What is the class you do not want to face in a 1v1

zengara.8301

Thief because you might get them to have to reengage 5 times, or 25 times but they don't actually die unless they fuck up massively (and multiple times in a row). Meaning they will reset and reengage until you eventually fuck up because you're tired/bored, even if this is on try number 37 (real example).

Could kinda be applied to a few more builds but thief is the most common class to do this with.

I suppose it is because I'm playing sword ele exclusively in WvW right now, but Dragonhunters effectively hard-counter me. Their traps and symbols give them excellent spacing control, their burst is massive, and the combination of aegis + shield of courage means I can't counter-burst them when their AoEs drop. This makes fighting a dragonhunter a long and grueling, and if I make one mistake I die.

Other notable mentions include the mirage and the heal-soulbeast.

Thief due to the dodges, stealth and evades. Deadeye - 90% of the time you can't(or don't) even see them. Staff daredevil - Evade! Evade! Evade! Stop trying to hit me and hit me fool! Evade! Evade.... You can't run, you might be able to hide if your lucky, if you can defend yourself they will run away instead. Only if they get overconfident or slip up can you get them.

Thief.At this age, i'm tired of playing hide&seek. Invisibility is a stupid broken ridiculous mechanic that should be replaced somehow. By some kind of shadow or footprints perhaps. I'm getting 15k vaults and death's judgements and backstabs by these... thingys... while in heavy armor if i'm not equipped with almost equally stupid immunity skills. Which should also be removed while reducing ALL damage.Eventually I'll be soon moving to another game, after 6 years, because this fkn stuff is not ever going to be fixed.

I don't particularly want to face a 1v1 with a build that directly counters mine (I use all kinds of builds and multiclass, so I don't have hate for anything really, I find fun fighting builds people hate), but I will do so (mostly) anyways because there is always something to learn from it. I lean on the preference of gaming where the fun is in overcoming adversity and not having things easy and sometimes trying to win with limited things available. I know a lot of people like to go full on max steamroll mode with their builds but that isn't always fun. I really want to be efficient in GW2 where I don't make any unecessary moves and where everything connects and counters appopriately like a nice dance of death. I seen many people do that and it's really neat.

I play solo scourge a lot and I get wrecked by any thief who knows what they're doing. Especially base thief. I don't really know much at all about the class, so not sure why. Base thief can literally run circles around me though. Maybe better players just use base theif? Or it's better for kiting. No other class wrecks me quite that badly though.

I don't even want to face warrior in a 5v1. They've been untouched by almost every spvp nerf that happened in the last 2 years but got all the buffs. Their healing is broken, immunities are broken, endurance regen is broken, damage is broken, and mobility is broken. They are tanky as hell and can twoshot anything.

@witcher.3197 said:I don't even want to face warrior in a 5v1. They've been untouched by almost every spvp nerf that happened in the last 2 years but got all the buffs. Their healing is broken, immunities are broken, endurance regen is broken, damage is broken, and mobility is broken. They are tanky as hell and can twoshot anything.

+1nothing more to say

@witcher.3197 said:I don't even want to face warrior in a 5v1. They've been untouched by almost every spvp nerf that happened in the last 2 years but got all the buffs. Their healing is broken, immunities are broken, endurance regen is broken, damage is broken, and mobility is broken. They are tanky as hell and can twoshot anything.

Big oof right here.If you cant kill a warrior in a 5v1 you are kitten. Simple as that.2 ppl on any roaming spec that know how to play their build will decimate the warrior.

Warriors are not godmode, play one, go to a duelspot in wvw, fight ppl that know how to play and get pummeled.

Ele, because that sword burn weaver build just wont die, and as full melee class i just cant deal with their dmg.

Honestly, i should say thief, because they are just kitten, but against them i can atleast hope to get a lucky burst in and down them before they run.

1. Dragonhunters
  2. Fire Weaver, Sword/Dagger or Sword/Focus infinite sustain builds
  3. Boonbeast
  4. Condition Mirage
  5. Staff + D/P Daredevil
  6. Defense + Durability Warrior/Spellbreaker

In that order from most to least. Some I don't consider to be OP, just obnoxious to fight. And although DH is my most hated, I don't think it's OP. I just absolutely loathe fighting it.

They're just never fun to fight. Either it's a burst/avoid burst single stroke fight or a boonbeast in which case it's just whoever falls asleep first.

Some may argue thief, but then again how many thieves are actually 1v1'ing and not just randomly adding into a fight? (this is what people are actually complaining about.) Especially with mounts.