How to create a Barren Wasteland

law.9410

-Promote power creep and poor class balance for years.-Ignore the plight of lower tier servers and allow them to waste away for years.-Discourage people from taking initiative by rewarding players for doing nothing.-Give GARBAGE rewards to players who actually do objectives.-Create massive worlds but promote 99% of the population to gather in 1% of the space.-Promote a SINGLE style of gameplay for the entire population, don't like zergin? gtfo.

Its even affecting T1 now, you get blobs for few hours a day at primetime and then the rest of the time it plays like T3 and lower always have. This is extremely different to the past where there was massive coverage in T1. Its interesting because the servers are still marked as "full" even though I know their population has dropped way off compared to the past like during the year following the release of HoT.

If ArenaNet doesn't do something soon, even deleting tiers won't help, because T1/T2 will be wastelands too. I left JQ just because we kept getting matched against servers that had no players, and zerging 15vs5 just got tiring, and even JQ was getting sparse.

The guarantee of having fights no longer exists, even at the top of the food chain.

@primatos.5413 said:They forgot to take care of the gamemode with the most potential. Might have been a mistake. Other games will come out so only thing to do here is hoping they do better bcz anet won't change anything about wvw treatment.

Unfortunately GW2 is only one of a few games to try to recreate the DAoC experience in the last few decades.

@law.9410 said:-Promote a SINGLE style of gameplay for the entire population, don't like zergin? gtfo.I would actually take offense with that. Anet has over the years listened to complaints about the zerg - in particular with nerfing siege costs and boosting damage when it basicly became unviable for smallscale to siege due to objective creep - and not understanding the effects of their shitty PvE balancing when WvW players start stacking is ignorance, not promotion.

Its the players that has taken this to heart - especially commanders that only want to win - and not Anet.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@primatos.5413 said:They forgot to take care of the gamemode with the most potential. Might have been a mistake. Other games will come out so only thing to do here is hoping they do better bcz anet won't change anything about wvw treatment.

Unfortunately GW2 is only one of a few games to try to recreate the DAoC experience in the last few decades.

Ye gw2 is imo the best WvW/AvA/RvR game out there atm, with a whole 1 game contesting, WvW has so much potential but it keeps getting bad balance changes and poor rewards

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Its even affecting T1 now, you get blobs for few hours a day at primetime and then the rest of the time it plays like T3 and lower always have. This is extremely different to the past where there was massive coverage in T1. Its interesting because the servers are still marked as "full" even though I know their population has dropped way off compared to the past like during the year following the release of HoT.

If ArenaNet doesn't do something soon, even deleting tiers won't help, because T1/T2 will be wastelands too. I left JQ just because we kept getting matched against servers that had no players, and zerging 15vs5 just got tiring, and even JQ was getting sparse.

The guarantee of having fights no longer exists, even at the top of the food chain.

It’s affecting T1 now because the server with the most round the clock coverage, that everyone hates to be against, isn’t in T1.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"law.9410" said:-Promote a SINGLE style of gameplay for the entire population, don't like zergin? gtfo.I would actually take offense with that. Anet has over the years listened to complaints about the zerg - in particular with nerfing siege costs and boosting damage when it basicly became unviable for smallscale to siege due to objective creep - and not understanding the effects of their kitten PvE balancing when WvW players start stacking is ignorance, not promotion.

Its the
players
that has taken this to heart - especially commanders that only want to win - and not Anet.

How many commanders do you even know who want to "win" anymore? From what I hear in discord most of the time now and for the last three years is "I just want bags." Or worse yet, "I just want fights. I don't give a damn about capping...." Your commanders are few and far between that care about "winning". Now all they care about is "having fun". Winning for them is just ...not part of their equation any more.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

@"law.9410" said:-Promote a SINGLE style of gameplay for the entire population, don't like zergin? gtfo.I would actually take offense with that. Anet has over the years listened to complaints about the zerg - in particular with nerfing siege costs and boosting damage when it basicly became unviable for smallscale to siege due to objective creep - and not understanding the effects of their kitten PvE balancing when WvW players start stacking is ignorance, not promotion.

Its the
players
that has taken this to heart - especially commanders that only want to win - and not Anet.

How many commanders do you even know who want to "win" anymore? From what I hear in discord most of the time now and for the last three years is "I just want bags." Or worse yet, "I just want fights. I don't give a kitten about capping...." Your commanders are few and far between that care about "winning". Now all they care about is "having fun". Winning for them is just ...not part of their equation any more.

The worst part has become groups that will deliberately ignore enemies, running past them to get to something more "fun". There's just something "fun" about fighting a zerg across the entire map instead of the "unfun" people farming your towers and PUG defenders.

I remember when this was a wargame and we killed all enemies on sight. But now its just, warclaw fun train.

It must look awfully bad to new players..

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

Its the
players

How many commanders do you even know who want to "win" anymore? From what I hear in discord most of the time now and for the last three years is "I just want bags." Or worse yet, "I just want fights. I don't give a kitten about capping...." Your commanders are few and far between that care about "winning". Now all they care about is "having fun". Winning for them is just ...not part of their equation any more.Fighting and winning = "everybody having fun"Fighting and loosing = "everybody is shit except me I'm too good for these people"

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Its the
players

How many commanders do you even know who want to "win" anymore? From what I hear in discord most of the time now and for the last three years is "I just want bags." Or worse yet, "I just want fights. I don't give a kitten about capping...." Your commanders are few and far between that care about "winning". Now all they care about is "having fun". Winning for them is just ...not part of their equation any more.Fighting and winning = "everybody having fun"Fighting and loosing = "everybody is kitten except me I'm too good for these people"

Hey! Improving isnt part of that equasion, must be hoax!

