Request Blackgate Gets A Link — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Request Blackgate Gets A Link

Arbriel.4397Arbriel.4397 Member ✭✭

Dear Anet,

With fewer players playing now on Blackgate, BG I do think its time that BG got a linked server and if at all possible could I request Stormbluff Isle, SBI?

I have good friends and a guild on SBI and I'd love to be able to WvW with them again without transferring off BG.

Thank you.

<1

Comments

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

open bg. ^,^ make bg great again. kekeke

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

Matchup threads not allowed !!!

• @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Just play your BP alt hoping to game the system and no you will get ioj or ebay or a dead link when/if you get one again not like a sbi or fc or hod type thing.

You can't actually think that right?

As for the topic at hand, don't know a lot of people that actually want a link on BG, but I'm sure because this person said we do everyone will take it as gospel.

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AmaraRenee.3812 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Just play your BP alt hoping to game the system and no you will get ioj or ebay or a dead link when/if you get one again not like a sbi or fc or hod type thing.

You can't actually think that right?

As for the topic at hand, don't know a lot of people that actually want a link on BG, but I'm sure because this person said we do everyone will take it as gospel.

Think what? That some BG playing on BP while BG dropped to t4 in an attempt to be opened or get a link next time. Yeah. That if they get a link it will be a dead med pop one. Yeah. That once they get that med link instantly 50-100 players will transfer to it. Yup. This topic could be a troll attempt for fun no idea and no BG doesn't deserve a link but they got one for about 8 months recently and also dropped to VH also so anythings possible

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe they shouldn't've all jumped ship to Blackgate Pass.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay (formerly Jade Quarry) | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Terakura/Spellbreaker | ♀♥♀

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    This topic could be a troll attempt for fun no idea

He said his guild and good friends are on SBI, but he doesn't want to transfer off of BG so perhaps it is a troll attempt on his friends.

• hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

This has to be a troll lol

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019

@Arbriel.4397 said:
    Dear Anet,

With fewer players playing now on Blackgate, BG I do think its time that BG got a linked server and if at all possible could I request Stormbluff Isle, SBI?

I have good friends and a guild on SBI and I'd love to be able to WvW with them again without transferring off BG.

Thank you.

We were against em not too long ago (2 linkings ago) and they had a lot of numbers to contend with. Dunno if anything changed since then.

If servers have 100 peeps and BG has 500...losing 100 peeps still makes you a giant. (exaggerated example ofc but gets the point across)

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• bg has alota ppl they are just dodging like usual

[KEKW]

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019

Just close BG. And by close I mean delete.

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• Most of you don't know what you're talking about. BG lost a lot of players like I said, doesn't have 500 it has closer to 275 and no sign of a troll here from me. So yes needs a link attached to BG, lacking one has dropped BG down to a T3/4 server. Maguuma, Mag for instance has a lot more players on it than BG as does Borlis Pass, BP too.

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019

Whatever, I guess.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay (formerly Jade Quarry) | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Terakura/Spellbreaker | ♀♥♀

• @Liston.9708 said:

@Arbriel.4397 said:
    Most of you don't know what you're talking about. BG lost a lot of players like I said, doesn't have 500 it has closer to 275 and no sign of a troll here from me. So yes needs a link attached to BG, lacking one has dropped BG down to a T3/4 server. Maguuma, Mag for instance has a lot more players on it than BG as does Borlis Pass, BP too.

If ‘lost’ means playing alts on BP.....

No lost as in left

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Arbriel.4397 said:
    Most of you don't know what you're talking about. BG lost a lot of players like I said, doesn't have 500 it has closer to 275 and no sign of a troll here from me. So yes needs a link attached to BG, lacking one has dropped BG down to a T3/4 server. Maguuma, Mag for instance has a lot more players on it than BG as does Borlis Pass, BP too.

I would suggest stopping...

Regardless of whether your numbers are accurate or not (and they are not) you will not see any agreement in here about it.

BG is back in T2 and competing.

I would suggest just playing the game.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019

Dear ANet,

This is not a permanent fix, but a "band-aid" solution to this post.

There's a better posted solution that fixes the real problem & not just the symptoms that this post brings up.

Observation - WvW Black Hole - Players Enter But Don't Come Out.

Re-Design Fix - Enter & Exit - Keep Active & Purge In-Active

Please enable an Automatic Monthly Purge of players OFF their chosen Home Server that "statistically" stopped playing WvW while maintaining a strict Maximum Server Capacity.

Automatic & Monthly Purges like this will allow All Servers to Refresh their Seats that are supposedly filled by "Dead" WvW players.

This will also allow players to reform their dead or dying "Community" on a New Server after 1 month of inactivity.

This policy would apply Equally to All Servers.

Then let the chips fall where they may.

Yours truly,
    Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Arbriel.4397 said:

I would suggest stopping...

