Power Reaper - Staff or Dagger/X?

Maulclaw.4365

I've been debating lately as to what the second weapon I should use for a DPS Reaper. Obviously, the greatsword is the main weapon, but I also like to rely on a second set. So far I have been using a Staff because of its life force, so it's lacking in both damage and conditions. I was pondering about a Dagger/Focus or even Dagger/Dagger?

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:I believe this thread would get a better response for you in the Necromancer section of the forums - you can find builds on metabattle.com and qtfy.eu depending on your game mode - I hope you find something.

My build works fine. I am fully geared and have a role in mind. But I'm just doubting about the choice of using a Staff. Maybe I'll keep both sets around and swap them time to time and see how it goes.

@Conncept.7638 said:

Curious as to why you would use the staff, only decent power damage on it is the auto, and it's not as good a power auto as that axe, dagger, or greatsword; all of which also gain life force better.

Staff is hands down best utility weapon. And pretty must have in PvP (Power and condi builds)

Dagger isn't ranged aside from Life steal.... and thats not always a viable option given Reaper shroud being melee instead of ranged. For power necro, theres ultimately no better ranged option then Axe main hand, given its ability to kite and quickly generate Life force; and it effectively pairs with every off-hand (as their mostly support and self-sustain). Dagger filled the role of melee DPS before Reaper came to be... but its lack of cleave has always been a major sticking point for it.

I run Axe/Focus on my reaper, because the vulnerability stacks synergies extremely well with Decimate Defenses, and can burst up 24% LF in a few seconds (without trait bonuses). With Reaper, both shroud and GS are point blank attacks for huge damage......so your second weapon set should be ranged (either Axe or Scepter to match your build), to keep generating LF when you need to back out of melee range; then dive back in with either GS or Shroud once the space is safe.

axe and horn are good. staff is good cause of the one sigil that increases damage per condition along with the unblockable signs that give life force. greatsword isn't that great the blind and pull are good but the others not so much. i only used dagger for offhand condition build mainhand doesn't look that useful.

Archived