Hey guys I am a Chinese player

DefendLions.5321

In the first ,forgive for my poor english.then ,here we go .I am a chinese player,and I also play in NA server sometimes.I love this game,especially WVW part, I spent 1708 days in China server,mostly in EB.The thing is in the EB,player can hold three types banner,Dragon,Turtle and Centaur,it is cool to player that they can enjoy some diffrent skills,but I THINK IT IS DESTROY THE BALANCE OF THIS GAME FOR NOW.Therefore,I am writing this to draw your attention to the matter in hope that the present situation can be improved.The worst is Dragon banner,the damage is horrible,and 20 targets ,ally boons,IT looks like a NUCLEAR weapon in Tyria . In the real guild fight ,every hit could reach 5000 ,DPS could get 10K/s,Dragon banner is an Evolutionary and movable CANNON,the worst thing is one guild could hold several SAME TYPE banners.The consequence is weak server more weaker,and player change server more frequentlly,even AFK. I really love this game ,I DO NOT WANT PLAY IT BY MYSELF.I suggest some proposal in here.First,reduce damage and target of banner,second restrict one camp could only have one same banner.I hope ArenaNet will take this matter into serious consideration,thx.

Dragon banner (I am not aware of the other two) at least over here (dunno how it's on chinese server) is expensive, long to setup tool, that can be used to turn the tide of the Major battle - but only when used properly.

That being said I don't recall ever seeing one being used seriously - only time I recall seeing someone using that banner, he pulled it by accident and was trolling around with it.

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:Dragon banner (I am not aware of the other two) at least over here (dunno how it's on chinese server) is expensive, long to setup tool, that can be used to turn the tide of the Major battle - but only when used properly.

That being said I don't recall ever seeing one being used seriously - only time I recall seeing someone using that banner, he pulled it by accident and was trolling around with it.

Thank for ur comment,actually,In Chinese server ,Dragon banner could be hold 2 even 3 at same time ,If u careful enough ,one side could hold 4 banner in short time. And in CN server,Dragon banner only used by some “dps-pro”,20K/S,mabye 50k/s by one person,And this kind pro may have 4.I think it is crazy. Thank u again,and apologize for my bad english :)

In Europe the community tends to be pretty self-regulating with these things. It is not like exploiting broken things does not exist but most players are aware of what happens when you go down that route (one exploit leads to another) and that we are all here to play a game, have fun and in order to have fun fights you need a willing opposition. That also means that friendly commanders may let the other side kill players on their own side who abuse things that are disliked in general (or they know that they may pay the price for their side's behaviour).

So, for example, if an opposing side routes then things like banners, open field siege users and similar things are hunted down mercilessly. That makes people thinking twice before picking up banners or placing siege. If a side is actively abusing things like that other servers can respond in kind and do things like sniping their commander, which is also usually frowned upon but can be used to send a message (and then swipe the banners as they route) or just chase down the abusers with a superior subgroup because even if good players may sometimes pick up banners there are bound to be even better players around who doesn't like banners ruining good fights.

Most of these things makes banners pretty rare from making sure that they are not very popular to use, to making sure that they are often spent when used.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Personally, I think banners shouldn't have existed period (at least in WvW anyway)

banners keep stat buff presence of keep bloodlust banners and supre food shouldn't exist. >3<

Im too poor for asc food so I cant comment lol...nor do I use banners, but have seen them being used many times.

@DefendLions.5321 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:i know what you mean op. when we run cheese 10 vs blob, that dragon banner ensures we win.

it is a tactical nuke.

blob i mean 40 and up

No,my point is when both side equal in numbers ,the banner will be the key,Is it ignore the each class and them skill. thanks for ur comment.

mmm i find.even in unequal nos. where we are outnumbered, having a good dragon banner user ensures a win.

like i said. 10 vs.40 in a choke, that 40 can die if unaware.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:In Europe the community tends to be pretty self-regulating with these things. It is not like exploiting broken things does not exist but most players are aware of what happens when you go down that route (one exploit leads to another) and that we are all here to play a game, have fun and in order to have fun fights you need a willing opposition. That also means that friendly commanders may let the other side kill players on their own side who abuse things that are disliked in general (or they know that they may pay the price for their side's behaviour).

So, for example, if an opposing side routes then things like banners, open field siege users and similar things are hunted down mercilessly. That makes people thinking twice before picking up banners or placing siege. If a side is actively abusing things like that other servers can respond in kind and do things like sniping their commander, which is also usually frowned upon but can be used to send a message (and then swipe the banners as they route) or just chase down the abusers with a superior subgroup because even if good players may sometimes pick up banners there are bound to be even better players around who doesn't like banners ruining good fights.

Most of these things makes banners pretty rare from making sure that they are not very popular to use, to making sure that they are often spent when used.

Wow,thx for the comment and solution.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Personally, I think banners shouldn't have existed period (at least in WvW anyway)

banners keep stat buff presence of keep bloodlust banners and supre food shouldn't exist. >3<

I think all that is important to the game, we all know wvw lacks a a lot anda it’s a ktrain fest but the real issue is the damage creep and the spam that actually happens.

The issue with the banners is that game is to much arround low effort aoe spam.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

I think all that is important to the game, we all know wvw lacks a a lot anda it’s a ktrain fest but the real issue is the damage creep and the spam that actually happens.

@,..,@ 50k gs ranger bomb bra

@Sovereign.1093 said:

Rangers call that balanced they believe it’s on their lvl of personal skill, just like if I had a button to kill every players on map would fit my personal skill... really!!!

s imo do not fit on this carry lame damage, they are strong for sure, they need to be strong.

How much armor and vulnerability one needs to take 20k from dragon banners???

Compared to the aoe being spammed every second that’s nothing.

Problem is we have both and the current damage output is carrying awfull players.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Rangers call that balanced they believe it’s on their lvl of personal skill, just like if I had a button to kill every players on map would fit my personal skill... really!!!

s imo do not fit on this carry lame damage, they are strong for sure, they need to be strong.

Problem is we have both and the current damage output is carrying awfull players.

Def not skill. Recently built a soulbeast and did about 30k on a scourge, about 27k on another soulbeast, and about 25k on a spellbreaker

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Def not skill. Recently built a soulbeast and did about 30k on a scourge, about 27k on another soulbeast, and about 25k on a spellbreaker

wow. @,.,@ gs axe?

@Sovereign.1093 said:

wow. @,.,@ gs axe?

LB is what did the damage (thats what my focus was on), although I did have a GS, and it did manage to help me win a 2v1 vs FB and spellbreaker

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

wow. @,.,@ gs axe?

LB is what did the damage (thats what my focus was on), although I did have a GS, and it did manage to help me win a 2v1 vs FB

There a beast Gs build that destroys most bunkers in a fazt burst.