[Vid] Who is arenanet trying to attract with mechanics like this?

RisenHowl.2419

Let me preface this by saying yes, i understand it's a meme build. It's easy to kill when you have invuln for the initial burst. Just Dodge. Only bad players die against power mes. Bring a reveal. Watch the minimap. etc.

GW2 pvp player population is at an all time low, imagine someone starting out in pvp running into this. Why on earth would they come back?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:Let me preface this by saying yes, i understand it's a meme build. It's easy to kill when you have invuln for the initial burst. Just Dodge. Only bad players die against power mes. Bring a reveal. Watch the minimap. etc.

GW2 pvp player population is at an all time low, imagine someone starting out in pvp running into this. Why on earth would they come back?

what makes you think that starting player will face players that can pull this off?you ran into 5man premade, they could play shit like 5x holo and steamroll you harder, exept you wouldnt even be able to fight back becouse the 1-2 skills you would somehow manage to land would deal 15% of their hp instead of 40%.you kept running out of spawn into 3 of them repeatedly instead of leaving with team what did you expect?TBH if you played it properly you could actually win the game.Ah not to mention they propably were communicating unlike your team. Sometimes its better to coordinate instead of complaining yes?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:Let me preface this by saying yes, i understand it's a meme build. It's easy to kill when you have invuln for the initial burst. Just Dodge. Only bad players die against power mes. Bring a reveal. Watch the minimap. etc.

what makes you think that starting player will face players that can pull this off?you ran into 5man premade, they could play kitten like 5x holo and steamroll you harder, exept you wouldnt even be able to fight back becouse the 1-2 skills you would somehow manage to land would deal 15% of their hp instead of 40%.you kept running out of spawn into 3 of them repeatedly instead of leaving with team what did you expect?TBH if you played it properly you could actually win the game.Ah not to mention they propably were communicating unlike your team. Sometimes its better to coordinate instead of complaining yes?

They weren't talking about any of that; they were specifically talking about the burst they could do nothing about once it was in motion. Which they have a point, how is that type of attack (and player behavior) going to entice people into the game mode? Last time I checked.. PvP wasn't doing too good, perhaps a large portion of the blame can be placed squarely on the players that run those types of builds.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

what makes you think that starting player will face players that can pull this off?you ran into 5man premade, they could play kitten like 5x holo and steamroll you harder, exept you wouldnt even be able to fight back becouse the 1-2 skills you would somehow manage to land would deal 15% of their hp instead of 40%.you kept running out of spawn into 3 of them repeatedly instead of leaving with team what did you expect?TBH if you played it properly you could actually win the game.Ah not to mention they propably were communicating unlike your team. Sometimes its better to coordinate instead of complaining yes?

They weren't talking about any of that; they were specifically talking about the burst they could do nothing about once it was in motion. Which they have a point, how is that type of attack (and player behavior) going to entice people into the game mode? Last time I checked.. PvP wasn't doing too good, perhaps a large portion of the blame can be placed squarely on the players that run those types of builds.

if new player, faces other new player on this build he will whoop his ass.its actually one of the builds that you have to put some thought process into playing, when i was new getting bursted down wasnt a thing that discouraged me.fighting scrapper that took 0 damage, that legit generated perma 50% barrier while fighting against me did, it was the warriors that were hitting me for 10k while remaining untouchable, soulbeasts that pewpew for 10k from range while being tanky, firebrands that vomit aoe on nodes and YOU have to leave becouse its theirs now.

@BadMed.3846 said:I new player can easily practice and be reasonably good at pulling similar bursts with a meme build. Some MMO knowledge and Google is all you need. Such builds should not exist at all.

A new player can easily practice to be reasonable good at preventing getting 1shots, MMO knowlege and google exist, there is a player that took time and effort to learn against player that didnt take time or even try. Player that took time and effort should win.

+1

-Anet are doing absolutely nothing to de escalate, detoxify unhealthy gaming experience or preventing toxic environment to go rampant-

[Vid] Who is arenanet trying to attract with mechanics like this?

