[MEMES] Late night Ranked

Master Ketsu.4569

Yes, its when someone got reported and it got actually accepted (like anyone was afk the whole match), then nobody will get points

This is from a win tho

still .... imagine one of the enemy team went afk because hes toxic, then get reported....

there u have it

Yes, its when someone got reported and it got actually accepted (like anyone was afk the whole match), then nobody will get points

This is from a win tho

still .... imagine one of the enemy team went afk because hes toxic, then get reported....

there u have it

What is there to imagine? You would get points then regardless if you win and enemy team has an afk/dc

This is from a win tho

there u have it

What is there to imagine? You would get points then regardless if you win and enemy team has an afk/dc

not in this game :p

had several games where we won against 4+1AFK , and havent got any points

This is from a win tho

there u have it

Pretty sure you queued unranked then

This is from a win tho

there u have it

Pretty sure you queued unranked then

nope cuz unranked isnt worth playing :*

was platin with many Wins that didnt count back then , but since my blocklist became 20x as big within one season, its not something that id like to call "fun"

@witcher.3197 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:this happens alot if playing with a lower-ranked buddy, while u would get more if playing with higher ones.

Yeah no. If you duo, only the rating of the highest rated member of the party matters. Playing with someone who has a lower rank doesn't make you get lower ranked opponents.

if a gold one plays with a bronze one, then the gold one gets almost nothing for win , and the bronze one will get up to 3x its normal win-points

What's with this made up nonsense?

Well then tell me an better "reason", while nobody in an entire match wont get any points?

Everytime we had it, ppl were afk or offline

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:this happens alot if playing with a lower-ranked buddy, while u would get more if playing with higher ones.

Yeah no. If you duo, only the rating of the highest rated member of the party matters. Playing with someone who has a lower rank doesn't make you get lower ranked opponents.

if a gold one plays with a bronze one, then the gold one gets almost nothing for win , and the bronze one will get up to 3x its normal win-points

You're probably right about the bronze as he will have won vs a gold team, it shouldn't affect the rating gain of the gold player. Must have been a coincidence (or NA which is dead).

@witcher.3197 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:this happens alot if playing with a lower-ranked buddy, while u would get more if playing with higher ones.

It uses an average of the two ratings because it treats both members of a Duo as individuals whose separate ratings both contribute to matchmaking.

You can see if you SoloQ into a game with a high-rated or smurfing DuoQ because you're still likely to gain close to or the same amount they are. Rating gain/loss is only based on the ratings of other players in your lobby, so if you're gaining less/losing more it's because everyone else in that lobby is lower rating compared to you.

There's also nothing in the matchmaking algorithm(though I won't pretend like I know exactly how to read it) that relates to DuoQ using the highest player's rating only.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

This season I qued once at noon and was plat1 which is honestly low for me but I was around 500 matches plat1 and every single match was +3-4 for win and -25 per which what I would get say being around legend being put into gold-plat matches, so just quing at noon I was obviously being put in maybe bronze to silver matches which amazes me in no other season has this happened to me. Possible due to shrinking population or just related to traffic because maybe average player had finals or something in college idk

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

It uses an average of the two ratings because it treats both members of a Duo as individuals whose separate ratings both contribute to matchmaking.

Were you around during season 1? People were exploiting this, HARD, with 4-5 man teams where half the team was playing on smurfs with tanked MMR. To fix this, Anet made it so only the rating of the highest rated member matters. There's no way they reverted what they fixed.