Cloak and Dagger - Dagger 5

Sarnax.8357

@"Sarnax.8357" said:Every time I use this I keep auto attacking and it immediately brings me out of stealth. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the execution of Dagger 5 stop auto attack so you can reposition for a backstab?

What am I missing...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Auto-attack

You can change the 'auto-attack', stow your weapon, or dodge away to cancel the auto attack.

@Dea Beyond.5183 said:IT happened to me too , is it bugged actually , it doesnt do the attack of nr 1 skill it does a 2nd cloack and dagger.You sure this isn't because you doubletapped #5? gw2 uses a queue system for abilities

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:As others have stated, disabling auto attack is essential for thief.Problem for me is that if I run manual, then using things like sword3, sword2 will not stop the manual sword 1. making it extremly clunky. Same with shortbow 1 vs needing to quick sb3. Died alot i #1 animations that way.@Sarnax.8357 said:Every time I use this I keep auto attacking and it immediately brings me out of stealth. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the execution of Dagger 5 stop auto attack so you can reposition for a backstab?

What am I missing...As for the ontopic; Im not sure exactly how it is. But backstab is a flipover skill, its not available before stealth. If you prep dagger#5, and press #1 before it flipsover, it might be queueing a regular #1.

@Markri.9475 said:

What am I missing...As for the ontopic; Im not sure exactly how it is. But backstab is a flipover skill, its not available before stealth. If you prep dagger#5, and press #1 before it flipsover, it might be queueing a regular #1.

Yup, it is possible to use a regular AA instead of stealth attack right after you enter stealth by queuing it early and pretty sure nothing about that changed.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Yup, it is possible to use a regular AA instead of stealth attack right after you enter stealth by queuing it early and pretty sure nothing about that changed.

So this boils down to trigger happiness then.

@Markri.9475 said:

@Dea Beyond.5183 said:IT happened to me too , is it bugged actually , it doesnt do the attack of nr 1 skill it does a 2nd cloack and dagger.You sure this isn't because you doubletapped #5? gw2 uses a queue system for abilitiesYeah, it's much less noticeable on other classes because of cooldowns but on thief you do have to be careful with your inputs. Lag can also make things cast twice, so as you say having stow weapons bound can be useful.@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:As others have stated, disabling auto attack is essential for thief.Problem for me is that if I run manual, then using things like sword3, sword2 will not stop the manual sword 1. making it extremly clunky. Same with shortbow 1 vs needing to quick sb3. Died alot i #1 animations that way.Have you tried assigning your 1 skill to a thumb button on your mouse? That way you can just hold the button down to continue auto attacking without restricting movement or overloading the skill queue.@Sarnax.8357 said:Every time I use this I keep auto attacking and it immediately brings me out of stealth. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the execution of Dagger 5 stop auto attack so you can reposition for a backstab?

What am I missing...As for the ontopic; Im not sure exactly how it is. But backstab is a flipover skill, its not available before stealth. If you prep dagger#5, and press #1 before it flipsover, it might be queueing a regular #1.Yep, the same thing happens if you dodge on rifle then queue 1 before the stealth has been applied, you'll get a regular auto instead of a death's judgement.