Getting Knocked Out of an Evade?

Kageseigi.2150

I'm not exactly sure what I'm experiencing. I don't seem to be having any lag issues. But recently, I'm getting hit during evade/evading skills.

I've been stunned/downed in the middle of Dagger Storm, Pistol Whip, and just now, Roll for Initiative.

I know there are specific evade frames, but I get knocked out of Dagger Storm when it is seemingly in full swing. I got downed during Pistol Whip during my Sword strikes. And I got downed toward the end of Roll for Initiative, though I was still in my roll.

Any ideas? Thanks! :-D

@Hannelore.8153 said:You can't evade area denial skills by design, if they hit you, you'll be CC'ed.@Straegen.2938 said:This. Guardian lines are typically the culprit.

Thanks. That can explain some of the team fight issues I've had.

Does a Greatsword Mesmer or an Axe Warrior have any skills that can break through?

I got Stealth-burst by a shatter Mesmer 1v1, and it instantly took most of my health. But I did get a Pistol Whip off (I actually tried to get it off before the burst in anticipation, but waited a split-second too long). My combat log confirmed that I got a successful hit/interrupt of either him or a clone, so I'm guessing I should have been in an evade immediately after, but I was nearly immediately downed instead.

A Warrior also seemed to Eviscerate through in a 1v1. I can't remember if it was through a Pistol Whip or a Dagger Storm, but it caught me off guard that I was on my back instead of finishing my skill.

Alas, I guess I'm going to have to start recording my matches so I can study such events.

Area denial abilities are one thing that do this, but you can also be stunned if you hit someone with shocking aura, and can get down by retaliation if you're not careful. There are also pasives that daze interrupting your channel and also chain pulls... I think those are the most of it.

• 2 weeks later...

@Kageseigi.2150 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:You can't evade area denial skills by design, if they hit you, you'll be CC'ed.@Straegen.2938 said:This. Guardian lines are typically the culprit.

Does a Greatsword Mesmer or an Axe Warrior have any skills that can break through?

I got Stealth-burst by a shatter Mesmer 1v1, and it instantly took most of my health. But I did get a Pistol Whip off (I actually tried to get it off before the burst in anticipation, but waited a split-second too long). My combat log confirmed that I got a successful hit/interrupt of either him or a clone, so I'm guessing I should have been in an evade immediately after, but I was nearly immediately downed instead.

A Warrior also seemed to Eviscerate through in a 1v1. I can't remember if it was through a Pistol Whip or a Dagger Storm, but it caught me off guard that I was on my back instead of finishing my skill.

Alas, I guess I'm going to have to start recording my matches so I can study such events.

There's a mesmer trait that dazes you if you cc them if I remember right. Not seen it played in a while as its in chaos I think, but it totally shuts down pistol whip if it's not on CD.

Wasn't there also a bug with eviscerate recently? Where it would hit through evades? Can't remember if/when it got fixed, but the skill was definitely over performing due to a bug within the last year or so.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

There's a mesmer trait that dazes you if you cc them if I remember right. Not seen it played in a while as its in chaos I think, but it totally shuts down pistol whip if it's not on CD.

Wasn't there also a bug with eviscerate recently? Where it would hit through evades? Can't remember if/when it got fixed, but the skill was definitely over performing due to a bug within the last year or so.

Mesmer cant do it, but warrior can pull you with magebane tetherhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magebane_Tether_(trait_skill)

All the time.Besides AoE warding stuff as was already mentioned I think that Ele has more than one or two CC skills that ignore evade. I seem to experience that mostly from D/D or D/X Eles.Also about PW (and I think DS too) if somebody activates Schocking Aura and you hit them with skill that also evades, like the second part of PW after initial stun, you will get interrupted.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Mesmer cant do it, but warrior can pull you with magebane tether
)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Auspicious_Anguish/history

This is what I was thinking of. Apparently the trait was reworked.

As others have said, it can very difficult to notice those pesky elementalist and guardian terrain creations. There's also some frames at the end of Dagger Storm and Pistol Whip where you can be interrupted/hit. IIRC, roughly the last 0.25 - 0.5 seconds of Dagger Storm no longer grant you evade frames - so if you're in a rush, prepare another dodge right away.

Pistol Whip has the immense cast time (obviously), and the evade frames stop immediately after the last swing (aftercast) - which is where both well-timed Point-Blank Shots and Knockdowns can be aimed at, perhaps the most easily so.