WvW post sand savant nerf

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, this greatly diversified scourge builds as Sand Savant in no longer a MUST HAVE trait in WvW. Scourge still does scourge things, it does not change the 'meta' in terms of compositions. It does however increase TTK a little bit and fights felt much 'healthier', on top of giving scourges some extra room to play around with build wise. I am cautiously optimistic about this upcoming big competitive patch they are hyping up.

blob v blob is still pirate ship. so, range meta will still work. it is still better than melee.

scourge will have to play like an ele or mele scourge. but f1 bomb is still doable if the com is not bad.

you will have to have meteors revs

i tell you

1 in 5

quick brandalacrity revstealth scrapscourgeweaver

you'll need 1 war for defense bubble 1 in 10

team pirate chips

@Sovereign.1093 said:blob v blob is still pirate ship. so, range meta will still work. it is still better than melee.

scourge will have to play like an ele or mele scourge. but f1 bomb is still doable if the com is not bad.

i tell you

1 in 5

team pirate chips

Yes this is fine in unorganized pug blob fights. Any decent organized group puppies all over pirate ships.

@anonymous.7812 said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:blob v blob is still pirate ship. so, range meta will still work. it is still better than melee.

i tell you

1 in 5

team pirate chips

Yes this is fine in unorganized pug blob fights. Any decent organized group puppies all over pirate ships.

50v50? or qv q? i dont think so

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/516632214

1 hour 19 minutes in. is their skrim.

here's an example a good example:

bez probably is one of the best eu commanders. his team killed mine so many times over and over when i used to lead in desolation. there's three teams i can't say i can beat head on without gimiks and his team is one. the other is that riverside pirate ship blob. and that commander who's really patient. but even him is having problems in the isle fights because he can't easily push the team's millions of ae (and this is after the patch)

https://ibb.co/3mbWd8d

BASIC of how it's done for those who want.

first image is basic attack. buff stealth push bomb. 80% of enemies die from this.to counter by doing counter bomb - stealth move back and gamble on pirate shiping the enemy who'll die before they g et to you. 50% of the enemies fall for this.the 3rd method is to bait and push. this is so those who use counter bombs will waste their bombs and then you can push like that in the video only that the bombs refresh so fast because of the number of aes. and a trick i tell you - alacrity. love your revs and fire brands. they are the pillars.

It didnt change much.

Scrapper and Ele got basicly free 250 stats with the new ooc weaponswap.

No more Detection Pulse on Scrapper is realy realy bad.Revs have to actually use their Reveal Oo. Poor souls often dont even know they have that.

And like always when something gets nerfed quite hard (scourge) people jump ship and try to find the next most broken thing.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:It didnt change much.

No more Detection Pulse on Scrapper is realy realy bad.Revs have to actually use their Reveal Oo. Poor souls often dont even know they have that.

And like always when something gets nerfed quite hard (scourge) people jump ship and try to find the next most broken thing.

scrapper has reveal, just not on purge gyro. =) so it makes it hard to use because you have to give up one utlity for reveal.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:It didnt change much.

scrapper has reveal, just not on purge gyro. =) so it makes it hard to use because you have to give up one utlity for reveal.

Imagine having to use Utility Goggles. "puke"

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

it's a trade off - warriors can do it better the reveal or you can rely on scrapper or your rev.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

it's a trade off - warriors can do it better the reveal or you can rely on scrapper or your rev.

Its not a trade off. Its simply a buff to stealth.

Something nobody needed.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Its not a trade off. Its simply a buff to stealth.

Something nobody needed.

if you say so.

New Utility Googles offers reveal , the skill itself is a stunbreak , and a 3-4 seconds Resistance depending on your boon duration , wich is totally fine , as Reveal is mostly Key , for gvg`s , i believe new Utility Googles arent that terrible considered the 30 second cooldown + resistance added to the skill.

Yes we all gonna miss a third utility , but scrapper been ruining Condi builds since too long by now ^^ and the fact that you could either slot Elixir S or Bullwark instead of Utility Googles , made the class itself a powerfull support after firebrand.

In my opinion its a nerf to Scrapper , but its an indirect buff for necro looking at the recent scourge nerf if we wanna call it like this. i play mainly scrapper for raid , and i already have a build to fit reveal in the kit , without losing utility or support , its a utility slot you have to sacrifice , but its not a terrible loss.

The loss of Reveal on Cleanse Gyro is not a buff to stealth , learn to fix your builds with every patch note, and stop whine for every change ^^ game is fun because it changes, the only think you allowed to complain its Chronomancer Homicide. xD

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:I believe that speaks volumes about how the players as a whole feel about the changes.

The question is, are players swapping from Scourge to another profession, or just not logging into WvW at all? I never played Scourge in WvW, but I did play Heal Scourge in fractals, and when they first gutted the shade mechanic, that was the last time I ever played Scourge in T4s.

Thats not one of my issues , i live with my ignorance and if i mistake its my own fault , if people are too close minded to rely on metabattle standart lines or 2017 builds , thats not one of my problems , guild and wvw server have dedicated Channel on discord , teamspeak , forum what so ever , and everyone can adapt and update his own build looking at others , or simply opening their build and reading skills effect ^^ , lets stop giving people a reason to whine , where there is no reasons to whine^^

To have explain you my point of view ... Reveal its a skill wich ... mostly GvG guilds or small scale benefit from ... as you dont stealth blast a 50 man blob , there is no point taking Utility googles for blob fights , and about the gvg thingy , gvg players are expected to have certain level of skills and knowledge about game , i am sure they will find out how to fit reveal in their kit without having major losses compared to prepatch scrapper .

Chemical field has bigger and stronger benefit than reveal in a blob fight situation as you can drop poison field on downstates preventing MI to be efficent as it cuts % healing

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:I believe that speaks volumes about how the players as a whole feel about the changes.

The question is, are players swapping from Scourge to another profession, or just not logging into WvW at all? I never played Scourge in WvW, but I did play Heal Scourge in fractals, and when they first gutted the shade mechanic, that was the last time I ever played Scourge in T4s.

in pve pvp the shades thru savant still do 10 targets. only in wvw was the change and the f1 actually cds faster in pve :3 hence it was kinda buffed except in wvw. >3<

@Sovereign.1093 said:

in pve pvp the shades thru savant still do 10 targets. only in wvw was the change and the f1 actually cds faster in pve :3 hence it was kinda buffed except in wvw. >3<

While factually correct, that wasn't my issue at all. As soon as they changed the mechanic where your F2-F5 would only manifest on your shade, or only on yourself without a shade, it effectively killed Heal Scourge in Fractals unless all 5 players are stacked on the mobs (GL with that in your typical LFG), at least for me. It has nothing to do with 10 targets or WvW, but it was collateral damage fro man ill conceived and poorly executed nerf addressed at a completely different game mode.

No more being able to pump out barrier, might, and condi cleanse while also hitting about 10-12k DPS (Shaman/Marshal variant) which is what made it so fun to play.