[Vid] Who is arenanet trying to attract with mechanics like this? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Vid] Who is arenanet trying to attract with mechanics like this?

RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭✭

Let me preface this by saying yes, i understand it's a meme build. It's easy to kill when you have invuln for the initial burst. Just Dodge. Only bad players die against power mes. Bring a reveal. Watch the minimap. etc.

GW2 pvp player population is at an all time low, imagine someone starting out in pvp running into this. Why on earth would they come back?

<134

Comments

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭

@RisenHowl.2419 said:
    Let me preface this by saying yes, i understand it's a meme build. It's easy to kill when you have invuln for the initial burst. Just Dodge. Only bad players die against power mes. Bring a reveal. Watch the minimap. etc.

GW2 pvp player population is at an all time low, imagine someone starting out in pvp running into this. Why on earth would they come back?

what makes you think that starting player will face players that can pull this off?
    you ran into 5man premade, they could play kitten like 5x holo and steamroll you harder, exept you wouldnt even be able to fight back becouse the 1-2 skills you would somehow manage to land would deal 15% of their hp instead of 40%.
    you kept running out of spawn into 3 of them repeatedly instead of leaving with team what did you expect?
    TBH if you played it properly you could actually win the game.
    Ah not to mention they propably were communicating unlike your team. Sometimes its better to coordinate instead of complaining yes?

• bluri.2653bluri.2653 Member ✭✭✭

You play unranked vs 5 man premade on voice, as someone mentioned they'd do exactly the same thing with whatever class they wanted lmao

www.twitch.tv/sindrener - Rank 55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

what makes you think that starting player will face players that can pull this off?
    you ran into 5man premade, they could play kitten like 5x holo and steamroll you harder, exept you wouldnt even be able to fight back becouse the 1-2 skills you would somehow manage to land would deal 15% of their hp instead of 40%.
    you kept running out of spawn into 3 of them repeatedly instead of leaving with team what did you expect?
    Ah not to mention they propably were communicating unlike your team. Sometimes its better to coordinate instead of complaining yes?

They weren't talking about any of that; they were specifically talking about the burst they could do nothing about once it was in motion. Which they have a point, how is that type of attack (and player behavior) going to entice people into the game mode? Last time I checked.. PvP wasn't doing too good, perhaps a large portion of the blame can be placed squarely on the players that run those types of builds.

if new player, faces other new player on this build he will whoop his kitten.
    its actually one of the builds that you have to put some thought process into playing, when i was new getting bursted down wasnt a thing that discouraged me.
    fighting scrapper that took 0 damage, that legit generated perma 50% barrier while fighting against me did, it was the warriors that were hitting me for 10k while remaining untouchable, soulbeasts that pewpew for 10k from range while being tanky, firebrands that vomit aoe on nodes and YOU have to leave becouse its theirs now.

@BadMed.3846 said:
    I new player can easily practice and be reasonably good at pulling similar bursts with a meme build. Some MMO knowledge and Google is all you need. Such builds should not exist at all.

A new player can easily practice to be reasonable good at preventing getting 1shots, MMO knowlege and google exist, there is a player that took time and effort to learn against player that didnt take time or even try. Player that took time and effort should win.

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

+1

-Anet are doing absolutely nothing to de escalate, detoxify unhealthy gaming experience or preventing toxic environment to go rampant-

[Vid] Who is arenanet trying to attract with mechanics like this?

They are attracting and promoting Toxic unhealthy gaming experiences

--giving reasons for potential players stay away from the game and giving more reasons for players to leave the game at its Toxic acceptable state-

--giving more reasons for the game to not be taken seriously in resulting in giving the game a bad name--

--giving Toxicity to be the game culture--

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

They weren't talking about any of that; they were specifically talking about the burst they could do nothing about once it was in motion. Which they have a point, how is that type of attack (and player behavior) going to entice people into the game mode? Last time I checked.. PvP wasn't doing too good, perhaps a large portion of the blame can be placed squarely on the players that run those types of builds.

'Give them an inch and they give you a mile'

'What you allow is what will continue'

'What you allow is what you enforce'

'What you allow is what you encourage'

Anet is to be solely blamed for this; not the players

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yep. Thats why i stopped playing PvP.

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:
    I new player can easily practice and be reasonably good at pulling similar bursts with a meme build. Some MMO knowledge and Google is all you need. Such builds should not exist at all.