Regardless of whether your numbers are accurate or not (and they are not) you will not see any agreement in here about it.

BG is back in T2 and competing.

I would suggest just playing the game.

Agreed, this topic is too toxic to have even bothered in the first place.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

6 years was a good run.
    Too good.
    Now we all know the game, even the devs.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Swamurabi.7890Swamurabi.7890 Member ✭✭✭

Open up BG so more WvW players can quit GW2.

@Swamurabi.7890 said:
    Open up BG so more WvW players can quit GW2.

Ahh.. so THAT’S what people have been leaving for..

Thank You for the {MEME}

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019

Umm, I'll try to be nice as possible, since you may not be aware of the wvw politics and memes (it's really nothing worth learning), but historically speaking Blackgate has been known to reduce its activity to achieve its goal of getting a link.

While your intention of wanting to play with us is nice, our guild doesn't really wvw outside of guild missions anymore-- it's basically 10 minutes a week? You can't really expect anyone to show concern about that when half the servers are empty. I think it would be better if you asked if one of the tiers be deleted, and thus increasing the chance of getting your request indirectly. Also, nobody actually wants SBI as a link (Honestly, if someone doesn't fall over in the first 3 seconds in a fight, I assume they're not SBI); I'm just going to leave it at that.

You are always welcome to transfer back though though given the current state of WvW, I would recommend just saving your gold and waiting for alliances where you could probably play with us anyways. Well, whoever's left in 2030.

• Kitta.3657Kitta.3657 Member ✭✭✭

@Liston.9708 said:

@Arbriel.4397 said:

What is it with forum dwellers thinking this is the case? I can count on 1 hand the number of people from BG that have alts on BP unless they're absolutely complete random pugs and mean nothing. There's no BG guilds on BP. Y'all got some conspiracy theory. It did get bandwagonned a bit by randoms + having FC as a link is pretty big. But there's no conspiracy of BG alts on BP, this is pretty stupid. (My account has been on BP since I transfered to play with Wavy monnnnths ago)

I'm not saying BP isn't fat stacked but I see a lot of people on other servers that have the numbers and guild groups but whine bs at BP just because they're losing so I take that stuff with a grain of salt.

• SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

@Arbriel.4397 said:
    Mag for instance has a lot more players on it than BG as does Borlis Pass, BP too.

I really doubt Mag alone has more players than BG. Actually it's as close as we can get to a fact that BG is bigger based on server statuses. Remember Mag has a link, and one of the biggest at that. Are they alone bigger than BG? No. Otherwise they'd be full. Some BG people really need some perspective. Same thing as being in T3, T4. It happens to almost every other server for months at a time depending on server linking. BG is just used to winning literally every week so suddenly it's some crisis and they need intervention from Anet just because they went T4 for one week lmao.

Its ironic/sad yet funny. BG is begging for a linking, yet they caused their own issues with bandwagoning. They purposely tank, which is more than well known. This is more of a "you made your bed" kind of scenario.

Gee...who would have thought this would happen /sarcasm

twitch.tv/TRMC

@Kitta.3657 said:

@Liston.9708 said:

@Arbriel.4397 said:

What is it with forum dwellers thinking this is the case? I can count on 1 hand the number of people from BG that have alts on BP unless they're absolutely complete random pugs and mean nothing. There's no BG guilds on BP. Y'all got some conspiracy theory. It did get bandwagonned a bit by randoms + having FC as a link is pretty big. But there's no conspiracy of BG alts on BP, this is pretty stupid. (My account has been on BP since I transfered to play with Wavy monnnnths ago)

I'm not saying BP isn't fat stacked but I see a lot of people on other servers that have the numbers and guild groups but whine bs at BP just because they're losing so I take that stuff with a grain of salt.

A conspiracy can start with one comment. In this case it was a BG player who said he knew many were playing BP alts. BG does certain things most servers don't care enough to do. Then you play BP and see this similar behavior so you go He was right! Now no one except a BG player with BP alt knows if it's true or pure fabrication. You also don't know. It's not like they would go and join the same guild or name it BG alts or advertise in chat etc. Sure it probably just nonsense but it's too late now

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sure let's cater to BG's wishes again, what could possibly go wrong with that.

Another derailing post ^ - Anet
    "Is there pvp stuff for this?" - "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon." - "Woo!"
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WaH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

edited December 4, 2019

@XenesisII.1540 said:
    Sure let's cater to BG's wishes again, what could possibly go wrong with that.

10x more when you let everyone know like hulk did then. You got me I thought they were vh now lol

• the issue isn't giving blackgate one of the lower population links, it's the massive bandwagon that comes with it. Then you end up with a full server linked with a high pop server, which is what is happening with BP/FG right now.

• Ruufio.1496Ruufio.1496 Member ✭✭✭

How about no. And intstead, remove jade quarry link and make maguuma, BG and JQ fight each other forever or until the overhaul.

