[BUG] Drawn weapons invisible in hand (when hidden in equipment)

Another Bug with Shield, Back-piece and Mounts:

1) Set your Shield to Hide2) Swing your weapons (unsheathe/draw by hitting the "1" button)3) Get on your mount while weapons are drawn

Your SHIELD will NOW be VISIBLE on your back while mounted... but it shouldn't be :wink:

4) Get off of your mount

Nothing is now on your back :astonished: -- not your shield or your back-piece. :-1:

NOTE 1: unsheathed/drawn weapons are not adhering to the Hide option if you mount up when your weapons are drawn. This seems to be happening to all weapons. (I just noticed and tested it with my shield first because shields have always been problematic with the back piece hocus-pocus. :lol:)

NOTE 2: the problem seems to be that when mounting up, our weapons are not triggering the "sheathed" state; therefore, they're visible when the toon is mounted if the weapons were not sheathed before mounting.

Anet,

Please test and fix the above. Thank you. :+1:

I too have been noticing some shenanigans with weapon visibility. I also will mention that I'm in the general habit of sheathing my weapons manually before riding so haven't noticed the riding bug. But then I just started experimenting with these settings a few hours ago.

I've set all of my weapon slots to invisible (those that currently hold weapons, great sword and rifle). When my target runs away, I can switch to shoot them in the back with my invisible rifle. It looks like I'm miming the shooting.

Ok...after saying this, I'm deliberately trying to trigger this and the game isn't cooperating. It seems to be working.

Aha!! When I switch to my mace and shield ( 2, 1-handed), the bug manifests when I switch to my rifle (1, 2-handed) while in combat. That was the behavior I first noticed. So, posting this as is. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...