real problem against scourge

PierPiero.9142

if you have range damage and good mobility you can kill scourge. The problem in my opinion is that you have to avoid all his aoe and becouse he had a great damage on aoe around him , for killing it you have to avoid him all the time when he tries to come melee against you. Killing is doable but it is really long ,the 1 vs 1 in which i killed a scourge took me at least 2 minutes or more ( i play mirage ) . For all this time i lose the points and the point remain for all the time of the necromancer.Even if I kill him then, if he comes back , the situation repeats and so a single scourge can keep a point alone for a really long time. Obviously the solution is rotate and outnumber him but in my opinion this is a bit unfair . Usually i hide a portal somewhere, let him cap and go aways ( it is faster than 1vs 1 ) but if he does not go away it is hard. I don't know how ANET should modify scourge but the solution i see is something that limit the aoe duration

@PierPiero.9142 said:if you have range damage and good mobility you can kill scourge. The problem in my opinion is that you have to avoid all his aoe and becouse he had a great damage on aoe around him , for killing it you have to avoid him all the time when he tries to come melee against you. Killing is doable but it is really long ,the 1 vs 1 in which i killed a scourge took me at least 2 minutes or more ( i play mirage ) . For all this time i lose the points and the point remain for all the time of the necromancer.Even if I kill him then, if he comes back , the situation repeats and so a single scourge can keep a point alone for a really long time. Obviously the solution is rotate and outnumber him but in my opinion this is a bit unfair . Usually i hide a portal somewhere, let him cap and go aways ( it is faster than 1vs 1 ) but if he does not go away it is hard. I don't know how ANET should modify scourge but the solution i see is something that limit the aoe duration

=)You are in a whole another level

My solution is to destroy every single computer for any necro players

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:...how is it taking you so long to kill someone with no active defense? It really doesn't take that long to deal 25k damage (and yes, I'm factoring in barriers).

becouse i play with sword torch /staff and staying in staff and kiting all that time means the output damage is low . Other than that staying away from scourge means that shatters are not really effective , they die on aoe too so it requires to me a lot of time . Problem is that if i "jump" on necro i die too easily .... this is in my opinion the real problem of scourge, people jump on it and dies ....

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:...how is it taking you so long to kill someone with no active defense? It really doesn't take that long to deal 25k damage (and yes, I'm factoring in barriers).

You don't dare come close and Mesmer damage is terrible. The only way I can get a scourge 1v1 is to play a long attrition game and kite constantly. If the enemy manages to close me, I will die.

The problem is this "ammunition" mechanic. It permits the Scourge to rain death 3 times running.. an unsurvivable burst. Since it takes so long to kill them, it just keeps recharging. I don't know who thought of permitting a burst that huge, but I think it was not a good choice.

Archived