A new player can easily practice to be reasonable good at preventing getting 1shots, MMO knowlege and google exist, there is a player that took time and effort to learn against player that didnt take time or even try. Player that took time and effort should win.

An average new player doesn't go around googling. The ones wanting to abuse bad builds, do it more often. Irrespective of that, there's no place for such builds in game.

edited December 1, 2019

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

An average new player doesn't go around googling. The ones wanting to abuse bad builds, do it more often. Irrespective of that, there's no place for such builds in game.

then an average player is at fault, if you lose and dont bother figuring out how then you dont belong in PvP anyway, go play something else.
    and to say that things like this push people away is silly, plenty of BIG games have mechanics like this.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

then an average player is at fault, if you lose and dont bother figuring out how then you dont belong in PvP anyway, go play something else.
    and to say that things like this push people away is silly, plenty of BIG games have mechanics like this.

This is not Call of Duty and we'd rather not make it one either. Average player is not at fault. They're trying to learn and such builds discourage them. Maybe you should do some ranked PvP and you'll understand.
    Doing minimum games at least to stay somewhere on the leaderboard helps. Even if it is bronze.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭

I'd rather blame the population

If you were all beginners even if they're running the same build they would prolly mess up their combo and not 1 shot you

Recently I learned FA weaver that has a similar burst, it took me a while to burst ppl properly

Sometimes I want to meme around and go to unranked and then I see zyn (constant top 5) and his premade with 2 other plat 2 players and 2 plat 1

I know I lost the game from second 1 and they kill me almost as quickly as you died in this video, but guess what, it's not their fault the game population is so low and they're not matched against another 5 man

@Khalisto.5780 said:

If you were all beginners even if they're running the same build they would prolly mess up their combo and not 1 shot you

Recently I learned FA weaver that has a similar burst, it took me a while to burst ppl properly

Sometimes I want to meme around and go to unranked and then I see zyn (constant top 5) and his premade with 2 other plat 2 players and 2 plat 1

I know I lost the game from second 1 and they kill me almost as quickly as you died in this video, but guess what, it's not their fault the game population is so low and they're not matched against another 5 man

if you 5man unranked to stomp new players, then you are kitten.
    we can pretent all we want that its builds that do it but the best players can play on garbo builds and do this stuff.
    In bigger games their hands would get slapped by others, here is not big enough population.

in NVO online there were kitten that used to do it too, we did "purging runs" where we 5man griefers and bug abusers, some of them got bullied so hard they quit the game alltogether.
    TIp for you, if they do this kitten just go afk, in the end they waste their time and you can alttab and do something else in the meantime.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

if you 5man unranked to stomp new players, then you are kitten.
    we can pretent all we want that its builds that do it but the best players can play on garbo builds and do this stuff.
    In bigger games their hands would get slapped by others, here is not big enough population.

in NVO online there were kitten that used to do it too, we did "purging runs" where we 5man griefers and bug abusers, some of them got bullied so hard they quit the game alltogether.
    TIp for you, if they do this kitten just go afk, in the end they waste their time and you can alttab and do something else in the meantime.

hhm

I play dota, if you get a team with an average 4k mmr it's almost impossible to play against a team lower than that, cuz game has huge population, unless you're really high rank the matches will be balance

so I still think it's a population issue

It's not like they're on their silver alt accounts to stomp noobs, they playing on their main accounts, I bet they want a good match as much as I do

@ugrakarma.9416 said:
    simple: never a decent game allow 1 shot class.

define decent?
    every shooter is a 1shot, there is LoL one of the biggest games?

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

Personally im in the middle in this topic i don't like the idea of bursts like that that take you from 100%-0% while stealthed and stunning and ccing them down to 0.

Any time you can't react to something, i think its bad and toxic.

People praise warriors that you can see their attacks and the effects and avoid it, that to me is good design. You can see double pistol thief's gun attacks by adding reflect.

This one you cannot.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

Gonna throw this out there bucko, The one game I've ever seen this in was WoW. Rogues were just animals and were impossible to catch and paladins/priests were just horrendously hard to kill. What did blizz do? They nerfed the ever loving kitten out of them, almost into oblivion and have kept them under their thumb for the better part of like four or so years. They can still do their job but it requires way more effort now than it ever did prior, Especially with counters like Demon hunter and other classes who basically will be able to clap them now.

