Official capes discussion thread — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Official capes discussion thread

Since there are a lot of cape threads in the discussion forum and a lot of good ideas being shared, we've created one central thread and merged some of the other threads to keep the conversation going in one place.

Reminder that we welcome all forms of feedback, both positive and negative, as long as it is respectful and constructive. You can check this post about providing good feedback: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/317/how-to-give-good-feedback

Tagged:
<134567

Comments

• Capes are really in GW 2!!! :o=)<3

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Elric.4713 said:
    Oh what a surprise, they're selling capes on the BLC store.

That doesn't mean we will never see them ingame normally. Also guild cape is available ingame. Still a very nice addition regardless.

Bite me.

• Swing.6439Swing.6439 Member ✭✭✭

ah..i got so excited..and then the gem store...
    I was hoping so much it was guild capes..haven't had my spirit shot down like that since I heard there was no expansion coming.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Elric.4713 said:

That doesn't mean we will never see them ingame normally. Also guild cape is available ingame. Still a very nice addition regardless.

From what I heard, the guild cape is like a bib.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Cool. I’ll have a look later and see if it suits any of my toons

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Swing.6439 said:
    I was hoping so much it was guild capes..haven't had my spirit shot down like that since I heard there was no expansion coming.

This is perfect we don't have to gamble with black lion chests, we can buy directly! :D I bought mine and has 4 dye channels! It looks amazing!

• Udolpho.1209Udolpho.1209 Member ✭✭✭

...I am too shocked to properly formulate speech. The world is topsy-turvy. WHAT IS HAPPENING!

If it's a backpiece, how do we dye it? Is it considered shoulders?

• No, it's not shoulders, or at least not in the preview, because I've still got my shoulder armor on.

Some decent qol features this week. The ele ooc weapon swap is one I’ve asked for for years.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@lokh.2695 said:
    At least the "CAPESNAOPLOX!!!!!!!!"-threads can end now....

And the “MOARCAPESNAOPLOX!!!!!!!’” will begin...

I figured that myself while typing...
    also "Why no cape for [enter your personal favorite content/story/race/region/whatever] ANet? U crazy?!?!?!?!?!?!?"-Threads and "Why can't we dye backpieces"-threads.

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

...So, not only CAPES, but DYEABLE backpieces too? WHAT IS HAPPENING!

• @Swing.6439 said:

I saw someone link a cape called "Basic Guild Cape". And yes it looks like a far lesser version of the gem store one as expected.... :/

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:
    Some decent qol features this week. The ele ooc weapon swap is one I’ve asked for for years.

I never expected it to happen but I'm really excited about weapon swap on ele and engi (because apparently the one thing I wanted for those two professions is more buttons).

The fact that it's come now, not long after equipment templates, makes me wonder if I wasn't being as creative as I thought by using the second equipment template to put my ele and engi's second weapon set into. Maybe a lot of people did exactly the same thing and Anet realised it's a feature a lot of people want?

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die. Drain you of your sanity, face the thing that should not be"

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

I never expected it to happen but I'm really excited about weapon swap on ele and engi (because apparently the one thing I wanted for those two professions is more buttons).

The fact that it's come now, not long after equipment templates, makes me wonder if I wasn't being as creative as I thought by using the second equipment template to put my ele and engi's second weapon set into. Maybe a lot of people did exactly the same thing and Anet realised it's a feature a lot of people want?

It is likely just a natural thing to add with template keybinds already doing the exact same thing. There was no reason not to do it and it saves a template space

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭

Wow love it! Doesn't fit my characters but instantly adds more depth to any armor or outfit system 😍

A friend sent me some screenshots of her character with it and I gotta say it looks really cool. Digging this, especially since this allows me to move away from the bulky backpieces I've been using lol

Bite me.

• @Udolpho.1209 said:

Really? Can I dye my golden wings?

• ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Elric.4713 said:

can get from the guild trader for commendations too so there is a free option that said i dont know what that one looks like.... :)

@SerenNovah.2510 said:

@Udolpho.1209 said:

I don't think they retroactively went and changed all backpieces, but I'd expect this to be a feature going forward.

Bite me.

• @Ayrilana.1396 said:

@lokh.2695 said:
    At least the "CAPESNAOPLOX!!!!!!!!"-threads can end now....

And the “MOARCAPESNAOPLOX!!!!!!!’” will begin...

hahaha... you guys made my day.

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

I'm really happy to see these added. I know there was a lot of concern about the ability to make a cape with perfect physics that fit all character/armor shapes perfectly (and some of that grievance has already been shown by some people in the community), but I'm still glad that ANet went forward with adding these despite those hinderances.

Adding these in as something purchasable with guild commendations was also a classy move. Big props for that.

