Fractals), go with Diviner
    For Tank (Raids), go with Minstrel.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• Brycar.2651Brycar.2651 Member ✭✭✭

@DrNixilis.1784 said:
    But that is not ascended gear right? Is it exotic?

Oh right. Sorry

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is this still the case tho with only option to get vipers is hot zones? I remember there was some patch where they made it easier to select stats on equipments of any content with stats available that you own the expacs from (so basically if you have pof you have access to all stats in game with exceptions of some items).