Would you like a new dungeon? Or maybe a new raid, strike, or fractal?

Bron.9647

Would you like to see a new dungeon in the game? Maybe one in a HoT or PoF map? They haven't added any dungeons since the game was released (at least no permanent ones). The only persistent change to dungeons has been the addition of the Aetherblade path in Twilight Arbor (which is way too difficult IMO). I personally would love to see a new dungeon added to the game, especially in one of the expansions. Maybe even require glider or bouncy mushroom usage for a HoT dungeon or mount usage for a PoF dungeon.

EDIT: I would also like to hear your ideas for new dungeons, raids, fractals, or strikes. What do you want to see?

It would be cool to have some instanced content in the open world that isn't just essentially a boss fight or story mission, but explorable and with multiple encounters and events. I just miss the feeling of that. Having people stand at the entrance and all.

But Fractals exist and they do essentially that already so it won't happen.

Why does it have to be only one of the instanced options? I'd vote for "Yes, slowly redo/reblance old dungeons (including rewards) and then eventually add new ones themed around the expansions while they refocus their work on new Fractals and raids. With proper schedules and all" if it existed. The likelihood of this refocus happening, let alone anything about dungeons, is a different story entirely.

We all know (well veteran players at least) that fractals are the "new" dungeons. BUT ! it doesn't provide the same type of content that dungeon did.

• armor
  • legendary gift
  • weapons
  • Tonics (LUL)

While strikes could be considered as a smoll dungeon too ... to me it doesn't provide the same things either. While exclusive skin as a reward is great tho.

That's why I voted for a new dungeon :D

@Fueki.4753 said:I'd really like more dungeons.The game needs more casual instanced content (and no, Strikes aren't).

I do hope you are joking, or you forgot to use /sarcasm. Strikes are like, imo, Tier 1 Fractal bosses. They are the casual instanced content as you can get. Lower than that, its pressing 1111111111 in Open World at meta events.

@SidewayS.3789 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:The game needs more casual instanced content (and no, Strikes aren't).

They are the casual instanced content as you can get.

Moreover, Strike missions can be joined without forming a group first and they are a single boss fight that takes 10 minutes. Dungeons require groups to form, take vastly longer than strike missions to complete and have some much harder/challenging bosses and encounters because they are created for actual teams in mind and not 10 solo players coming together to beat a boss.

Strike Missions are more casual content than dungeons or fractals can ever be.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Strike Missions are more casual content than dungeons or fractals can ever be.

What's hilarious is that casuals can still mess up braindead Strike fights like pre-buff Boneskinner. The first time I ran Boneskinner I was in a group of 7 people, all in there for the first time. We easily hit gold. A few days later, I decided to help a random group asking for more in map chat. We had a full 10, with pretty decent class balance. Some idiot kept pulling before I could fully respec to druid, and before several of us could work up a full stack of 30 essences from the pylon. I at least managed to change a couple utilities the second go around, and we made it (but didn't make gold).

The saving grace of Strike Missions is that they don't take long to set up or try again. It's what makes the bad pug groups more tolerable than they would be for a proper dungeon or raid.

I like dungeons the way they are - the vast majority of players I meet in dungeons are experienced with the content, or are totally new to it all. Either way, any problems tend to take care of themselves quickly: new players willing to learn (both the max speed run ways or how to clear the dungeon as designed) do well, and new players who don't read or respond to chat get left behind. As dungeons are now, the kind of super casual player that thinks it's okay to do less than 900 dps as a deadeye tends not to join groups. If they add dungeons as new content, I shudder to think of the initial surge of such players showing up, then complaining loudly that Anet makes the game too hard. Waste of dev resources at this point, I say.

I would like to see the addition of dungeons. Fractals are too short and I really enjoyed the multiple paths and the open-ended exploration feeling of the instances. If anything Fractals feel a bit more like running from A to B whereas dungeons feel like explorable instances.