They are attracting and promoting Toxic unhealthy gaming experiences

--giving reasons for potential players stay away from the game and giving more reasons for players to leave the game at its Toxic acceptable state-

--giving more reasons for the game to not be taken seriously in resulting in giving the game a bad name--

--giving Toxicity to be the game culture--

Amazing how many comments here misses the point. Ofc the result would be the same with 5 premade on other classes but at least there would be some actual pvp going on. Players could at least use some skills, there would be some 'fighting' (pvping). In this case there is zero pvp- only get 100 to 0 in 1 sec from stealth. Its HOW they were destroyed not that this wouldnt happen on other classes.And you really dont have to agree with me. For example a streamer in top 10 also said: 'how is this skillful play. Pressing 3 buttons from stealth and win'?Also funny how some top players here in comments defend this mechanics that clearly make people not pvp and at the same time moan how population in pvp is bad. Funny indeed

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

'Give them an inch and they give you a mile'

'What you allow is what will continue'

'What you allow is what you enforce'

'What you allow is what you encourage'

Anet is to be solely blamed for this; not the players

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:I new player can easily practice and be reasonably good at pulling similar bursts with a meme build. Some MMO knowledge and Google is all you need. Such builds should not exist at all.

A new player can easily practice to be reasonable good at preventing getting 1shots, MMO knowlege and google exist, there is a player that took time and effort to learn against player that didnt take time or even try. Player that took time and effort should win.

An average new player doesn't go around googling. The ones wanting to abuse bad builds, do it more often. Irrespective of that, there's no place for such builds in game.

@BadMed.3846 said:

An average new player doesn't go around googling. The ones wanting to abuse bad builds, do it more often. Irrespective of that, there's no place for such builds in game.

then an average player is at fault, if you lose and dont bother figuring out how then you dont belong in PvP anyway, go play something else.and to say that things like this push people away is silly, plenty of BIG games have mechanics like this.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

then an average player is at fault, if you lose and dont bother figuring out how then you dont belong in PvP anyway, go play something else.and to say that things like this push people away is silly, plenty of BIG games have mechanics like this.

This is not Call of Duty and we'd rather not make it one either. Average player is not at fault. They're trying to learn and such builds discourage them. Maybe you should do some ranked PvP and you'll understand.Doing minimum games at least to stay somewhere on the leaderboard helps. Even if it is bronze.

I'd rather blame the population

If you were all beginners even if they're running the same build they would prolly mess up their combo and not 1 shot you

Recently I learned FA weaver that has a similar burst, it took me a while to burst ppl properly

Sometimes I want to meme around and go to unranked and then I see zyn (constant top 5) and his premade with 2 other plat 2 players and 2 plat 1

I know I lost the game from second 1 and they kill me almost as quickly as you died in this video, but guess what, it's not their fault the game population is so low and they're not matched against another 5 man

@"Khalisto.5780" said:I'd rather blame the population

If you were all beginners even if they're running the same build they would prolly mess up their combo and not 1 shot you

Recently I learned FA weaver that has a similar burst, it took me a while to burst ppl properly

Sometimes I want to meme around and go to unranked and then I see zyn (constant top 5) and his premade with 2 other plat 2 players and 2 plat 1

I know I lost the game from second 1 and they kill me almost as quickly as you died in this video, but guess what, it's not their fault the game population is so low and they're not matched against another 5 man

if you 5man unranked to stomp new players, then you are dick.we can pretent all we want that its builds that do it but the best players can play on garbo builds and do this stuff.In bigger games their hands would get slapped by others, here is not big enough population.

in NVO online there were pricks that used to do it too, we did "purging runs" where we 5man griefers and bug abusers, some of them got bullied so hard they quit the game alltogether.TIp for you, if they do this shit just go afk, in the end they waste their time and you can alttab and do something else in the meantime.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Khalisto.5780" said:I'd rather blame the population

if you 5man unranked to stomp new players, then you are kitten.we can pretent all we want that its builds that do it but the best players can play on garbo builds and do this stuff.In bigger games their hands would get slapped by others, here is not big enough population.

