Ranger Damage

Ten.2617

Yes that is ok. Every class hits harder than that with less effort. Other classes also have many more pressing issues (Engi for example), with their sustain is a far bigger problem than getting hit with a 6K longs shot (which is rare in itself because the average hit does 1-2K, watch any video with a ranger hitting an average target, their damage is pathetic).

Thanks for bringing it!Soulbeast can hit hard in melee and in range, having good survivability, which is wrong and unbalanced (no fun to play).On the other hand I accept Deadeye design (big tradeoff for ultimate range damage) - rangers should be toned down in that direction as well.

@Ashimmu.4219 said:Thanks for bringing it!Soulbeast can hit hard in melee and in range, having good survivability, which is wrong and unbalanced (no fun to play).On the other hand I accept Deadeye design (big tradeoff for ultimate range damage) - rangers should be toned down in that direction as well.

Yes!Agree! They shold get those damage halved and have some trade-off in terms of defence/sustain to reach their best dps numbers.

I was using Berzerker Amulet, and my Corona Burst got only 1225, Orbital Command got only 1749... My best hit with Rifle Auto Attack are 1500 - 2000 on Crit... How can even try stand against 6k auto? Only Wodly Impact hits harder than nearly all Holo skills together... Maul... Enduring Swing...Sometimes the PvP looks boring because those absurds...

In all seriousness though:

1. Ranger struggles competitively. It actually sucks right now and sees a very low representation in higher tier play.
  2. If you're having trouble dealing with glass cannon Rangers, you need to l2p. This stuff is not difficult to counter, especially in this meta.
  3. Every class in the game right is capable of 1HKO bursting or straight 1 to 2 shot KO single strikes. ALL OF THEM. The truth is that kids in GW2 get absolutely raged from anything that deals ranged damage at all. Even if we halved the damage of Long Range Shot and Rapid Fire, you guys would still be in here complaining about Ranger damage. In fact.... I'm having de ja vu I think... didn't this already happen? Oh and look, people are still complaining about ranged damage.

@"JETWING.2759" said:Direct to point...It's Ok those damage at 1500 range?

Those are all single target damaging moves.If you lost the game because your ranger sank that damage into one person, the other four people weren't doing their jobs.That being said, they do a lot of damage, yes. I'm not sure if that warrants a shave just yet though.

@Ashimmu.4219 said:Ranged, I feel, must be lower than melee, because it provides some degree of safety, which must come at a price.

I also lean toward agreeing with this, with some exceptions made if the ranged move is slow or heavily telegraphed

Other than soulbeast only having access to one pet due to their strong bond that the ranger shares with pet boosting their stats when merged being implemented as a proper trade off I don't think ranger really deserves more nerfs. if anything druid needs buffs, such a waste of a cool spec.Also a per having hard cc seems like bit to strong of a passive effect, once merged the ranger aquiring a hard cc from a pet skill seems more balanced.

Sorry but even when ranger had unblockable + larger damage boost its impact was limited in high rank matches so the issue is on your side.

• Multiple professions can reflect all the damage forcing a dodge on most rangers.
  • People do something called using terrain because anything blocks the projectiles. And all the maps allow you to do that!
  • Avoiding/invuln/dodging skills/utilities are present on every meta build. The skill is usually slow enough so that you have time to react.
  • If the skill is going faster with quickness then stunbreaking + regular dodge allows to avoid the damage
  • Other physical professions have faster/higher burst with less obvious warnings

@Ashimmu.4219 said:I compare ranged damage with melee. Ranged, I feel, must be lower than melee, because it provides some degree of safety, which must come at a price.What do you think, Trevor?

Melee damage hits throught walls, and doesnt get obscured by pebbles.It also cant be reflected back, It also doesnt have travel time ( less time to react )

To op. Its not the ranger... its soulbeast. Its pof2win case just like in any other case.guards are fine only fb is broken, thief is fine only de is toxic gameplay, mesmers are fine, mirage is completely broken, ele is fine only weaver is broken, engi is ok, holo is lol and etc. So pretty much this is the case for every class. Pof destroyed pvp with horrible design that shouldnt exists. Mesmers got distortion on dodge, des can 1 shot from range and were given stealth on dodge, sb can cc you more than any1 what made hammer obsolete.Devs made possible that and you are trying to ask them to fix this? They are the root of all this