The issue is there is no counter, no chance to counter this as any and all reveal is situational and you don't want to waste it. Maybe YOU don't belong in PvP because you don't desire a fair and honestly more rewarding fight. Maybe go back to the hole you crawled out of and stop giving all PvPers a bad name? I pvp in every game I play and I love RvR to boot (Warhammer online was my kitten) and Id never once condone this trash gameplay. One shot builds? Instant death from stealth? Condi-thieves running a muck and perma-stun locking in WvW? Oh and don't even get me started on the hacks, which are beginning to run rampant and no one has the stomach to do a dang thing about it.

No this should not exist, it should not be allowed but its here because A-net sees no reason to fix it. And people like you are the problem~

no counter and no chance to counter? go watch shadowsomething videos, of him constantly losing games and blaming his team for it.
    if you are unwilling to think outside of the box or coordinate with your team then dont play team game.
    Oh and priest/paladin thing, let me guess, they have must have mechanics thast keep them in the meta as a must have?
    you could make FB deals 0 damage with every ability and he would still be picked as a support in pve, everything has a role and works towards a goal, as long as the nerfs still lets you do your role, then its fine, ANET will come, see burst dmg. nerf the dmg, now power mesmer is garbage, just look at the combo.
    its 5-7 abilities in quick succesion. other classes hit that hard with 3. How do you fix it? you dont and you have no clue how. you will come here complain that it shouldnt be here and peace out. useless whining is the worst thing one can do on the forum, gj you are usefull and productive.

• viquing.8254viquing.8254 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

Once upon a time thougness on amulet existed to face this problem : you can't get one shoted by zerk if you wear more tanky amulet.

Now this vids is fun but versus every other brust class : rev, ranger, thief, holo, fa, gard, etc, the result would be the same in this case : you are a necro, you haven't good positionning + I have doubts about your build and gear = you will get farmed every game by burst specs.
    Like : " hey I go nude dancing in a wolf cage, didn't understand why I got eaten.".

Now you can't come in random builds with random gear facing meta build and cry about opness, I can do the same If I play chrono zerk and post vids versus evryone killing me in seconds if you want.
    Me too can play as a pillard and get owned by every class I want to cry about.

The main issue in this game is that everyone and his grand-mother want to play everyclass with zerk gear to see cool high number even if it's not viable or if they haven't the right reaction time to use it.

@bravan.3876 : who is seriously playing inspiration since 2 years ?

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

Gonna throw this out there bucko, The one game I've ever seen this in was WoW. Rogues were just animals and were impossible to catch and paladins/priests were just horrendously hard to kill. What did blizz do? They nerfed the ever loving kitten out of them, almost into oblivion and have kept them under their thumb for the better part of like four or so years. They can still do their job but it requires way more effort now than it ever did prior, Especially with counters like Demon hunter and other classes who basically will be able to clap them now.

The issue is there is no counter, no chance to counter this as any and all reveal is situational and you don't want to waste it. Maybe YOU don't belong in PvP because you don't desire a fair and honestly more rewarding fight. Maybe go back to the hole you crawled out of and stop giving all PvPers a bad name? I pvp in every game I play and I love RvR to boot (Warhammer online was my kitten) and Id never once condone this trash gameplay. One shot builds? Instant death from stealth? Condi-thieves running a muck and perma-stun locking in WvW? Oh and don't even get me started on the hacks, which are beginning to run rampant and no one has the stomach to do a dang thing about it.

No this should not exist, it should not be allowed but its here because A-net sees no reason to fix it. And people like you are the problem~

no counter and no chance to counter? go watch shadowsomething videos, of him constantly losing games and blaming his team for it.
    if you are unwilling to think outside of the box or coordinate with your team then dont play team game.
    Oh and priest/paladin thing, let me guess, they have must have mechanics thast keep them in the meta as a must have?
    you could make FB deals 0 damage with every ability and he would still be picked as a support in pve, everything has a role and works towards a goal, as long as the nerfs still lets you do your role, then its fine, ANET will come, see burst dmg. nerf the dmg, now power mesmer is garbage, just look at the combo.
    its 5-7 abilities in quick succesion. other classes hit that hard with 3. How do you fix it? you dont and you have no clue how. you will come here complain that it shouldnt be here and peace out. useless whining is the worst thing one can do on the forum, gj you are usefull and productive.

