Balanced?

Crozame.4098

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Crozame.4098 said:While Rampage deserves a proper nerf, but isnt three of five skills now can only do less than 50 dmg a bit too much?Make the dmg to 1/3 or even 1/4 should be enough, but instead you make it 1/100.... Hard to understand the logic. Now the rampage cannot win the 1v1 the Gazelle.

you can use mouse 1, you didnt have to have this secret power but during rampage, you can actually use other abilities then stomp and rock throw, neat huh?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Crozame.4098 said:While Rampage deserves a proper nerf, but isnt three of five skills now can only do less than 50 dmg a bit too much?Make the dmg to 1/3 or even 1/4 should be enough, but instead you make it 1/100.... Hard to understand the logic. Now the rampage cannot win the 1v1 the Gazelle.

you can use mouse 1, you didnt have to have this secret power but during rampage, you can actually use other abilities then stomp and rock throw, neat huh?

please learn to count first. And by the way, your comment is also not very related.

Because an elite which provides a knock-back, stun and knockdown (some of which can be used multiple times within 1 rampage duration and not all are limited to 1 player) on top of self stability and reduced movement conditions, does not need damage output.

If you were relying on rampage to win you fights before by killing players before they could get out of your chain cc, you were part of the problem. The skill is still insanely strong when it comes to crowd controlling even without the damage.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Because an elite which provides a knock-back, stun and knockdown (some of which can be used multiple times within 1 rampage duration and not all are limited to 1 player) on top of self stability and reduced movement conditions, does not need damage output.

If you were relying on rampage to win you fights before by killing players before they could get out of your chain cc, you were part of the problem. The skill is still insanely strong when it comes to crowd controlling even without the damage.

Yet can also be blinded, corrupted, or kite away. I did not say it was balanced and should not be nerfed. But a nerf to close to 0 damage is simply too much. I would be happy if it does the prenerf dmg to clones or pets, but I doubt that will happen. And tbh, it does not matter much in most circumstances, classes that war can win pre-nerf still cannot beat war, and if you really think that suddenly you can win all the 1v1s against war after this patch, then you are also part of the problem.There are also other broken things in this game that has not been addressed this radically or not been addressed at all.

It actually looks and feels REALLY weird to me to see skills doing double digit damage that aren't mesmer clone attacks. Like 8k boulders into 10k dashes was always pretty ridiculous, but I feel like they should still be hitting for like 1kish because it just stands out as really incongruous to the rest of the entire game.

@mortrialus.3062 said:It actually looks and feels REALLY weird to me to see skills doing double digit damage that aren't mesmer clone attacks. Like 8k boulders into 10k dashes was always pretty ridiculous, but I feel like they should still be hitting for like 1kish because it just stands out as really incongruous to the rest of the entire game.

The damage was nerfed too much.

At the LEAST they could have just made the CC skills do some bare minimal damage like a Warrior swinging Dagger autos or something.

@Crozame.4098 said:

Yet can also be blinded, corrupted, or kite away. I did not say it was balanced and should not be nerfed. But a nerf to close to 0 damage is simply too much.

Sure, if a team member supports you or you spend a ton of stunbreak and stability skills to counter 1 elite, leaving you exposed after rampage ends.

I agree though, I would have simply removed 2/3 of the crowd control and reduced damage less.

@Crozame.4098 said:I would be happy if it does the prenerf dmg to clones or pets, but I doubt that will happen. And tbh, it does not matter much in most circumstances, classes that war can win pre-nerf still cannot beat war, and if you really think that suddenly you can win all the 1v1s against war after this patch, then you are also part of the problem.

So if you have no issue still winning, why on gods green earth would this skill need buffing? Obviously warrior is still in a good enough spot if this is the case?

@Crozame.4098 said:There are also other broken things in this game that has not been addressed this radically or not been addressed at all.

Yes, because the argument: "but the other guy is also unbalanced" is a good one...

Sorry, all I see is a grossly overpowered elite getting toned down to reasonable levels, and compared to other class overpowered elite nerfs in the past, warrior got off lightly.

Sorry, all I see is a grossly overpowered elite getting toned down to reasonable levels, and compared to other class overpowered elite nerfs in the past, warrior got off lightly.

Really? Berzeker never came back after the nerf. And this dmg nerf is 1/1000 of the original dmg. PLease name some similar nerfs.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:It actually looks and feels REALLY weird to me to see skills doing double digit damage that aren't mesmer clone attacks. Like 8k boulders into 10k dashes was always pretty ridiculous, but I feel like they should still be hitting for like 1kish because it just stands out as really incongruous to the rest of the entire game.

The damage was nerfed too much.

At the LEAST they could have just made the CC skills do some bare minimal damage like a Warrior swinging Dagger autos or something.

Or at the very very least, let it do normal dmgs to pets and clones.

