Salvation Balance Discussion: Serene Rejuvenation and Selfless Amplification traits should swap

CadeRG.4508

Serene Rejuvenation is a minor trait in the Salvation line. It makes it so the Revenant's outgoing healing to allies is increased, but more importantly, it makes the Natural Harmony apply Alacrity to allies in its radius. Selfless Amplification simply converts your healing power to outgoing healing.

The problem I find with this is that Serene Rejuvenation is a minor trait that basically forces the Revenant to use Ventari, while Selfless Amplification is useful to any Revenant builds with healing power. Minor traits should account for all kinds of builds, which is why I think Selfless Amplification should be a minor trait instead of a GM. Likewise, many GM traits define builds by fundamentally changing the way certain skills work (just look at Holosmith). As a result, Serene Rejuvenation should be placed as an optional GM major trait. This would make builds not using Ventari not feel so gimped by taking the Salvation line (a large portion of the line is selfish defensive traits anyway).

I'd say Selfless Amplification is too strong of a trait to be a GM. At least in PvE/WvW, where you can get a modifier beyond 30%. Although I see what you are getting at, if you are speaking of making the minor traits more versatile for the sake of build diversity, SA is still very specific to healing builds. Serene Rejuvenation has both the healing modifier and the alacrity component, which is arguably more flexible than a healing modifier whose effectiveness is dependent upon the user's healing power.

I see your point, but if they shifted the Alacrity to a GM, it would be nice to have that component replaced by something actually more versatile. Something like reduced cooldown on healing skills. Frankly, when I play Ventari in WvW, I couldn't care less about the alacrity except for when speeding up siege. In fights, I am only using Natural Harmony for the heal, not the alacrity. I would much rather have a reduced cooldown on Ventari's Will, and having a reduced cooldown on all heal skills would greatly benefit all builds, not just healers. But hey, I speak from a WvW/PvP perspective, not PvE. It would probably be a pretty big nerf for healers in PvE.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:The Alacrity trait is useless, Renegade can put out permanent Alacrity without wasting nearly as much time and energy. Anyone who is chosing this trait would do so only for the healing bonus which makes it unsuitable for a Grandmaster-level trait.

indeed. They should remove the alacrity trait and just put the Life Attunements (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Life_Attunement) Increased Healingpower based on (insert stat here) back, not giving Concentration for the boons that ventari doesnt give.

@Hannelore.8153 said:The Alacrity trait is useless, Renegade can put out permanent Alacrity without wasting nearly as much time and energy. Anyone who is chosing this trait would do so only for the healing bonus which makes it unsuitable for a Grandmaster-level trait.

Alacrity is not meant to be used like you do with Renegade or Squads. It's there to help you managing the Tablet skills better if you're near it. At a distance otherwise, it's Anet way to make it more difficult.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:The Alacrity trait is useless, Renegade can put out permanent Alacrity without wasting nearly as much time and energy. Anyone who is chosing this trait would do so only for the healing bonus which makes it unsuitable for a Grandmaster-level trait.

Alacrity is not meant to be used like you do with Renegade or Squads. It's there to help you managing the Tablet skills better if you're near it. At a distance otherwise, it's Anet way to make it more difficult.

Tbh it felt to me like more of a shot on a dartboard of, "Uhh, who can we give alacrity to so we can make Chronos less good in PvE?" Never made sense to me. Felt more like diluted bandaid homogenization to the game because of the PvE metagame.

@Mogwai.4015 said:

Tbh it felt to me like more of a shot on a dartboard of, "Uhh, who can we give alacrity to so we can make Chronos less good in PvE?" Never made sense to me. Felt more like diluted bandaid homogenization to the game because of the PvE metagame.

Trying to use the Tablet without any Alacrity is awful, I'm glad they added it this way, the ability to share it is just an extra benefit.

Unyielding Devotion for example is meant to be ran with Vengeful Hammers or traits like Replenishing Despair, Assassin's Annihilation or even Rapid Flow because even if it's a small healing portion, the damage reduction results in more than protection that cannot be stripped.

If you're Herald, it's not really good compared Selfless Amplification. Which then you are likely to pick Resilient Spirit instead of Invoking Harmony because Herald gets a lot of boons up easily while there's other means to get Healing, one is likely to pick Hardening Persistence because of the shield.

The latter of some traits usually encourage people to swap legends often which is good in between, especially since Ventari can easily be spread out in between legends.

Herald is arguably more rewarding to players that can camp it compared other legends.

Tablet is awful. It can be ok in pve, but in wvw it is really hell to use as it does not only depend on your skill but also to your allies ability to stack. But what is worse than the tablet is the healing orbs. People eat dmg like hamburgers yet they have the ability to matrix-dodge the friggin orbs every time.

@alain.1659 said:Tablet is awful. It can be ok in pve, but in wvw it is really hell to use as it does not only depend on your skill but also to your allies ability to stack. But what is worse than the tablet is the healing orbs. People eat dmg like hamburgers yet they have the ability to matrix-dodge the friggin orbs every time.

Well the team needs to play with your tablet, they need to be aware of that to actually work but but so u need also to call tablet cause tablet visuals to the team is horrible,barely can be noticed due it’s pale colors and size.

I’ve been in situations where tablet selects party to heal from the alacrity selection, Putin’s other and closer players from the party that actually need heal on a ignore list.

The way this game works is frustrating.