in NVO online there were kitten that used to do it too, we did "purging runs" where we 5man griefers and bug abusers, some of them got bullied so hard they quit the game alltogether.TIp for you, if they do this kitten just go afk, in the end they waste their time and you can alttab and do something else in the meantime.

hhm

I play dota, if you get a team with an average 4k mmr it's almost impossible to play against a team lower than that, cuz game has huge population, unless you're really high rank the matches will be balance

so I still think it's a population issue

It's not like they're on their silver alt accounts to stomp noobs, they playing on their main accounts, I bet they want a good match as much as I do

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Gonna throw this out there bucko, The one game I've ever seen this in was WoW. Rogues were just animals and were impossible to catch and paladins/priests were just horrendously hard to kill. What did blizz do? They nerfed the ever loving shit out of them, almost into oblivion and have kept them under their thumb for the better part of like four or so years. They can still do their job but it requires way more effort now than it ever did prior, Especially with counters like Demon hunter and other classes who basically will be able to clap them now.

The issue is there is no counter, no chance to counter this as any and all reveal is situational and you don't want to waste it. Maybe YOU don't belong in PvP because you don't desire a fair and honestly more rewarding fight. Maybe go back to the hole you crawled out of and stop giving all PvPers a bad name? I pvp in every game I play and I love RvR to boot (Warhammer online was my shit) and Id never once condone this trash gameplay. One shot builds? Instant death from stealth? Condi-thieves running a muck and perma-stun locking in WvW? Oh and don't even get me started on the hacks, which are beginning to run rampant and no one has the stomach to do a dang thing about it.

No this should not exist, it should not be allowed but its here because A-net sees no reason to fix it. And people like you are the problem~

@BadMed.3846 said:

Personally im in the middle in this topic i don't like the idea of bursts like that that take you from 100%-0% while stealthed and stunning and ccing them down to 0.

Any time you can't react to something, i think its bad and toxic.

People praise warriors that you can see their attacks and the effects and avoid it, that to me is good design. You can see double pistol thief's gun attacks by adding reflect.

This one you cannot.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Gonna throw this out there bucko, The one game I've ever seen this in was WoW. Rogues were just animals and were impossible to catch and paladins/priests were just horrendously hard to kill. What did blizz do? They nerfed the ever loving kitten out of them, almost into oblivion and have kept them under their thumb for the better part of like four or so years. They can still do their job but it requires way more effort now than it ever did prior, Especially with counters like Demon hunter and other classes who basically will be able to clap them now.

The issue is there is no counter, no chance to counter this as any and all reveal is situational and you don't want to waste it. Maybe YOU don't belong in PvP because you don't desire a fair and honestly more rewarding fight. Maybe go back to the hole you crawled out of and stop giving all PvPers a bad name? I pvp in every game I play and I love RvR to boot (Warhammer online was my kitten) and Id never once condone this trash gameplay. One shot builds? Instant death from stealth? Condi-thieves running a muck and perma-stun locking in WvW? Oh and don't even get me started on the hacks, which are beginning to run rampant and no one has the stomach to do a dang thing about it.

No this should not exist, it should not be allowed but its here because A-net sees no reason to fix it. And people like you are the problem~

no counter and no chance to counter? go watch shadowsomething videos, of him constantly losing games and blaming his team for it.if you are unwilling to think outside of the box or coordinate with your team then dont play team game.Oh and priest/paladin thing, let me guess, they have must have mechanics thast keep them in the meta as a must have?you could make FB deals 0 damage with every ability and he would still be picked as a support in pve, everything has a role and works towards a goal, as long as the nerfs still lets you do your role, then its fine, ANET will come, see burst dmg. nerf the dmg, now power mesmer is garbage, just look at the combo.its 5-7 abilities in quick succesion. other classes hit that hard with 3. How do you fix it? you dont and you have no clue how. you will come here complain that it shouldnt be here and peace out. useless whining is the worst thing one can do on the forum, gj you are usefull and productive.

Once upon a time thougness on amulet existed to face this problem : you can't get one shoted by zerk if you wear more tanky amulet.