@law.9410 said:-Promote power creep and poor class balance for years.-Ignore the plight of lower tier servers and allow them to waste away for years.-Discourage people from taking initiative by rewarding players for doing nothing.-Give GARBAGE rewards to players who actually do objectives.-Create massive worlds but promote 99% of the population to gather in 1% of the space.-Promote a SINGLE style of gameplay for the entire population, don't like zergin? gtfo.

funny we get no response whatsoever from devs, it doesn't matter if it's possitive feedback or negative, they do show consistently they don't even care about us anymorethis game is built for the open world farmers, fashion warriors, SINGLE PLAYER STORY MODE fans, and gem spenders, no more room left for veterans who have played this game for years!!

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@law.9410 said:-Promote a SINGLE style of gameplay for the entire population, don't like zergin? gtfo.I would actually take offense with that. Anet has over the years listened to complaints about the zerg - in particular with nerfing siege costs and boosting damage when it basicly became unviable for smallscale to siege due to objective creep - and not understanding the effects of their kitten PvE balancing when WvW players start stacking is ignorance, not promotion.

Its the
players

oh really? so players designed warclaws with 14k extra hp?because idk if you are aware that single piece of kitten ruined havoc playstyle completelyor solo/duo roaming, or even small party roaming because now you can't even cap a camp before a whole zerg comes by on their way to a bigger objective, just to stomp all over you and move on...players designed firebrands? beeing so kitten strong even as a support spec they needed to counter them with scourges just to be able to purge all the insane amount of boons they spread? same with renegades...or how about the nerf to siege like arrow charts? players fault too i guess...and the list could go on and on....

Anet didn't get a handle on population disparities and time zone coverages early on letting players go where they wanted for whatever reason they wanted. The game mode has never recovered from that (especially what those tournaments did). I've got my fingers crossed that alliances just might put some life back into the game. Otherwise its collapse will continue unabated.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Its even affecting T1 now, you get blobs for few hours a day at primetime and then the rest of the time it plays like T3 and lower always have. This is extremely different to the past where there was massive coverage in T1. Its interesting because the servers are still marked as "full" even though I know their population has dropped way off compared to the past like during the year following the release of HoT.

I wonder what constitutes "full"? I mean, if 500 people play WvW on reset and less than half that the rest of the week, is that still considered "full"?

Ranking server populations should be based on the average each tick.

Its full because there is no set threshhold to how many ppl can get into a server like 450/500 for example.The numbers are calculated from the overall wvw population.Low population server can "rise" in population even without ppl joining them, by just having the same amount of players, while all the other servers lose players.

A full server can open, if all the other servers get more players and numbers between them balance out.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

Its the
players

How many commanders do you even know who want to "win" anymore? From what I hear in discord most of the time now and for the last three years is "I just want bags." Or worse yet, "I just want fights. I don't give a kitten about capping...." Your commanders are few and far between that care about "winning". Now all they care about is "having fun". Winning for them is just ...not part of their equation any more.

Well, there is no incentive to win, except maybe whats left of server pride. When you drop tiers, and land in a place where you have nothing to fight, you win and go back to the tiers with fights automatically.

So why do stuff that you dont like, when you can do stuff thats fun for you?

And if the majority of the zerg wanted to defend they can just open their own tag and defend, but guess what, they keep following the commander that wants to fight. Its anets fault for not giving anything for winning (more pips? Wow)Its a video game, ppl play it to have fun.

Giving more rewards for winning promotes winning team joiners, which is not wanted aswell tho.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Its full because there is no set threshhold to how many ppl can get into a server like 450/500 for example.The numbers are calculated from the overall wvw population.Low population server can "rise" in population even without ppl joining them, by just having the same amount of players, while all the other servers lose players.

A full server can open, if all the other servers get more players and numbers between them balance out.

Its the
players

Well, there is no incentive to win, except maybe whats left of server pride. When you drop tiers, and land in a place where you have nothing to fight, you win and go back to the tiers with fights automatically.

So why do stuff that you dont like, when you can do stuff thats fun for you?

And if the majority of the zerg wanted to defend they can just open their own tag and defend, but guess what, they keep following the commander that wants to fight. Its anets fault for not giving anything for winning (more pips? Wow)Its a video game, ppl play it to have fun.

Giving more rewards for winning promotes winning team joiners, which is not wanted aswell tho.

Exactly. I don't like this idea of "if only rewards were better wvw would make gw2 super popular" ...Like... You think you can entice new players to play gw2 by giving them better rewards?? No. Wvw is about FUN. NOTHING ELSE! You shouldn't be able to get rich quick by playing 1 game mode in an mmorpg. You want money? Stop playing wvw just for pips. You want fun open world fights in all kinds of interesting scenarios?? Go wvw! Anet has to make wvw even more enjoyable, not give better rewards.

@law.9410 said:-Promote power creep and poor class balance for years.-Ignore the plight of lower tier servers and allow them to waste away for years.-Discourage people from taking initiative by rewarding players for doing nothing.-Give GARBAGE rewards to players who actually do objectives.-Create massive worlds but promote 99% of the population to gather in 1% of the space.-Promote a SINGLE style of gameplay for the entire population, don't like zergin? gtfo.

This. RIP Guild Wars. That review on Glass Door was right: Mike O'Brien lost interest in the game, instead turning it into a cash cow so that he could amass great personal wealth and form a new studio. Avoid Manaworks like the plague, folks.