Best comp for 3-5 roaming group?

Edu.6984

For flipping mostly camps, some towers and fight smallscale fights, what do you consider the best 5 player comp for wvw?

I'm thinking in gearing an adaptation of the zerg minstrel FB and form a group with friends. The comp would be basically:

1 Minstrel FB (me)1 Condi scourge1 Condi mirage1 Dagger Spellbreaker1 Boonbeast / Power DD/DE

What do you guys think? What is your ideal comp?

@xDudisx.5914 said:For flipping mostly camps, some towers and fight smallscale fights, what do you consider the best 5 player comp for wvw?

I'm thinking in gearing an adaptation of the zerg minstrel FB and form a group with friends. The comp would be basically:

1 Minstrel FB (me)1 Condi scourge1 Condi mirage1 Dagger Spellbreaker1 Boonbeast / Power DD/DE

Id drop:Mirage and switch out for rev for better boonstacking/ccBoonbeast and switch for holosmith/scrapper for more cc/superspeed

@xDudisx.5914 said:For flipping mostly camps, some towers and fight smallscale fights, what do you consider the best 5 player comp for wvw?

looks terrible ( to play against ) i think this should work (very) well.

@"aedisixgod.9785" said:The ideal comp would be

Minstrel FirebrandCondi RevCondi RevPower SpellbreakerMinstrel tempest

I would replace the minstrel tempest with a celestial ballerina and the minstrel firebrand with a minstrel scrapper so you get some stealth. I dont really see you needing the firebrand.

Well, unless the rest of the group is complete shit and desperately need a pocket firebrand.

My ideal comp is:1 bruiser Reaper1 full condition corrupt core Necro1 power sword Herald1 condition Mallyx Revenant1 full support Scrapper

But my ideal comp would also be vulnerable to focus fire. The bomb would be unreal and trying to save a downed would be an immediate death sentence, but a few good Rangers or Thieves could spike the Necros or Revs pretty easily. The idea would be to have such a colossal amount of boon rip/corrupt, cleave and burst damage that not even support builds could withstand your bombs. But you'd be so reliant on your Scrapper for peels and your Herald and Reaper on locking people down that things could go bad real quick.

That's why I I said "my" ideal comp though, because I definitely don't think it's the best. Tbh, @Kovu.7560 probably has the best answer.

@Jables.4659 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:5 condi/hybrid mirage with identical looks and clone spam should work.

Take turns to run ooc and reset if focused. They shouldn’t be able to find you with 5 identical mirages and a hundred identical clones around.

I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen more often.

I'm not.

People always argue things like that from a perspective that everyone is a absolute top tier PvPer and that everyone works in perfect sync.

Hell, lets scale it up shall we? 50 greatsword mesmers. What enemy zerg could survive that? They could instantly kill an enemy zerg with unblockable attacks at 1200 range. No contest. It would just say splat and then the enemy zerg is dead. And you wouldnt see them either - you'd only see the pulses of mass invisibility get faster and faster.

In practice however... people arent that good. And people never work that perfectly in sync with each other. Good luck finding 50 top tier mesmers online at the same time. Good luck finding 50 top tier mesmers on the entire server. I'd be surprised if you meet even one in the average evening. And you can do this for literally any class. 50 warriors? A completely immortal army with full zerker damage. 50 elementalists? Everyone cast meteor shower. GG. 50 guardians? Judge them.

So ultimately, chances are much higher that you can actually get together 3-5 people that are at least good with their respective class of choice.