Wouldnt it be more amazing if

Voltekka.2375

People who post roaming/havoc videos are presumably pretty decent at their job so when the enemy "outplays" them... that will most of the time mean they got +1-10 or more. And posting a video of you being mauled on by 10 people, perma-immobilized, stunlocked or knocked down etc isnt all that interesting to analyze for what went wrong.

But sure, sometimes it's more fun. On the warrior forum after the berserker arcing slice got buffed someone posted a video of him cutting down 3 of 4 people at once and then the video cut off there. Well, turns out the 4th there - which was yelling on discord "DO NOT STACK!!!", for the record - proceeded to kill said berserker and posted that video in the same thread of the warrior roamer video. It was a coincidence I swear lol.

Those type of vids would be more for personal use to analyze your play, post it up for all to see doesn't really do anything for you, most times you'll just get people taking the opportunity to take a pop at you for it.

Personally I tend to do vids/clips that have long unedited fights from start to the end of the battle or my death, as long as the fight seems interesting. Everyone dies in wvw, sometimes in funny ways to post up.

Because most of the roaming/havoc/smallscale community only play mobility classes so if they encounter a situation where there's a chance of death they just bolt anyway.

Speaking for my group, most of the fights we actually lose would be terribly unexciting to watch, they're usually just us getting cc-chained from 100>0 by enough people for the immob/stun spam to have no holes, usually in an unavoidable fashion (except for a complete disengage but that's way too boring). That or getting "1 shot" by groups 10 times our size, neither really makes for an appealing experience to watch.

Personally I like to end my videos with a death like that if we had any fight where we kill a decent amount of people and eventually get swarmed enough and get cc spammed to death, or even have multiples of those fights if they're good fights from my perspective, my group tends to eventually die in a lot of fights because they're usually near enemy spawns so it's more of a "how many can we kill before they kill us" sorta deal.

Shameless self promotion here, but the first ( and so far only ) montage I made included more than a few losses. I did this because the fights I lost were still interesting to watch, or would have been an obvious win if not for being +1'd. I want to make more in the future, and I always plan to include losses if the fight was interesting or well played.

More on the subject of the thread though, everyone loses and everyone knows that. Montages are for entertainment and I don't think most people are entertained by watching a fight they're invested in result in a loss. Most people just want to see memes or people getting stomped. If they want to see actual unedited game play, they probably go to a stream instead.

I think it's nice to include losses, but not necessary. It depends on the tone you're going for with your video. Is it less serious? Is it highlighting funny moments? Or is it trying to teach a little bit as well?