Now this vids is fun but versus every other brust class : rev, ranger, thief, holo, fa, gard, etc, the result would be the same in this case : you are a necro, you haven't good positionning + I have doubts about your build and gear = you will get farmed every game by burst specs.Like : " hey I go nude dancing in a wolf cage, didn't understand why I got eaten.".

Now you can't come in random builds with random gear facing meta build and cry about opness, I can do the same If I play chrono zerk and post vids versus evryone killing me in seconds if you want.Me too can play as a pillard and get owned by every class I want to cry about.

The main issue in this game is that everyone and his grand-mother want to play everyclass with zerk gear to see cool high number even if it's not viable or if they haven't the right reaction time to use it.

@bravan.3876 : who is seriously playing inspiration since 2 years ?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Gonna throw this out there bucko, The one game I've ever seen this in was WoW. Rogues were just animals and were impossible to catch and paladins/priests were just horrendously hard to kill. What did blizz do? They nerfed the ever loving kitten out of them, almost into oblivion and have kept them under their thumb for the better part of like four or so years. They can still do their job but it requires way more effort now than it ever did prior, Especially with counters like Demon hunter and other classes who basically will be able to clap them now.

The issue is there is no counter, no chance to counter this as any and all reveal is situational and you don't want to waste it. Maybe YOU don't belong in PvP because you don't desire a fair and honestly more rewarding fight. Maybe go back to the hole you crawled out of and stop giving all PvPers a bad name? I pvp in every game I play and I love RvR to boot (Warhammer online was my kitten) and Id never once condone this trash gameplay. One shot builds? Instant death from stealth? Condi-thieves running a muck and perma-stun locking in WvW? Oh and don't even get me started on the hacks, which are beginning to run rampant and no one has the stomach to do a dang thing about it.

no counter and no chance to counter? go watch shadowsomething videos, of him constantly losing games and blaming his team for it.if you are unwilling to think outside of the box or coordinate with your team then dont play team game.Oh and priest/paladin thing, let me guess, they have must have mechanics thast keep them in the meta as a must have?you could make FB deals 0 damage with every ability and he would still be picked as a support in pve, everything has a role and works towards a goal, as long as the nerfs still lets you do your role, then its fine, ANET will come, see burst dmg. nerf the dmg, now power mesmer is garbage, just look at the combo.its 5-7 abilities in quick succesion. other classes hit that hard with 3. How do you fix it? you dont and you have no clue how. you will come here complain that it shouldnt be here and peace out. useless whining is the worst thing one can do on the forum, gj you are usefull and productive.

Constantly losing games?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/88768/eu-ranked-pvp-on-core-mantra-mesmer/p1?new=1

I literally climbed from a self-imposed 1499 rating to 1675 (rank 62) in a week (raw footage for every single game uploaded). You're either blind or have no idea what you're talking about if you honestly think I was "constantly" losing games. I had a 61% win ratio SOLO que on EU on the same core glass cannon mesmer build with 6x my normal ping. Then lost a whole bunch of games during wintrade weekend right before season ended.

Even the games I lost were fairly close and usually a result of my teammates AFKing/raging at the start of the match OR they got farmed/kept rallying the enemy team even though I consistently farmed the enemy teams every match. So you can go whine about how mesmer is weak somewhere else, Hard-Stuck.

I can blame my teammates when I go 28-1 and we still lose by 20 points even though nearly 150 came from the kills I got.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Constantly losing games?

I literally climbed from a self-imposed 1499 rating to
(rank 62) in a
week
(raw footage for every single game uploaded). You're either blind or have no idea what you're talking about if you honestly think I was "constantly" losing games. I had a 61% win ratio SOLO que on EU on the same core glass cannon mesmer build with 6x my normal ping. Then lost a whole bunch of games during wintrade weekend right before season ended.

Even the games I lost were fairly close and usually a result of my teammates AFKing/raging at the start of the match OR they got farmed/kept rallying the enemy team even though I consistently farmed the enemy teams every match. So you can go whine about how mesmer is weak somewhere else,

I can blame my teammates when I go
and we still lose by 20 points even though nearly 150 came from the kills I got.

cute personal attack.gj you peaked at 1675 with this overpowered no counterplay noob carry machine