What's going on with Taimi?? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What's going on with Taimi??

aandiarie.7195aandiarie.7195 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 3, 2019 in Lore

I know the character Taimi suffers from some health issues and it's been getting worse. I was wondering what her health issue is and if there can be some sort of magic, energy, or treatment that can help. I don't want Taimi to die. It was bad enough 2 characters I actually like were killed off before. She's a genius and I feel like she could come up with something to help. Either that or from Aurene's magic stuff.

Comments

  • @Ashantara.8731 said:
    While I don't wish her ill, I was glad we didn't have to endure her during "Whisper in the Dark." The less often we see her, the more mature the content comes across.

    I wouldn't worry too much, though. She'll certainly transfer herself into a golem before her time runs out.

    Don't give them any ideas.

  • @aandiarie.7195 said:
    I know the character Taimi suffers from some health issues and it's been getting worse. I was wondering what her health issue is and if there can be some sort of magic, energy, or treatment that can help. I don't want Taimi to die. It was bad enough 2 characters I actually like were killed off before. She's a genius and I feel like she could come up with something to help. Either that or from Aurene's magic stuff.

    Wonder no more: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Taimi

  • Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2019

    @wrathmagik.3518 said:

    @Ashantara.8731 said:
    While I don't wish her ill, I was glad we didn't have to endure her during "Whisper in the Dark." The less often we see her, the more mature the content comes across.

    I wouldn't worry too much, though. She'll certainly transfer herself into a golem before her time runs out.

    Don't give them any ideas.

    "Golemancy and Necromancy have long since been destined to collide. Necromancy deals in death, while golamancy deals in life."

    • Oola

    I might be paraphrasing this, but I think it's safe to say the idea has been thrown around since the core game. There's a better than average chance this is their endgame with Taimi.

  • I mean, the first example we get of someone voluntarily fusing with a golem is in the original Personal Story, the very first chapter even - for Dynamics Asura.
    Along with various Oola-stuff, the concept is very much present since launch.
    That idea has then been brought back up and into focus with Blish.

    I'd go even a bit further than @Westenev.5289 and say that it's very likely this is their plan for her. Another Scruffy upgrade at some point that secretly prepares for her permanent transfer into it.

  • Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭

    Based on the end of LS4 and "Living World" magazine material released between LS4 and Grothmar, it seems Taimi is busy rewriting her Elder Dragon book (with editing help from Gorrik) while she is still capable of doing so.

    Living World mag: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/september-04-2019/

    As for Taimi's disease, it's been discussed here a number of times. From what I recall of those conversations, we pretty much concluded she has the Asura equivalent of early onset ALS, better known as Lou Gehrig's disease. As such, she may be a subtle tribute from ANet to Stephen Hawking, who was an ALS-afflicted genius dependent on machines, which in turn may be a sign of what her future holds in the game.

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Taimi is annoying i hope her continue offscreen.

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

    She'll deus ex machina herself out of her illness. ANet writers failed to make anything that has to do with her entrigueing because she can just do everything, invent everything, solve every puzzle and she's also soo super cute <3<3<3<<3<3<<3<3... Taimi is a very boring character in that regard so I can play a GW2 without her for a while before I start to miss her.

    Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

  • Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2019

    @lokh.2695 said:
    She'll deus ex machina herself out of her illness. ANet writers failed to make anything that has to do with her entrigueing because she can just do everything, invent everything, solve every puzzle and she's also soo super cute <3<3<3<<3<3<<3<3... Taimi is a very boring character in that regard so I can play a GW2 without her for a while before I start to miss her.

    Taimi fills the same plot role in Dragon's Watch as Hermione with Harry Potter. In a nutshell, her job is to know everything.

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jimbru.6014 said:

    @lokh.2695 said:
    She'll deus ex machina herself out of her illness. ANet writers failed to make anything that has to do with her entrigueing because she can just do everything, invent everything, solve every puzzle and she's also soo super cute <3<3<3<<3<3<<3<3... Taimi is a very boring character in that regard so I can play a GW2 without her for a while before I start to miss her.

    Taimi fills the same plot role in Dragon's Watch as Hermione with Harry Potter. In a nutshell, her job is to know everything.

    Not quite.. Hermione was a Genius but also exceptionally skilled in spells/combat too where as Taimi's combat experience mostly comes from her Golem or whatever weapon she can park herself down in front of and go completely homicidal with to the resulting hilarity of the players ^^

    Her ability to actually fight though is non existent due to her physical disability.

  • Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭

    How much she does is severely overblown by players. She solves a few problems but the Commander does most of the dirty work.

    Anyways I thought she had something similar to Parkinson's?

    Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay (formerly Jade Quarry) | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Terakura/Spellbreaker | ♀♥♀

  • @aandiarie.7195 said:
    I know the character Taimi suffers from some health issues and it's been getting worse. I was wondering what her health issue is and if there can be some sort of magic, energy, or treatment that can help. I don't want Taimi to die. It was bad enough 2 characters I actually like were killed off before. She's a genius and I feel like she could come up with something to help. Either that or from Aurene's magic stuff.

    I expect that her investigation into the Elder Dragons will eventually lead to the discovery of a cure for her illness.

  • Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019

    @Stephen.6312 said:

    @aandiarie.7195 said:
    I know the character Taimi suffers from some health issues and it's been getting worse. I was wondering what her health issue is and if there can be some sort of magic, energy, or treatment that can help. I don't want Taimi to die. It was bad enough 2 characters I actually like were killed off before. She's a genius and I feel like she could come up with something to help. Either that or from Aurene's magic stuff.

    I expect that her investigation into the Elder Dragons will eventually lead to the discovery of a cure for her illness.

    I'm thinking more along the lines that they'll finish off Zojja's story with one last return and some kind of salvation for Taimi. That way it'll actually be Zojja who dies after completing her life's work similar to what we've seen happen to Destiny's Edge so far.

    Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay (formerly Jade Quarry) | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Terakura/Spellbreaker | ♀♥♀

  • @Hannelore.8153 said:

    @Stephen.6312 said:

    @aandiarie.7195 said:
    I know the character Taimi suffers from some health issues and it's been getting worse. I was wondering what her health issue is and if there can be some sort of magic, energy, or treatment that can help. I don't want Taimi to die. It was bad enough 2 characters I actually like were killed off before. She's a genius and I feel like she could come up with something to help. Either that or from Aurene's magic stuff.

    I expect that her investigation into the Elder Dragons will eventually lead to the discovery of a cure for her illness.

    I'm thinking more along the lines that they'll finish off Zojja's story with one last return and some kind of salvation for Taimi. That way it'll actually be Zojja who dies after completing her life's work since it's in line with what we've seen happen to Destiny's Edge so far.

    That's certainly one way to do it.