Russian language in chat

Pruand.8012

Hello!Dear Anet, many of russian-spoken people think that Russian localization will not ever been realized... If it is true, can you please at least add a Russian symbols in chats, as it made in text fields of Black Lion Market or in Gem Store?Russian-spoken people would be very grateful to you.

I've been in games where this was possible. The result was a large hostility between 3 "factions"; Russians, Turks and the rest of Europe. This game is fun for a lot of people because the general population is nice (if you avoid PvP and raids) and the random chatter. This will likely kill it, unless they were to make a Map-Russian chat and it would only be possible there.

@Virender.6957 said:I've been in games where this was possible. The result was a large hostility between 3 "factions"; Russians, Turks and the rest of Europe. This game is fun for a lot of people because the general population is nice (if you avoid PvP and raids) and the random chatter. This will likely kill it, unless they were to make a Map-Russian chat and it would only be possible there.

The idea of implementing additional symbols than latin letters into the game is a nice idea, but afterwards many other languages should be implemented also - chinese and arabic are the biggest language groups. And that's quite a big task. Additionally just think, why GW2 has only 4 language versions, while GW1 had also polish (my native tongue) and russian?

I really like the russian language, consider it to be one of the nicest languages I know, but I am definitely against implementing cyrillic symbols into the game. Many people can not read them.

@foxic.3462 said:Fear of cyrillic is understandable, but at least in guild chats it wouldn't hurt the feelings of non-cyrillic players much .

Comes back to my suggestion of a map-Russian chat or something. If it's designed to be kept out of "open" chats to encourage the random chatter there it's perfectly fine. I have no issue with any language being spoken between people or in "private" areas. Though as a non-English native that speaks about 5 languages, I still wouldn't use any but English. It's a universally accepted language and easy to learn.

• 1 month later...

@Araun.1638 said:

@Virender.6957 said:I've been in games where this was possible. The result was a large hostility between 3 "factions"; Russians, Turks and the rest of Europe. This game is fun for a lot of people because the general population is nice (if you avoid PvP and raids) and the random chatter. This will likely kill it, unless they were to make a Map-Russian chat and it would only be possible there.

The idea of implementing additional symbols than latin letters into the game is a nice idea, but afterwards many other languages should be implemented also - chinese and arabic are the biggest language groups. And that's quite a big task. Additionally just think, why GW2 has only 4 language versions, while GW1 had also polish (my native tongue) and russian?

I really like the russian language, consider it to be one of the nicest languages I know, but I am definitely against implementing cyrillic symbols into the game. Many people can not read them.

But I think I saw an option in chat settings which allows to hide messages in other languages, so what's the problem?

Archived