Priests of Balthazar [PoF spoilers]

WTB Hug.3849

Well, he died super recently, so we don't have any info at the moment. The Zaishen order will likely kick up a fuss, as will the more zealous priests of Balthazar, while the more levelheaded ones would have stuck more to the shadows in light of Balthazar's atrocities. As it is right now, we won't know until a living world episode takes us back to divinity's reach or some other place with heavy Balthazar lore. Hopefully we'll get some info once season 4 starts.

@castlemanic.3198 said:Well, he died super recently, so we don't have any info at the moment. The Zaishen order will likely kick up a fuss, as will the more zealous priests of Balthazar, while the more levelheaded ones would have stuck more to the shadows in light of Balthazar's atrocities. As it is right now, we won't know until a living world episode takes us back to divinity's reach or some other place with heavy Balthazar lore. Hopefully we'll get some info once season 4 starts.

Imagine how they're all going to respond now that they know their gods are gone and have left them. I suspect a panic will occur, unless they quickly replace it with something worth celebrating, such as the finalization of the treaty with the Charr or Queen Jenna getting herself a King.

Some of them joined the Forged/Zaishen in the campaign, so are likely now considered outcasts if they did and survived (there's an event in Crystal Oasis were you got to kill some Balthazar priests that are creating Forged).

I'm rather disappointed they didn't have more division shown in the Priesthood of Balthazar or the Zaishen Order. Also disappointed they apparently forgot the Zaishen Order had become multi-racial in the past 250 years.

From Priestess Karima's dialogue:

Once, the Zaishen order was a powerful guild that fought demonic forces and oversaw tournaments in Balthazar's honor. Now its most zealous followers fight to support his Forged army.

Definitely sounds like they watered them down a bit, although "its most zealous followers" implies that there are less zealous followers somewhere out there who aren't acting like disposable trash mobs with a thinly veiled disposition towards evil. Little did they know that their only purpose in life was to fill up some adventurer's daily heart quest meter.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:Some of them joined the Forged/Zaishen in the campaign, so are likely now considered outcasts if they did and survived (there's an event in Crystal Oasis were you got to kill some Balthazar priests that are creating Forged).

I'm rather disappointed they didn't have more division shown in the Priesthood of Balthazar or the Zaishen Order. Also disappointed they apparently forgot the Zaishen Order had become multi-racial in the past 250 years.

Retconned, I suspect. I don't think the Zaishen becoming multiracial was ever specified ingame, was it?

It was. There were a number of Zaishen NPCs - from all five player races - in Fort Marriner before the attack on Lion's Arch. They never had any dialogue beyond generic greets, and were removed from the game with that update.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zaishenhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zaishen_Trainer

Only two images were taken of their models for the wiki it seems, but the second one is a norn.

Archived