[Vid] Who is arenanet trying to attract with mechanics like this? - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

[Vid] Who is arenanet trying to attract with mechanics like this?

124>

Comments

• ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

@viquing.8254 said:
    There is a reason why WvW blob are full of necro and not mesmers.

Yes and its not for the reasons you listed
    WvW is full of necros because in zerg fights aoe's are king and necro brings tons of aoe while mesmer does not. Mesmer contributes almost nothing to a zerg fight so there is no reason for them to be there.

The issue in pvp is not nearly the same.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dreddo.9865 said:

@viquing.8254 said:

There's also a reason WvW stalkers that troll players are either condi thieves, deadeyes, shatter mirages, condi mirages and not necros or firebrands.

Very true!
    But in zerg fights make the same comparison, different classes have different strengths and weaknesses

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

@viquing.8254 said:
    On a side note versus 5 core PU burst mesmer I will probably give a try to :

1) take 5 condi necro.
    2) take staff.
    3) camp in mark.
    4) as soon as you see a mark trigger, prepare for their burst, insta fear aoe them. Or if they clone to trigger mark -> clone will get feared or die to aoe so you save up to 5kF1.
    5 ) Even if they kill a necro, if they get hit by 2 condi mark, it's over for them.

It will probably be a thing with a proper mark rotation.
    Then make a vid to buff mesmer please.

No need, their team ran into team with 3thiefs and they got clapped hard, shorts switched to thief and they lost anyways :D

• viquing.8254viquing.8254 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019

@Dreddo.9865 said:

@viquing.8254 said:

1) take 5 condi necro.
    2) take staff.
    3) camp in mark.
    4) as soon as you see a mark trigger, prepare for their burst, insta fear aoe them. Or if they clone to trigger mark -> clone will get feared or die to aoe so you save up to 5kF1.
    5 ) Even if they kill a necro, if they get hit by 2 condi mark, it's over for them.

There's also a reason WvW stalkers that troll players are either condi thieves, deadeyes, shatter mirages, condi mirages and not necros or firebrands.

So the solution if reading the op is to go from a 75% GWENR class representation to 100 % ? :p
    Mean give me the same teamfight output as necro and I will be pretty happy.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@viquing.8254 said:

WvW is full of necros because in zerg fights aoe's are king and necro brings tons of aoe while mesmer does not. Mesmer contributes almost nothing to a zerg fight so there is no reason for them to be there.

I list aoe as main reason, you say aoe is the reason but it's not the reason I list. Ok...
    The language barrier is probably harder than I though.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Dreddo.9865 said:

@viquing.8254 said:

1) take 5 condi necro.
    2) take staff.
    3) camp in mark.

Very true!
    But in zerg fights make the same comparison, different classes have different strengths and weaknesses

That's why apart to trolling newbies, core mes isn't the worth it way to go. And as said versus every other burst compo the result would be the same should you see the burst coming or not.
    Now I detail a use case where even with necro you can still troll them because :
    1) it's weak to aoe => necro is the king of AOE.
    2) it's weak to condi => necro has good condi output.
    Now if people prefer to whine for days I don't care, at the end you will still get farmed even with every nerf you can think about.

• Ruufio.1496Ruufio.1496 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2019

So......

@Helseth.5069

Necro has always been a free bag since launch by design. This is nothing new. I too experienced something exactly like this pre HoT when a berserker ranger would spawn camp me on necromancer for an entire game. That was when I decided to pick up a class that doesn't need a babysitter.

I didn't watch your whole video but it also appears that you're running berserker on necro. Zerk necro was only ever a meme with lich form in SPvP, never run zerk necro in solo Q. If being killed over and over like this makes them quit, then they were never going to stay in the first place. You either adapt or drown in the salt. Signet of undeath is also bad and useless in SPvP for necro.

• Kaburro.4712Kaburro.4712 Member ✭✭✭

@Leonidrex.5649 said:
    @RisenHowl.2419 honst question, do you think you should be able to brainlessly run into 4 glass canons and not get bursted down ?
    you were even jumping during combat lol

I dont think you should but you will learn that my opinion (and yours) means nothing.

• ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

@viquing.8254 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@viquing.8254 said:

I list aoe as main reason, you say aoe is the reason but it's not the reason I list. Ok...

Must have missed it that said most of the other reasons were just extra bs xD