Sigil of Agility - One step forward, Two step back (Cooldown is too high.)

Shao.7236

So with the new patch, I thought they were going to remove that entirely but they kept it, which is a nice healthy change though with it's old cooldown with the new quickness values, the nerf overdoes it.

Adjusting the values to 9 seconds like the PvE one should be done so that it actually balance the nerf out.

Most people only picked it for the Quickness, which is understandable, but some others also enjoy the swiftness with the boon duration, so doing would not kick it out of viability entirely. Max boon duration does introduce 10 seconds of Swiftness and 2 seconds of Quickness which is far from OP, it allows for much more build diversity given that mobility is often what makes a lot of things less likely to be picked up.

Please let it happen so I can enjoy not having to always pick Rapid Flow or Movement Speed runes all the time, it's so annoying. Sincerely a Revenant main.

But seriously, making it completely unviable because you nerf it without considering the latter of other factors has been something Anet did a lot and it would be great that it doesn't happen all the time.

@Tharan.9085 said:Wait, you think its unviable? And why should they make the icd 9s, wouldnt that actually be stronger then before the nerfs?

Is 1 second of Quickness really that helpful to you every 18 seconds when you can get cleansed twice, have 4 Might constantly or even restore 50% Endurance in that amount of time? For me, not really but the Swiftness is something nice that definitely doesn't cost 18 seconds worth of wait for, nor the Quickness IMO. If you wanted to have Max Boon Duration, it has a lot of drawbacks that even if you got that 2 seconds of Swiftness back, you'd lose on the other things that made it stronger back then.

@Yannir.4132 said:How about getting rid of the Quickness completely? Just having the Swiftness on it, I could see this going to 9 seconds.

Sounds good to me. Even though Quickness seems to be more overrated the more people post. The difference it would make is only upon a few professions if you look at the bigger pictures.

Only those who can trigger sigil proc while staying on the same weapon really can benefit from a lower CD. The rest is pretty much the same as before with lower Quickness.

Who could benefit from such sigil at best would be;

ElementalistEngineerWarriorRevenantFirebrand

Edit: Add Ranger too with picking up stuff I think?

@Yannir.4132 said:I think the point would mostly be to eliminate Quickness from classes that aren't designed to play with it. Quickness kinda breaks class design when it's implemented in a sigil/rune. It's fine for PvE but it brings out unwanted interactions in the PvP modes.

Agility in PvE and WvW always have been 5 sec Swift and 1 Quickness given the wider control over stats it's balanced. So in PvP why would it not be? 2 seconds was over kill comparably to utility that give at best, 5 seconds without boon duration. I'm just intrigued.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:How about getting rid of the Quickness completely? Just having the Swiftness on it, I could see this going to 9 seconds.

Sounds good to me. Even though Quickness seems to be more overrated the more people post. The difference it would make is only upon a few professions if you look at the bigger pictures.

Only those who can trigger sigil proc while staying on the same weapon really can benefit from a lower CD. The rest is pretty much the same as before with lower Quickness.

Who could benefit from such sigil at best would be;

ElementalistEngineerWarriorRevenantFirebrand

Edit: Add Ranger too with picking up stuff I think?

the reason agil is used for some of the classes is to CC, switch weapon, and burst druing its small quickness window.

@"DonkeyHaxor.4052" said:why would u want to "balance" the nerf out? isnt the point of a nerf to make something worse so people dont play it? seems counter productive to then buff it after to make it viable again..

Weird definition of nerf :scream:A nerf should have the intention to make something more skillbased in general and not overperforming in relation to other builds/ classes. A nerf never should have the intention to make something unplayable/unused. Maybe Anet sometimes forget that too when they just nerf stuff to death instead just reworking the unhealthy mechanic into something not broken but useful. Nerfing something to death to fix a balance issue is ofc way faster and easier then the effort to work out a different mechanic.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:Wait, you think its unviable? And why should they make the icd 9s, wouldnt that actually be stronger then before the nerfs?

Is 1 second of Quickness really that helpful to you every 18 seconds when you can get cleansed twice, have 4 Might constantly or even restore 50% Endurance in that amount of time? For me, not really but the Swiftness is something nice that definitely doesn't cost 18 seconds worth of wait for, nor the Quickness IMO. If you wanted to have Max Boon Duration, it has a lot of drawbacks that even if you got that 2 seconds of Swiftness back, you'd lose on the other things that made it stronger back then.

Try landing guard gs2 without that quickness.

Because by it's old design 18 seconds would perfectly fit most professions with 2 seconds that could be turned into 4 seconds, was pretty strong.

Now not anymore, small chunks of quickness are still going to be used in the same way as the old for 60% of professions with only enough time for 1 skill each.

The other 40% that can stick to the same weapon set and proc sigil can see use in that swiftness as well as quickness if it stays.

It's just my opinion that this sigil should be equal as it's PvE/WvW counter part because not only it's not as popular nor used into those modes, but it also proves that it's not as OP because majority won't be able to proc it like others can anyway just like some other sigils, I'm trying to keep this one relevant because right now it's ultimately unattractive in the 40%.

Some will say that all sigils should be equal, well no.

Everything that comes to sigils and runes have had more or less use for certain professions and I don't see why this one should be of exception. Because if that was the case, every single sigils would have 18 seconds cooldown, which I hope they never do. Some sigils have longer cooldown because their effects are worth this much more, 1 second quickness with 5 swiftness is definitely not worth 18 seconds.