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2019

I really like the guild-cape, it is only 10 gold and 10 Guild Commendations (obtainable from Guild Missions). The capes can be dyed (border and center) and you can literally pick from plenty of cool symbols & backgrounds which can be dyed separately. You can just purchase a cape from the vendor and make an own guild for 1 gold at any Guild Registrar or just pick an empty guild-slot in your guild-panel (g) and create a new one. Emblem is instantly unlocked. If you are however part of a guild with 100 % representation requirement, you are bound to their symbol.

• Elric.4713Elric.4713 Member ✭✭✭

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Elric.4713 said:

can get from the guild trader for commendations too so there is a free option that said i dont know what that one looks like.... :)

Like a rag used for cleaning dust.

👻Legendary Ritualist Stance - Invoke the power of the legendary ritualist Master Togo.

• Saniyah.1984Saniyah.1984 Member ✭✭✭

@SerenNovah.2510 said:

@Swing.6439 said:

This is perfect we don't have to gamble with black lion chests, we can buy directly! :D I bought mine and has 4 dye channels! It looks amazing!

Are you an arena net employee?

• Artits.2795Artits.2795 Member ✭✭
    edited December 3, 2019

@CaboSoul.1204 said:

@Swing.6439 said:

I saw someone link a cape called "Basic Guild Cape". And yes it looks like a far lesser version of the gem store one as expected.... :/

I took a look at it, it's literally a bib.

They shared a trailer of the BLC cape on YouTube and people called them out on the obvious quality difference between the paid and earnable cape. My page refreshed for whatever reason and suddenly "Comments are turned off" lmao.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

So now the only thing missing is cantha?

Also, how are the physics of them? Do they move correctly when walking running jumping? Do they react in windy zones like the last map?

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

Now I can finally be amused at how ridiculous Cape wearers will look. =)

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

I never was too upset about the lack of them but now, having them in game, I want them! Also a good move for them to make certain that there’s one acquirable outside the gemstore immediately at the launch of this feature to reassure players

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

@kharmin.7683 said:
    Personally, I am disappointed in this addition because I would rather the resources have been spent on actual content.

We literally just had a new ls episode like a week ago though. That is new content. We can have both.

• ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Elric.4713 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Elric.4713 said:

Like a rag used for cleaning dust.

Surprisingly i dont like all my characters being shiny and sparkly so i might have use for that. There is Sytle in junk sometimes if you dont always want to look like a glowing sparkler.

• @Saniyah.1984 said:

@SerenNovah.2510 said:

@Swing.6439 said:

Are you an arena net employee?

No but I'd love to be one LOL! I love GW 2 so much! :D All the recent QoL updates have been so good. Especially the build templates.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2019

I really like the new cape, goes so well with my character but unfortunately my primary colour, Sandshark dye goes from being bright blue on my armour to deep dark blue on the cape.

The pattern on the cape matches the pattern on my armour too so if they were the same colour it would be a perfect match.
    I've cycled through every variant of light blue in the dye list, locked and unlocked but nothing gives the same colour.. Core Ice comes close but it changes quite a lot in the lighting.

This is what the cape looks like in Sandshark.. while my armour is significantly lighter despite being the same dye.. they are as different as electro blue and midnight blue lol

@SerenNovah.2510 said:

@Udolpho.1209 said:

Sadly, no.

It's a side effect of things being a different base material" - it causes dyes to look different on different types of items

Incidentally, is that a bow on your back? If so, what is it?

I really hope capes are added to various content like raids, strikes, WvW, PvP etc they're a great cosmetic reward item to show off.

• Hey all.

I am trying to purchase the new awesome cape but it says I need to have Heart of Thornes, which I do have and have completed the story.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

@Randulf.7614 said:
    It's a side effect of things being a different base material" - it causes dyes to look different on different types of items

That's disappointing considering the cape's texture matches the same fabric texture on my armour.. might be hard to see in the pictures.

Incidentally, is that a bow on your back? If so, what is it?

It is yes, it's the Golden Talon Longbow.
    Black Lion chest exclusive skin, not sure if you can buy it for statuettes but it'll come back around again at some point i'm sure and you can try to get it ^^
    Save up your keys if you can.

• You can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

That's really odd, wonder why you'd need HoT for a cape :S

• Oh superb.... it took them 7 years and now they've decided to stick it in that kitten gemmie-store for 500g... a single cape style. Seriously? And there are people who are praising them for it. And of course the Guild cape is ugly af. No way to obtain unique capes through game-play, crafting, etc.

• @Fenom.9457 said:
    I never was too upset about the lack of them but now, having them in game, I want them! Also a good move for them to make certain that there’s one acquirable outside the gemstore immediately at the launch of this feature to reassure players

And it looks super bad. Who would have guessed.... milk 'dem gemmies Anet go go !

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jaffawer.4932 said:
    Oh superb.... it took them 7 years and now they've decided to stick it in that kitten gemmie-store for 500g... a single cape style. Seriously? And there are people who are praising them for it. And of course the Guild cape is ugly af. No way to obtain unique capes through game-play, crafting, etc.

But there’s the same hope that Anet will make them obtainable outside the gem store just like mount skins and glider skins.