Constantly losing games?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/88768/eu-ranked-pvp-on-core-mantra-mesmer/p1?new=1

I literally climbed from a self-imposed 1499 rating to 1675 (rank 62) in a week (raw footage for every single game uploaded). You're either blind or have no idea what you're talking about if you honestly think I was "constantly" losing games. I had a 61% win ratio SOLO que on EU on the same core glass cannon mesmer build with 6x my normal ping. Then lost a whole bunch of games during wintrade weekend right before season ended.

Even the games I lost were fairly close and usually a result of my teammates AFKing/raging at the start of the match OR they got farmed/kept rallying the enemy team even though I consistently farmed the enemy teams every match. So you can go whine about how mesmer is weak somewhere else, Hard-Stuck Gold Player.

I can blame my teammates when I go 28-1 and we still lose by 20 points even though nearly 150 came from the kills I got.

cute personal attack.
    gj you peaked at 1675 with this overpowered no counterplay noob carry machine

@bravan.3876 said:

@viquing.8254 said:

That doesn't matter when talking about the design of that traitline and how much skill ceiling it includes. That something doesn't or do get used never is any prove of it being or not being op, lame, easy or unhealthy mechanic (why ppl don't get that?).
    Player carry and team carry/conquest usefulness are two different things, they can correlate (like we have enough builds carry the player and are useful in conquest, most metabuilds are like that atm) but it doesn't need to correlate. That Countless NA guy inspiration signet invuln spam build is the best example. It doesn't shine in any role in conquest (can't rly hold caps in duels due to invuln frames, not enough dmg for a roaming or teamfight build, no teamsupport abilities etc), it has nearly zero impact on a match, all this build does well is holding bad players alive longer than they should stay alive. Good WvW and Duelbuild for low skilled ppl want easy wins in duels/ outnumbereds in gamemodes without the need to care for points and specific roles in conquest which need to be filled and no need to care for teamsynergy based on pointcapture mode. Maybe in Stronghold it could work.

What's the purpose of inspiration then.

• shadowpass.4236shadowpass.4236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

@Leonidrex.5649 said:
    cute personal attack.

LOOOOL

And the truth comes out.

Here are some quotes from you in this thread:

1. "we can pretent all we want that its builds that do it but the best players can play on garbo builds and do this stuff."
    2. "A new player can easily practice to be reasonable good at preventing getting 1shots, MMO knowlege and google exist, there is a player that took time and effort to learn against player that didnt take time or even try. Player that took time and effort should win."
    3. "its actually one of the builds that you have to put some thought process into playing"

But now according to you, Mr. Hypocrite, this "garbo build that actually requires some thought process to play that new players can easily practice to avoid" is a... wait for it...

"overpowered no counterplay noob carry machine."

I can't wait to see you try to backpedal your way out of this one. :joy:

• every class either has a build like this or close enough.
    its the ez high might stacks, stacking damage mods that are meant for pve, broken and forgotten coefficients, etc. all of this has been said before a thousand times. it really comes down to how damage is done in this game, that's whats broken. it was designed in a way it seems to me that was only ever meant for pve.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:
    cute personal attack.

LOOOOL

And the truth comes out.

1. "we can pretent all we want that its builds that do it but the best players can play on garbo builds and do this stuff."
    2. "A new player can easily practice to be reasonable good at preventing getting 1shots, MMO knowlege and google exist, there is a player that took time and effort to learn against player that didnt take time or even try. Player that took time and effort should win."
    3. "its actually one of the builds that you have to put some thought process into playing"

But now according to you, Mr. Hypocrite, this "garbo build that actually requires some thought process to play that new players can easily practice to avoid" is a... wait for it...

I think you are incapable of reading sarcasm. I was trying to be as obvious with it as possible, guess im not as good at it as I thought.
    Apology.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:
    cute personal attack.

LOOOOL

And the truth comes out.

I think you are incapable of reading sarcasm. I was trying to be as obvious with it as possible, guess im not as good at it as I thought.
    Apology.

