Utility Goggles bug?

DrDoctor.8091

I don't know if this was intentional or they forgot about it, but if you use the Gadgeteer trait in Tools, you get the old version of Utility Goggles (Fury and immunity to blindness) + might, but without the trait it's resistance and blindness removal. Is this a bug or intentional? Kinda weird they didn't change the UG while it's traited or even the Lesser Utility Goggles trait. I'm aware not a lot of people use it, but I am just curious.

It's obviously a bug since the difference wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. I prefer they keep it this way, except for the Detection Pulse change since Analyze is garbo. Everyone would rather take extra dodging or quickness anyway, so at least there's some form of choice.

It's not at all surprising the devs forgot about Lesser UG and UG. If they actually played core engi (hint: they don't), we wouldn't have seen half of the changes we got over the last 3 years butchering the class.

@XenoSpyro.1780 said:It's obviously a bug since the difference wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. I prefer they keep it this way, except for the Detection Pulse change since Analyze is garbo. Everyone would rather take extra dodging or quickness anyway, so at least there's some form of choice.

It's not at all surprising the devs forgot about Lesser UG and UG. If they actually played core engi (hint: they don't), we wouldn't have seen half of the changes we got over the last 3 years butchering the class.

If they played Holosmith, they would know that some HS traits need a rework or buff. Examples: Photonic Blasting Module on Grandmaster tier and buff or reworkCrystal Configuration: Storm on master tier lol.

While we are at it, can we also discuss how bad this skill is now? 2 seconds of resistance and a single blind removal is nowhere near Balanced for a 30 second stun break. If these are the final values for this skill, drop the CD to 15-20 seconds. It would then at least be analogous with Outrage and Bandit’s defense in this scenario (and still worse than either of these).

I actually get more value out of the old version, as 10 seconds of blind immunity and Fury is far more useful than 2 seconds of resistance...

@"Julius Seizure.4985" said:While we are at it, can we also discuss how bad this skill is now? 2 seconds of resistance and a single blind removal is nowhere near Balanced for a 30 second stun break. If these are the final values for this skill, drop the CD to 15-20 seconds. It would then at least be analogous with Outrage and Bandit’s defense in this scenario (and still worse than either of these).

I actually get more value out of the old version, as 10 seconds of blind immunity and Fury is far more useful than 2 seconds of resistance...

it's crazy how they lend themselves to "adjust" (aka nerf) skills and traits that are already in terrible shape..

• 4 weeks later...

@Chaith.8256 said:I just logged in and used traited utility goggles in a PvP match.. it just gives no resistance (only protection). Still horrendously, indefensively bugged a month later lol

Yep. It's a shame, I was looking forward to testing with it and getting away from the Alchemy line, even for just a little bit of time. But my dreams were crushed. FeelsBadMan