• @Ruufio.1496 said:
    How about no. And intstead, remove jade quarry link and make maguuma, BG and JQ fight each other forever or until the overhaul.

Ill bring popcorn!

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

Ill bring popcorn!

Im actually eating popcorn as we speak...errr type

But Im down for that idea lol

twitch.tv/TRMC

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Swagger.1459 said:
    Devs, BG really needs ur help! Plz open BG again and give link too! Don’t hesitate, think of the children! Ty!

And the dolphins !

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

Dolphins and whales, dolphins and whales.
    Oh what a lovely f2p world we live in!

Also buff warrior

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• I'm sure you all know what comes next. BG will wind up being placed in T4 with a semi dead link while they'll be against a server that has three links. Anet give us the tools to defeat the oppressors! Things like the ability to play competitively, balance out across time zones, communicate effectively. Why with this highly sought after package available for 2k gems in the online store, you also could face off against this fine specimen of a server.

Guild leader for Goats of Thunder. No pants allowed.

@Fatherbliss.4701 said:
    I'm sure you all know what comes next. BG will wind up being placed in T4 with a semi dead link while they'll be against a server that has three links. Anet give us the tools to defeat the oppressors! Things like the ability to play competitively, balance out across time zones, communicate effectively. Why with this highly sought after package available for 2k gems in the online store, you also could face off against this fine specimen of a server.

No... BG will become the link, and open..

Oh the humanity.......

I would buy popcorn just to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth in here.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2019

@Arbriel.4397 said:

Dear OP,

Please accept sympathies empathies from Piken Square [EU].

Anet want you to leave, that's why the server status exists.

If there wasn't something fishy about the way server status is determined, they would tell us how it works. Likely there is some undesirable human element involved in what should not be an arbitrary decision.
    This seems to be like the map caps. There is something of the night about them. Why all the secrecy?

Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.

If they told people exactly how server population worked, it would be even easier to exploit than it already is. Stop complaining that you're full, it's probably deserved.

• Slick.7164Slick.7164 Member ✭✭✭

Merry Christmas BG or what ever server you repping now. Either play the game or stay on your alt server. If anet falls for your manipulation again, kitten it and I go play something else.

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SWI.4127 said:
    If they told people exactly how server population worked, it would be even easier to exploit than it already is. Stop complaining that you're full, it's probably deserved.

1. How so? I can't think of any way, and,
    2. "Probably" doesn't cut it.

Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.

• Arbriel.4397Arbriel.4397 Member ✭✭
    edited December 7, 2019

Right now BG does not have the players to fight Sea of Sorrow's, SoS or Yak's Bend, YB at all in any timezone, no map queue at all during reset so if we don't get a link at least open up the server for transfers, for minimum of 1 month. We're even cursing out Arenanet for pandering to the whims of a toxic GW2 community who want to see BG suffer no matter what.

• MELORD.5013MELORD.5013 Member ✭✭
    edited December 7, 2019

@Arbriel.4397 said:
    Right now BG does not have the players to fight Sea of Sorrow's, SoS or Yak's Bend, YB at all in any timezone, no map queue at all during reset so if we don't get a link at least open up the server for transfers, for minimum of 1 month. We're even cursing out Arenanet for pandering to the whims of a toxic GW2 community who want to see BG suffer no matter what.

after the Mag vs Bg vs AR week i have seen Bg blob on OCX and SEA and EU with THAT NINE guild Aslo HoB XvX RAWR on NA and a kitten ton of roamers on OFF Hours what do you mean
    this most be a troll

[KEKW]

@Arbriel.4397 said:

I'm sorry you spent 1800 gems to transfer to them when they opened.

• @MELORD.5013 said:

@Arbriel.4397 said:

after the Mag vs Bg vs AR week i have seen Bg blob on OCX and SEA and EU with THAT NINE guild Aslo HoB XvX RAWR on NA and a kitten ton of roamers on OFF Hours what do you mean
    this most be a troll

Like I said is what I mean and you're wrong, we did not blob during those hours at all, unless you really mean that a blob constitutes a squad of 23 max and with pugs attached out of squad. Why do you think we dropped to T3 this week and not progressed to T1 last week? Today was a clear example of lacking players on BG. We can't even scout out our towers or keeps either, eventually our tag decided to tag down as he said due to a lack of players. NINE Guild hasn't tagged up at all for at least 2 weeks due to the same reason, not enough players on BG. You must be a troll.

@Arbriel.4397 keeping the meme alive. Well done.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

ANET - first check to see if anyone has transferred off of BG. If they haven't, then BG needs no link.

Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

@Arbriel.4397 said:

Open for 1 month lmao. You realize they were open for one afternoon a few months ago and there was a massive shift in NA population to go there.

This discussion has been closed.