Sarcasm is generally lost over text. Next time use /s at the end of whatever you type. :+1:

oh and btw, i want this kitten gone. I just dont wanna lose everything alongside it.
    anet has been ripping feathers from mesmer for a while now, not much of them left im afraid.

edited December 1, 2019

@Leonidrex.5649 said:
    oh and btw, i want this kitten gone. I just dont wanna lose everything alongside it.
    anet has been ripping feathers from mesmer for a while now, not much of them left im afraid.

Anet has been nerfing mesmer for a while yet it still has the strongest condition builds in ranked/tournaments, core mantras are very strong, and chronobunker is still very tanky. Also, both power and condition mirage can be played very effectively at high ratings.

Mesmer is more than fine.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Anet has been nerfing mesmer for a while yet it still has the strongest condition builds in ranked/tournaments, core mantras are very strong, and chronobunker is still very tanky. Also, both power and condition mirage can be played very effectively at high ratings.

Mesmer is more than fine.

yes condi mirage is the only if not one of the only viable condi builds is the game, kinda scary ye?
    chronobunker is still very tanky -> ? what does it have to do with anything? it can be tanky all it wants, its garbage.

• RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

kitten, i love the people defending them lmfao. I had no problems killing one of them when i got them alone. The problem is when there's 3 of them sharing stealth.

real quick, what class can handle 3 burst mes slamming them? Defense spellbreaker, until endure pain runs out and you pop in 1s? Another mantra mes, that you can stealth with and maybe down one before the other two 1 shot you? Please tell me more about how i should only play unranked with a 5 man premade that's running a perfect comp, that's more reasonable than saying 'holy kitten, this mechanic shouldn't exist'.

'if you played properly you could've beaten them' Yeah, they definitely couldn't just burst the whole team as they come out. You know, exactly like they're doing in the video.

• Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭

This is the result of a few years PvE class design by guys who give a kitten on competitive players.

• bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

@viquing.8254 said:

@bravan.3876 said:

@viquing.8254 said:

That doesn't matter when talking about the design of that traitline and how much skill ceiling it includes. That something doesn't or do get used never is any prove of it being or not being op, lame, easy or unhealthy mechanic (why ppl don't get that?).
    Player carry and team carry/conquest usefulness are two different things, they can correlate (like we have enough builds carry the player and are useful in conquest, most metabuilds are like that atm) but it doesn't need to correlate. That Countless NA guy inspiration signet invuln spam build is the best example. It doesn't shine in any role in conquest (can't rly hold caps in duels due to invuln frames, not enough dmg for a roaming or teamfight build, no teamsupport abilities etc), it has nearly zero impact on a match, all this build does well is holding bad players alive longer than they should stay alive. Good WvW and Duelbuild for low skilled ppl want easy wins in duels/ outnumbereds in gamemodes without the need to care for points and specific roles in conquest which need to be filled and no need to care for teamsynergy based on pointcapture mode. Maybe in Stronghold it could work.

I don't get this question, i just explained it. Also it is a low skill ceiling line just waiting for some meta changes to become relevant again and then provides another low skill ceiling build that will be useful in conquest, like we had during HoT. From HoT release to PoF release no Mesmer meta was running without Inspiration ever and that even after it got nerfed mid HoT. We are not save from that happens again and that for all classes, as long as low skill ceiling traitlines exist. I would rework almost all core defensive traitlines into something less passive and with higher skill ceiling, with more opportunity costs in dmg for the only active defense gets provided by them, also delete all unhealthy mechanics like PU/ Last Stand (what even seems to bug, it provides an immune to cc what is not intended when i read the tooltip, it should work like a stunbreak not like an immune so interrupt traits work and the warrior gets cced for like 0,01 sec but then automatically stunbreaks) not only Mesmers. Otherwise you will always have the problem on all classes, that you nerf one specific build and ppl just switch to the next lame kitten.

"playing revenant is borderline exploiting" - up condimirage 2k18

• Stallic.2397Stallic.2397 Member ✭✭✭

Ooh, 5 spike mesmers vs. 5 Fire Weavers! Now that's a video I wanna see

@Stallic.2397 said:

make it 5 deadeyes, clown fiest ensures!

• SeikeNz.3526SeikeNz.3526 Member ✭✭✭

@Stallic.2397 said:

the weavers will win since they can evade everything

@Swagg.9236 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

You can't beat a team of 5 spike mesmers unless you have the right comp. Moreover, if you have any remotely weak links in the comp match-up vs 5 spike mesmers, it will be as if you're playing 3v5. This means that the onus is entirely on the non-mesmer team to play the "correct" build rather than to just "outplay" the 5 mesmers with positioning, timing and gamesense.

