2.5k poison ticks. How?

Lonewolf Kai.3682

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:As the title asks, how do I get 2.5k+ poison ticks. Build and stats, etc? Was hit with that yesterday on a DE rifle attack and am curious. I’m using a DD s/d thief myself but don’t usually see those high of numbers. I’m guess spider venom was used by the DE?

Equivalent of 10 stacks of poison at 1620 condition damage (thorns rune), plus 10 stack of might, and 15 stacks of Vulnerability.M7 - 10 stacks of mightDE Mark - 3 stacks poisonSpotter Shot from stealth (panic + leeching) - 3 stacks poisonBinding Shadows - 4 stacks poison, 15 stacks vulnerability

You didn't clarify game mode, so its hard to say.

Honestly 2.5k is low, I've reached over 16k on a world boss in PvE (granted, with max Might, Vulnerability, etc.). Average in WvW is like 4-6k, You just have to run a max Poison duration build (Thorns runes), use that new revamped sigil, Venoms with trait synergies, etc.

I haven't tried it with PvP or on a Deadeye, but that's how it is on a Daredevil though, w/staff even, which has no condi.

You can achieve that kind of damage pretty easily on DE just by spamming spotter's shot with leeching venoms traited in SA. This is the build I use;http://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pa1AQpjlFwAZbsOmJO2OrvKA-zVZYMhiRG1YzQOKlIDhMLgcjgeTAvPAhrHu/rRVA-wMark applies 2 stacks of poison, increased by potent poison to 3 stacks. Panic strike applies 1 stack, 2 stacks with potent poison, and because it does damage it applies the traited spider venom for 3 stacks per shot. So going off what Sir Vincent III.1286 said, you only need to mark and land 2 spotter's shots before you're doing the kind of damage you're talking about. Poison durations on most thief skills are already sufficiently high to be dangerous, so I built torment runes for the sustain (2k+ heals off P/D sneak attack if all shots hit) and to get enough duration to get 13 seconds of torment on a max malice P/D sneak attack with 11 seconds of torment on shadow strike. It works best as a way to poke and force cleanses while not exposing yourself to harm unnecessarily, while saving the P/D spike for when you're sure they can't deal with it.

@"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:You can achieve that kind of damage pretty easily on DE just by spamming spotter's shot with leeching venoms traited in SA. This is the build I use;http://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pa1AQpjlFwAZbsOmJO2OrvKA-zVZYMhiRG1YzQOKlIDhMLgcjgeTAvPAhrHu/rRVA-wMark applies 2 stacks of poison, increased by potent poison to 3 stacks. Panic strike applies 1 stack, 2 stacks with potent poison, and because it does damage it applies the traited spider venom for 3 stacks per shot. So going off what Sir Vincent III.1286 said, you only need to mark and land 2 spotter's shots before you're doing the kind of damage you're talking about. Poison durations on most thief skills are already sufficiently high to be dangerous, so I built torment runes for the sustain (2k+ heals off P/D sneak attack if all shots hit) and to get enough duration to get 13 seconds of torment on a max malice P/D sneak attack with 11 seconds of torment on shadow strike. It works best as a way to poke and force cleanses while not exposing yourself to harm unnecessarily, while saving the P/D spike for when you're sure they can't deal with it.

I use the tormenting runes as well (torment at 100 percent). The heals it provides (I use skale venom over spider venom as well) really add up. Skale venom has the added bonus of adding vuln.