@"Taygus.4571" said:you have no vote .. that simply says "no dungeons".

I figured that if you didn't want dungeons you would want something else. If you don't want anything, there's an option for that too, but I was hoping you would pick something. What do you want most?

All of them need to have releases, as they are types of instanced content that offer a variety of play styles.

Strikes are the ones that are currently getting the most attention, and rightly so because they are new and there needs to be a good baseline amount of them. They are also an efficient use of resources because they recycle story content that would otherwise be only used for one play-through worth of content. However, I believe that they need their own currency with more exclusive rewards, as well as weekly CMs.

Raids are nice for a portion of the playerbase, but having one every 9 months is obviously not going to be enough as things currently stand. However, if they make strike CMs they could get away with keeping raid wings to 1 per 9 months. It wouldn't be so bad. The way rewards are structured is pretty good there so I wouldn't change that. However, CMs should probably be repeatable for rewards on a monthly basis I believe, instead of being one and done.

Fractals have not been getting nearly enough attention recently, considering they are the only 5-man content being developed. Anet really needs to start releasing them again until they manage to get all 25 scales in a tier to have different fractals. Not all fractals need to be made into mob spam fiestas, or even necessarily harder than previous fractals. We just need that variety. I am not sure what to do with CMs. If they made too many CMs it would lead to daily bloat for the most skilled players. Imagine 25 scales of CMs. I have no idea how to deal with this. As for rewards, there need to be more rewards released regularly. It's a huge shame that there still is no fractal armor set.

Dungeons are dead content, but it would be nice if they started releasing new ones again. It would make for an alternative style of 5-man content without the need for agony, fractal potions or needing to have different instabs every day. But they are longer and more tied to the story. They also fit very well thematically with the far shiverpeaks, because EotN was the expansion that introduced many dungeons, and they could be used as content instead of always having their entrances covered in rubble. In addition, dungeons could be the continuation of 5-man content after all the fractal scales have been implemented. Having different paths should simply be optional, depending if it fits the particular dungeon. Some dungeons could just be a single path, while some could have multiple. Rewards should probably function similarly to core dungeons, but with a few more additions to make them more enticing.

@Bron.9647 said:

@"Taygus.4571" said:you have no vote .. that simply says "no dungeons".

I figured that if you didn't want dungeons you would want something else. If you don't want anything, there's an option for that too, but I was hoping you would pick
something
. What do you want most?

yeah..but you seperated, raids, fractals and strikes.And put a "don't more of anything option" You didn't give a combined option.

I want raids and fractals. And strikes to have decent rewards.

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:you have no vote .. that simply says "no dungeons".

I figured that if you didn't want dungeons you would want something else. If you don't want anything, there's an option for that too, but I was hoping you would pick
something
. What do you want most?

yeah..but you seperated, raids, fractals and strikes.And put a "don't more of anything option" You didn't give a combined option.

I want raids and fractals. And strikes to have decent rewards.

What would be a decent reward after doing a strike?

@Fueki.4753 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:What would be a decent reward after doing a strike?Rares and/or exotics, maybe monetary reward.

Even NEW and UNIQUE ARMOUR SETS would be nice.But the art team is busy making skins and outfits for the gem shop.

Sure, 1 random rare or exotic added to current rewards sounds decent enough.

Considering that dhuum raid boss gives 2 gold and 1 random exotic every week, strike rewards cant be that high.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:What would be a decent reward after doing a strike?Rares and/or exotics, maybe monetary reward.

Even NEW and UNIQUE ARMOUR SETS would be nice.But the art team is busy making skins and outfits for the gem shop.

Sure, 1 random rare or exotic added to current rewards sounds decent enough.

Considering that dhuum raid boss gives 2 gold and 1 random exotic every week, strike rewards cant be that high.Doesn't Dhuum also give Ascended stuff and ingredients for legendary items?That aside, raising raid loot is not impossible.