Why end Destabilized Magic event?!? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Why end Destabilized Magic event?!?

TSIA. Seems like an incentive to get more people doing world bosses, and for the sale of that gem store portal device. Why not make that change permanent.

Comments

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2019

    @AnonBackStabber.8536 said:
    TSIA. Seems like an incentive to get more people doing world bosses, and for the sale of that gem store portal device. Why not make that change permanent.

    It ended like five month ago so you’re a bit late. It was also used as a promotion for the last raid wing. It’s still very possible to get those essences from the raid vendor.

    Making this permanent now would have a negligible impact on world boss participation and the gemstore device sales. It’s be the same as saying adding permanent current events would increase populations on the affected maps. In both cases, the impact is temporary. For the former, the majority of players probably already got their rewards so you wouldn’t see a brief uptick in those doing world bosses.

  • Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It ended? aww. :(

    New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

  • Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I guess I missed the announcement that it was ending. Would have been nice to actually do it.

    New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Menadena.7482 said:

    I guess I missed the announcement that it was ending. Would have been nice to actually do it.

    Patch notes and the blog about it have the end date.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Most likely so they can bring it back at a later date to keep people busy who never did it or wasent playing at the time.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Give that it was created specifically for the release of W7, and that you can still acquire those items from W7, I doubt they’d add them again.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Give that it was created specifically for the release of W7, and that you can still acquire those items from W7, I doubt they’d add them again.

    Yes I was under the impression it was a one time event. I wouldn't mind a return, but I am def not expecting it and understand the reasoning behind it

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Temporary content that never comes back has always been a terrible idea.

  • @Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    Temporary content that never comes back has always been a terrible idea.

    When it means something becomes completely unavailable - yes. In this case, it was a promo for the coming raid, a temporary way to earn a raid "currency" outside raids.

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2019

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

    @Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    Temporary content that never comes back has always been a terrible idea.

    When it means something becomes completely unavailable - yes. In this case, it was a promo for the coming raid, a temporary way to earn a raid "currency" outside raids.

    clearly someone wasn't reading the patch notes

    and a good gesture of thank you for your continuous support to us players who kept on playing the game from Anet

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