Fractal Armor — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Fractal Armor

Bron.9647Bron.9647 Member ✭✭
edited December 9, 2019 in Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids

Personally, I think some fractal armor would be pretty cool. We already have fractal weapons, so why not add armor to that? Also, it would be nice to be able to buy the weapons and armor (if armor were added) with fractal relics.

EDIT: If you have any ideas for what you would like a set of fractal armor to look like, please share.

Comments

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'd like some new armour in general.
    But all the design quality goes to the gem shop for Outfits anyway.

    I'm still mostly using Vanilla armour on those classes that don't wear the Monk Outfit (which is the only outfit I like).

  • Well ... we could consider that the standard ascended armor skin IS the fractal armor tho. Since it was the first way to obtain it (beside crafting)

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

    how I understand it will be introduced in middle of 2020 whit new fractal. Will see.

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @lare.5129 said:
    how I understand it will be introduced in middle of 2020 whit new fractal. Will see.

    What "it" is there to be understood? They haven't announced anything in that direction. They didn't even mention fractals at all.

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    They didn't even mention fractals at all.

    They did it.

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    They didn't even mention fractals at all.

    They did it.

    Yes, in one statement: "Fractals & Raids are not off the table."
    No official comment about a fractal armor. At least I found nothing that supports this idea with emphasis.

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vinceman.4572 said:

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    They didn't even mention fractals at all.

    They did it.

    Yes, in one statement: "Fractals & Raids are not off the table."
    No official comment about a fractal armor. At least I found nothing that supports this idea with emphasis.

    Agree with Vinceman here @lare.5129 source or it dident happen.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2019

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    No official comment about a fractal armor. At least I found nothing that supports this idea with emphasis.

    ofc not, but I am sure that will be common silver and gold collection. This is based on logical way.

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    No official comment about a fractal armor. At least I found nothing that supports this idea with emphasis.

    ofc not, but I am sure that will be common silver and gold collection. This is based on logical way.

    Sry but "more fractals" != new armor. We got several fractals over the years and all the time the armor was desired heavily and never realized.
    So, just assumptions from your side. That has nothing to do with logic because otherwise we would have had 3-4 fractal armor sets already.

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • HardRider.2980HardRider.2980 Member ✭✭✭

    We all want it.. There has been quite a few "Fractal" based armour designs out there made by fans. But let's be real.. If they ever do.. IF.. it's going to be a lazy outfit that's going to be gemstore based because screw armour and ingame rewards right.

    A City of Heroes never die... A City of Villains will never surrender... Neither City will be forgotten.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2019

    That was over 2 months ago. Last month we've got something else though

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/dyofr5/we_wont_get_any_fractals_raids_or_legendaries/

    We're now in the "not off the table but not actively working on them" stage, i am afraid.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Bron.9647Bron.9647 Member ✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    That was over 2 months ago. Last month we've got something else though

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/dyofr5/we_wont_get_any_fractals_raids_or_legendaries/

    We're now in the "not off the table but not actively working on them" stage, i am afraid.

    That's good to know, but we can still talk about what we would like to see when they start making more again. And maybe if we can show there is enough interest, they may bring them back again sooner than expected or give a little more attention to them when they do bring them back. Even though they're not planning on working on them right now, there is still plenty of value in talking about what we would like to see in the game.

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bron.9647 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    That was over 2 months ago. Last month we've got something else though

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/dyofr5/we_wont_get_any_fractals_raids_or_legendaries/

    We're now in the "not off the table but not actively working on them" stage, i am afraid.

    That's good to know, but we can still talk about what we would like to see when they start making more again. And maybe if we can show there is enough interest, they may bring them back again sooner than expected or give a little more attention to them when they do bring them back. Even though they're not planning on working on them right now, there is still plenty of value in talking about what we would like to see in the game.

    Your mindset is right but don't forget that this community has asked for dungeons over years - no joke. I was one of them. Great power of endurance to you but almost all the people from back then are gone or just gave up.

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2019

    i wonder what kind ugliness they will come, the fractal legendary back is the only one i didnt farmed due to horrible look, also for weapons.

    Fractal is a content with difficult above open-world, so the armor/weapons/stuff should had better "look".

    Same for PVP in most games the "pvp armor" is kinda distinct and look cool, but our pvp armor make u look more like a clown than some sort of "pvp fearsome champion", the heavy legs is the most attrocious.

    i will do justice for the new mistforged weapons, is a good starting point. also i like the wvw armor.

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2019

    @ugrakarma.9416 said:
    our pvp armor make u look more like a clown than some sort of "pvp fearsome champion"

    Clown armour actually fits GW2's pvp, as it's a clown festival anyway.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    Your mindset is right but don't forget that this community has asked for dungeons over years - no joke. I was one of them. Great power of endurance to you but almost all the people from back then are gone or just gave up.

    This is big difference. Dungeons a perfect and don't need any changes, and each dungion have his own collection . The fractal collecton cuurently have onyl 2 weapons collection, so we can be sure waht will have soon, as I say on mid 2020, or in 2021 the armor collection . To check is my assumption is wrong or true we can't say now.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

    on charr it looks great. Aslo no one can be sure that new fractal armor will be weared only charrs or asura.

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2019

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    Your mindset is right but don't forget that this community has asked for dungeons over years - no joke. I was one of them. Great power of endurance to you but almost all the people from back then are gone or just gave up.

    This is big difference. Dungeons a perfect and don't need any changes, and each dungion have his own collection . The fractal collecton cuurently have onyl 2 weapons collection, so we can be sure waht will have soon, as I say on mid 2020, or in 2021 the armor collection . To check is my assumption is wrong or true we can't say now.

    I didn't write anything about existent content. I talked about new ones. Please don't cite me in the future. It is really annoying to discuss with you as you don't understand many things neither. Ty in advance.

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

    ok, if someone have more additional questions, about gold and silver fractal arm or sets - welcome.
    Also I am sure that one of reagent to buy it will be agony. But how say very strange think that this is will happen nearest week.

  • Bron.9647Bron.9647 Member ✭✭

    @lare.5129 said:
    Also I am sure that one of reagent to buy it will be agony.

    I could definitely see agony resist infusions being used as a currency (at least the +1 infusions), in addition to fractal relics, to buy armor.

  • Bron.9647Bron.9647 Member ✭✭

    Does anyone have any ideas for what they would like a set of fractal armor to look like?

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2019

    I like this old picture, it is for medium from reddit.

    Edit
    If I would change anything its the half side butt cloth.
    But then again its in line with how anet do them so it will probabely end up like that or full cloth.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Keep in mind that new armor is the most expensive item they can to the game, in terms of development resources, which is why we don't get armor sets outside of expansions. And since Fractals cannot be monetized properly (if at all) it's highly unlikely that a new armor set for Fractals will be created. Maybe if they added requirements to craft it in the living world zones, like how legendary armor requires heart of thorns it could work better

  • As I said before, just because they're not working on this currently does not mean there is not value in talking about it. If we continue to discuss a topic, it shows them that we are interested and should give them some ideas of what we would like to see with regards to fractal armor. As for them not introducing new armors outside of expansions, that's not true. They release individual armor pieces all the time and even released a whole armor set for Living Story Season 4, the Corsair armor set:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corsair_armor