Anyone test death magic with core necro and get it to work?

Axl.8924

So I was thinking of testing in unranked PVP having core necro with death magic. I faced a warrior got floored got downed repeatedly by rangers too.

I am trying to play condi necro core because i enjoy condi a lot i like the feel of being boon corrupting necro.

I love reaper but core necro with condis is closer to what an evil necromancer magic-user is.

At this point i need something because i get insta bursted down before i can escape or leave. Its basically this:

Mesmer or warrior or ranger sees me kills me instantly before i can escape free kill.

You try to escape with wurm? not for long it delays the inevitable death core is terrible.

Ye warrior can kill you no matter what defensive spells or traits you take. In my experience you have better chances winning vs war if you take more dmg and kill him faster, no extra deff from necro traits will help you since war will win in long run-best defense is good offence. As for DM, as ppl said, core necro is already more tanky so there are other options that compliment it more than DM in pvp (and even taking DM wont solve any necro weakness, just little prolonge it). While reaper is less tanky as standard but also can do more dmg, i feel DM is more suitable to take as reaper.

I was in spvp unrated and faced a mesmer with GS no matter what i did i could not survive because got cced blown up, just feels awful.I know im not a great player by any means, or good, but trying to survive because as soon as im targetted with core i'm dead it doesn't matter, and feeling like i have 0 control over being able to play just makes me want to quit SPVP for good on necro.

@KrHome.1920 said:DM is bad against burst and so quite useless against burst encounters.

Necro in general is bad against burst, but I'd say that Dark Defiance (protection on CC) can be pretty decent against burst, because a lot of burst relies on CC, so at least you have protection when that happens.

@"Nimon.7840" said:

The craze about bloodmagic?Core is already pretty tanky, so why add more tankyness if you can get tankyness from sustain

Blood magic is mainly defensive and "sustainy" and when you think about it, isn't that much different from taking Death Magic, except Death Magic makes you even more tanky against both power and condi.

@"Axl.8924" said:At this point i need something because i get insta bursted down before i can escape or leave. Its basically this:

Mesmer or warrior or ranger sees me kills me instantly before i can escape free kill.

You try to escape with wurm? not for long it delays the inevitable death core is terrible.How do you usually approach fights? Do you run close to the point or do you try to hide around the periphery of the fight? If you hide on the periphery, do you still get killed? What you could try (maybe), is Runes of Speed (makes you run really fast when you have swiftness). This makes you a lot more mobile and you can escape more easily because things can't catch you as well, especially warriors. You will be pretty tanky if you do this. I'm not sure how your damage will be with a setup like that, but at least you should survive better and see then see how it goes from there...

What you could also try and do when you see Mesmers is.... when they stealth, try and go into shroud as soon as you can (if you have a decent amount of life force). They will almost certainly try and burst you when they stealth, but if you have shroud, they can't do that as well and you should survive their burst. From that point, count your blessings and see how it goes. Or you could try and run the other direction as fast as you can when they stealth, or hide behind line of sight. In any case, I would try and go into shroud just as another layer of protection.

Two more things.... they usually do a lot of damage when they use two of their greatsword skills - Mirror Blade (animation: they lift their hands and throw a sword) and Phantasmal Berserker (animation: they spin around). Dodge immediately if you see them use any of these two. Just as an example, in this video you can see sort of what the skills look like:

It's skill #2, and skill #4. When you see these, try and dodgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :P . They are usually followed up with more damage.