As fragile as spike mesmers can techincally be, they still have stealth, a blink, and built-in, instant invuln baked into their builds. This, combined with mantra's spammability, low attack CDs and the fact that much of their high damage can be used from range, means that they aren't something that you can really juke while in combat. If you want to fight them, you have to somehow survive and burn through their damage negation despite the fact that they can absolutely kill nearly any build within the duration of their damage negation (and often have an out with a teleport or stealth should something bad happen). These sort of mechanics entirely remove the skill factors of non-turn-based combat, turning the match into more of a card game scenario in which hard counters established prior to combat will be the ultimate deciders in who wins. It's pretty degenerate.

oh no, we have kitten comp against their comp. delete mesmer.
    you think this would look any different if they had 5x holo? it propably would since you know, they actually won the match the least he could do is put tanky amulet on.
    if i take condi mes against 3 firebrands I dont go on the forum complaining about it, 2 holos and this match would look very different.
    not one of them took a build that can deal with that, lets play 5 sd thiefs into 5 warriors and then whine thief is bad.

@bravan.3876 said:

@viquing.8254 said:

@bravan.3876 said:

@viquing.8254 said:

I don't get this question, i just explained it. Also it is a low skill ceiling line just waiting for some meta changes to become relevant again and then provides another low skill ceiling build that will be useful in conquest, like we had during HoT. From HoT release to PoF release no Mesmer meta was running without Inspiration ever and that even after it got nerfed mid HoT. We are not save from that happens again and that for all classes, as long as low skill ceiling traitlines exist. I would rework almost all core defensive traitlines into something less passive and with higher skill ceiling, with more opportunity costs in dmg for the only active defense gets provided by them, also delete all unhealthy mechanics like PU/ Last Stand (what even seems to bug, it provides an immune to cc what is not intended when i read the tooltip, it should work like a stunbreak not like an immune so interrupt traits work and the warrior gets cced for like 0,01 sec but then automatically stunbreaks) not only Mesmers. Otherwise you will always have the problem on all classes, that you nerf one specific build and ppl just switch to the next lame kitten.

ok man, chaos and inspiration is unskilled. then what the kitten is mesmer supposed to defend themself with?
    16k HP, low armor, no protection, kitten sustain?
    then all you can do is glass cannon and hope for the best, oh guess what, without stealth combo cant be landed against someone with fingers.

• UNOwen.7132UNOwen.7132 Member ✭✭✭

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

define decent?

Shooters are an entirely different paradigm, while League does not have a lot of builds with this little counterplay (and the ones it does are accepted as huge mistakes and should be reworked at some point).

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

define decent?

Shooters are an entirely different paradigm, while League does not have a lot of builds with this little counterplay (and the ones it does are accepted as huge mistakes and should be reworked at some point).

?? entire game relies on 1shoting people, every single viable midlaner is a 1shot build, meta evolved and thats how it is right now.

edited December 1, 2019

@bravan.3876 said:

@viquing.8254 said:

@bravan.3876 said:

@viquing.8254 said:

What I mean is what did you want concretely as traits in inspiration ?
    And on a side note, it's harder to use inspiration trying to sustain burst build than to survive by putting pressure with another damage traitline.
    Mean condi clear on shatter, distortion on signet seems pretty active imo and I doubt someone play illusionary inspiration or mental defense.
    You know that player always play the easiest way right (low ceiling.) and it will always be the case on every class ?

edited December 1, 2019

pointless
    Deleted

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019

Anybody else notice that one of their guild names was "Can't Spell Mesmer Without [MEME]"?

Play like this is the precise reason why there are were traits like auto-elixir S on most classes, to prevent this kind of degenerate play. But everyone screamed about passives, so here we are.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

@Vagrant.7206 said:
    Anybody else notice that one of their guild names was "Can't Spell Mesmer Without [MEME]"?

Play like this is the precise reason why there are were traits like auto-elixir S on most classes, to prevent this kind of degenerate play. But everyone screamed about passives, so here we are.

ah it was shorts then, preety sure he made that guild on stream with fat pink norn and went around trolling with core

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.