Ricochet

AsiraasiB.7165

Hate to crush anyone Hope's but this is arenet were talking about here. Their motto when it comes to thief is never givith and only takith away. Any trait or skill that's effective and fun on thief with get nerf whines not cuz its OP but because its effective and for some reason this community hates being defeated by the rogue class more than the usual I've seen in most other mmo's and due to anet being anet it gets nerfed soon after. The class will never have anything effective for long cuz the the comnunity hatred for the class.

I miss ricochet so so very much. Even though it's to my detriment, I've stuck with P/P from day 1. In 6 years, there have been few bright spots, but Ricochet was one of them. Overall, P/P is better than it used to be (or rather, it sucks less than it used to), but there is still so far to go. Ricochet was interesting in that it seemed like you actually needed skill to use it well. I remember circling my main target in a way that allowed me to keep up pressure on the other person that kept moving around until I could focus on him once the main target was downed. Fun times.

@Black Frog.9274 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Ricochet + Opportunist + Ankle Shots = P/P Beast = nerfed to death

doesn't

Never said it does.

Then how does Opportunist figure into the equation you gave?

The Thief's Opportunist (link) grants Initiatives on crits. So if you have Ricochet on Unload, it will crit multiple times and trigger Opportunist and grants a huge amount of initiatives...greater than the amount you get from the current iteration of Unload's initiative refund. Ankle Shots increases the cirt hit damage of unload.

So with Ricochet + Opportunist + Ankle Shots, your P/P Unload deals a c@rp tons of damage on crits on crippled targets while refilling your Initiatives.