How far do we have to go for anet to change? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How far do we have to go for anet to change?

Constantly going to the wrong direction in everything without anything meaningful in the future. How far do we have to go for anet to change or are they just with get woke and go broke mentality where they eventually crash and make excuses and blame toxic white males for their failures or something?

Comments

• The Ace.9105The Ace.9105 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2019

What I mean is that we get a story with unbelievable long release interval that's now even shorter than the normal living story that was not successful in the first place and the game is slowly just declining and there's nothing anet is doing to change things.

Now they just call it a saga and pretend that it's more content more often when in reality it's just the teams split to have 1 extra team and less content.

Balance of the game is still terrible and the changes to reduce damage has been stated by devs in a live stream to be done by nerfing each of the skills individually which takes a long time meaning that we are not getting balance anytime soon cause they want to do it all at once.

• @The Ace.9105 said:
    Constantly going to the wrong direction in everything without anything meaningful in the future. How far do we have to go for anet to change or are they just with get woke and go broke mentality where they eventually crash and make excuses and blame toxic white males for their failures or something?

Found the Gamer.

• No idea what all that means but GW1 released full force expansions every 6 month. Not 18 minute episodes on 1 map where 15 minutes are virtually created by waiting for events.

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭

if living story wasn't successful they wouldn't be doing it, simple as that. expansions on the other hand probably weren't sucessful enough to justify working on another one for now, or they would be doing it.

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@The Ace.9105 said:

Interesting admission to the brigading that's been happening recently.

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hmm, while Anet is annoyingly woke, I am not sure how that bears on the apparent stumbles. Their direction at this point is continuing to use the game to draw eyeballs to the gem store. I think any ambition beyond that was eliminated when they restructured. Its a disappointment, but does not necessary point to woke foolishness.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lottie.5370 said:
    Stop saying "we" when you mean yourself. There are plenty of people, myself included, that are quite happy with how things are going. If you want something to change try being constructive about what you particularly dislike and how it could be improved instead of making a cry-post.

OP is a 1 man army, hence "we"

everyones have different opinions of what direction / changes should be done to the game, Anet just follows the loudest voice

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kurrilino.2706 said:
    No idea what all that means but GW1 released full force expansions every 6 month. Not 18 minute episodes on 1 map where 15 minutes are virtually created by waiting for events.

At that was hell on the Dev team, they hated it, it really burned them out having to develop that content so fast...which is the exact same thing that happened with Season 1...hence them never reverting to that format.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Deihnyx.6318Deihnyx.6318 Member ✭✭✭

I can't help but feel like OP is trying to make a point to not bring politics into video games but at the same time this is exactly what they're doing with this thread.

• Wubbbi.8172Wubbbi.8172 Member ✭✭
    edited December 3, 2019

I am 99% sure that this post is just a troll or a rant. The attitude with which the OP tries to make a statement here is beyond comprehension. I am not even going to argue with that.
    I am also not even sure what this topic is about or what the core message is but this attitude and the lack of mature expression has already kicked me off.

This might be a candidate for a close!

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

Have you tried an onlin petition or a global movement(on reddit of course)? GW2 gamers rise up lol.

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

• @Kurrilino.2706 said:
    No idea what all that means but GW1 released full force expansions every 6 month. Not 18 minute episodes on 1 map where 15 minutes are virtually created by waiting for events.

Which resulted in 3 expansions, and then stopping 2 years after the launch of GW1.

Gee, that's way better than 7 years and counting of content.

• Wow allot of anger directed towards those who create expanding on their views and perspectives of the real world. Welcome to the world of art, tv, music, oh and now videos games. You don't like it move on. Do I think everything that is released is golden? No remember "Inside out the video game" episode where you supposedly were so distraught over your choices that your had crippling anxiety? That said i did not take to the forms to complain, the creators are not here to attack you or anyone else. Art reflects life, the world is changing and as younger artist move in to fill the rolls and be the creators the world of Tyria is going to change with them as they are going to build what they see is better. No need to get angry either you enjoy the game or you don't. I have been playing since beta weekends consistently and do I notice a change in things yes there has been a increase in "WOKE" but truly they have unique opportunity to utilize the views of the different races to help everyone who plays navigate the social mine field of the digital age. I could turn this into a crazy long speech on how we are loosing basic communication skills IRL and that bleeds over into posts like this one but I won't I will simply say, Maybe take some time to breath and figure out what it exactly you want out of your games and maybe this RPG is not it and if it is learn how to be reasonable and open to the ideas and views of others. You never know what you might learn about yourself.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't see why it needs to be complicated. It's a game, the point is to have fun. So what you 'need' to do is play it as long as it's fun for you as an individual, and then stop playing whenever it isn't.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die. Drain you of your sanity, face the thing that should not be"

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

must calm down, they should prioritize quality over quantity, the xpac delay is just to bring something better than pof.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• kraai.7265kraai.7265 Member ✭✭✭

@The Ace.9105 said:

The problem is people complain but still play everyday or even buy gems!!! anet won't change a thing as long as this system works, they will realize the mistakes the day a really huge chunk of their playerbase stops playing overnight or spending money for gems... meanwhile going into forums to complain or give feedback and logging in every afternoon like nothing happens won't help at all

• kraai.7265kraai.7265 Member ✭✭✭

@The Ace.9105 said:
    What I mean is that we get a story with unbelievable long release interval that's now even shorter than the normal living story that was not successful in the first place and the game is slowly just declining and there's nothing anet is doing to change things.