@Crozame.4098 said:

Really? Berzeker never came back after the nerf. And this dmg nerf is 1/1000 of the original dmg. PLease name some similar nerfs.

The skills main use was its cc, the damage was only grossly on top. The cc is still in place.

I've try it and..... 1 still does 4-6 k damages, you still have many cc in 1 button, still have damages reduction and stab.

Many classes will kill to have the half of the actual rampage........

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

I've try it and..... 1 still does 4-6 k damages, you still have many cc in 1 button, still have damages reduction and stab.

Many classes will kill to have the half of the actual rampage........

Are you sure? I would trade stealth and chrono burst for that, I would trade the 3333 spam pw and its elite for that, I would trade the passive game style of mirage, I would also trade for the millions of conditions and heal from symbolband, and I would also trade for the burst dmg, the port, the dodges, and the 3 second quickness and remove stab every 9 seconds.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

The skills main use was its cc, the damage was only grossly on top. The cc is still in place.

ok, so you also want to remove the cc? Whats your point? There are plenty of skills which have shorter CD, that CC and do dmg.....

I got a question is there any high damage skill in rampage? and if so which?

@Crozame.4098 said:

ok, so you also want to remove the cc? Whats your point? There are plenty of skills which have shorter CD, that CC and do dmg.....

Please name ANY other skill in this game, at any point in time, which did the amount of damage rampage did OR did any significant damage AND had the amount of cc Rampage has? Rampage is not 1 cc, it's multiple.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Please name ANY other skill in this game, at any point in time, which did the amount of damage rampage did OR did any significant damage AND had the amount of cc Rampage has? Rampage is not 1 cc, it's multiple.

First of all, you cannot name any similar nerfs.

Second, you also misunderstand my point, which was not about the nerf, but was about the intensity of the nerf. I said, the current nerf is too much: 1/1000 of the original dmg. And my point is: 1/4 should be enough.

Third, about your point: Rev sword 4 & 5 pre nerf, and the staff 5 pre nerf? Holo pre-nerf? Reaper? Scourge, the amount of tourmant pre nerf. Mirage, the amount of confusion pre-nerf. Thief, spammable condi that gives you 10+ poison in no time, or the spammable PW that stuns and also do a lot of dmg. Also, note that, rampage has a 96 second cool down (traited), while the things I mentioned was utilities or weapon skills.

@Crozame.4098 said:

First of all, you cannot name any similar nerfs.

There was no elite as overpowered as rampage as far as damage output AND cc. There was more powerful damage skills or cc skills before they got nerfed, but none combined the cc and damage the way rampage did. Feel free to name any skill which comes close.

@Crozame.4098 said:Second, you also misunderstand my point, which was not about the nerf, but was about the intensity of the nerf. I said, the current nerf is too much: 1/1000 of the original dmg. And my point is: 1/4 should be enough.

and my point is: the cc it brings makes it strong enough even if it did 0 damage. You might disagree that being able to completely lock-down an opponent (with splash cc on others) is not sufficient without damage, I doubt most non warrior biased players would share that opinion.

@Crozame.4098 said:Third, about your point: Rev sword 4 & 5 pre nerf, and the staff 5 pre nerf? Holo pre-nerf? Reaper? Scourge, the amount of tourmant pre nerf. Mirage, the amount of confusion pre-nerf. Thief, spammable condi that gives you 10+ poison in no time, or the spammable PW that stuns and also do a lot of dmg. Also, note that, rampage has a 96 second cool down (traited), while the things I mentioned was utilities or weapon skills.

You are talking damage skills. I said: I'd be fine with more damage on Rampage if it lost its cc or some of it. Most of those skills you are talking about are either damage skills or in no way even close to the amount of cc Rampage (still) provides. ALL of them were also nerfed by now or are gimmick builds (like PW which actually requires an entire weapon set commitment).

The fact that Rampage has a 96 second cool-down is insignificant if it allows for 15 seconds of domination. The skill would have actually been better balanced with less cc and lower cool-down. Again, 1 rampage use equals 2 knock-backs, one 2 second stun and one 2 second area knock-down. There is and never was anything comparable in this game from either a weapon skill, utility or elite skill as far as cc goes. Logic dictates, that with this amount of cc the skill is already over-stacked in purpose.

@Lottie.5370 said:I like the Rampage changes, warrior is still in a good spot. A skill that gives you 3 hard CC skills should not be doing heavy damage. Rampage is also more than CC and damage.

If you can't win now because of the nerfs to it, then it's a skill issue not a nerf issue.

This kind of passive bullying is so annoying on forums. I did not say that I cannot win anymore. I simply said, I can still win the matchups. And moreover, I have all i want from sPvP. And Yes, I agree that the CC hard skills that should not do heavy dmg, but 20 dmg is a joke.