Now they just call it a saga and pretend that it's more content more often when in reality it's just the teams split to have 1 extra team and less content.

Balance of the game is still terrible and the changes to reduce damage has been stated by devs in a live stream to be done by nerfing each of the skills individually which takes a long time meaning that we are not getting balance anytime soon cause they want to do it all at once.

They won't do it all at once, is another of anet's scams, think about this, they don't even have a freaking testing server!!! If they are really so naive to think they can rework almost every class overnight without completely breaking the game for good they are mad
    Let's not forget they couldn't even code equipment "templates" right without breaking the game for almost everyone

• I have a bad English! (I apologize for this! I love this game and PvP, although I don’t know English, it has become worse and more unbalanced in recent years! I like to heal in raids playing druids and it’s very cool! I have 2 favorite classes in the game in PVP is a ranger with a long bow and a two-handed sword and a condie scorge! I understand there is a meta, but each time they get worse and worse they kill the game with their balance! For example: they didn’t take the skorzha into raids (almost) now and even more so, pvp as they could not shoot with a bow (although this is a ranger!) and all the builds can not for some miles, axes, swords and so on ... (I’m basting a long bow and a great sword!) you can forget about scorje! the game makes you play your favorite modes in 2-3 meta classes and no more! I don’t know how people look at it? and how they put up with it! and IT IS GENTLY SAID! I hope the games come and a LIGHT FUTURE and at the same time I wish them that all players do not tolerate this and go to other projects! maybe this will encourage the game to strain and work on it to the BEST PARTY! I personally come to the game in the first place is to relax after a hard day and enjoy the game! but she and her nerfs are even harder than work if you want to play pvp and raids again! ATP for nerfs! But they translate the store into ALL LANGUAGES! Instead of giving the game more audiences speaking different languages! Good luck!

• give way to beginners listen to their opinion and not 15-20% of the top players! or do you care about the rest?

• Udolpho.1209Udolpho.1209 Member ✭✭✭

...When will they change? We've had GW2 for seven years now.

To make a comparison, you don't stay with someone and then seven years into the relationship wonder "when are they going to change?!" --cause they are not. Nothing anyone on this forum or reddit or anywhere else will have any chance of making anet somehow change. The best one can hope for is maybe they listen to reasonable suggestions and consider them.

We are helpless to affect changes in anet. All one can do is decide whether to continue playing the game or not.

The game is still a great deal and quite entertaining, its way better than I would have expected a microtransaction driven game to be. So kudos to Anet and their people. Its just looking like it won't be allowed to reach a new plateau. Its a shame really.

• As a player, after playing a year, I see that there is complete horror! my and the opinions of the players who played a bunch of years may not argue with others!

edited December 3, 2019

Hooray, victory is ours!

• Ghetx.1752Ghetx.1752 Member ✭✭✭

@coso.9173 said:
    if living story wasn't successful they wouldn't be doing it, simple as that. expansions on the other hand probably weren't sucessful enough to justify working on another one for now, or they would be doing it.

You can't call it a success,because its the only thing they release.People don't have other choice but to play what arena net gives them.

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019

@Ghetx.1752 said:

@coso.9173 said:

You can't call it a success,because its the only thing they release.People don't have other choice but to play what arena net gives them.

They did talk a bit about how they make almost no money off of boxes and expansions though and that's why the gemstore has been treated the way it has for the last few years, I don't remember where this was though (Dev chat? Some Reddit thread?).

Expansions aren't to turn a profit, they're to attract people back to games short-term for cash shops. That's why in games like GW2 you always see items like "Path of Fire Preparation Pack" and "Path of Fire Deluxe/Ultimate" being sold. You attract both new players to the game and old players back to the game and then they all get hyped and buy things for a while and leave again and the cycle repeats.

Its a model that other games popularised long before GW2 even existed.

The game I played for seven years prior to GW2, the lead developer would always say "this is a product and you're just a customer" to us, whenever we would complain on the forums about it feeling personal to us. And that's, just how alot of higher-ups think about it.

I feel kind of sorry for the old ArenaNet, this being their life's work.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay (formerly Jade Quarry) | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Terakura/Spellbreaker | ♀♥♀