No Capture-Point progress while Evading

Ovark.2514

@Sigmoid.7082 said:Is the PW build making people that mad? ?

This is a bait topic obv but theres a hint of truth in it.

People would rather have bunker meta than allow thieves to have any kind of relevance, no matter how telegraphed it is.Telegraph or not, a thief just being borderline viable outside of decap duty is too much.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

People would rather have bunker meta than allow thieves to have any kind of relevance, no matter how telegraphed it is.Telegraph or not, a thief just being borderline viable outside of decap duty is too much.

This^I sincerely hope this new balance team has the sense to recognize this and is able to separate the 90% of thief hate nerf threads founded by bias rather than being founded by actual intentions of balance.

pw alone isnt too bad, its when combined with dash/rfi/ds oh and withdraw lol. all can be uused across a node, with draw dash and rfi can put them far away from melee people too. > @Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

yeah but that build can decap just as much as d/p AND hold/win nodes far better than any other thief build, pretty sure thats why people are upset.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:yeah but that build can decap just as much as d/p AND hold/win nodes far better than any other thief build, pretty sure thats why people are upset.

Just want to point out that any other thief build is either directly against holding nodes or can only hold them very minimally, so that bar isn't exactly high to begin with.

For me the problem isn't isolated to thief. It also includes mesmer, rev, and ele builds that are particularly heavy on evades and can stall captures for very long times with specific skills.

Part of the problem is that, unlike blocks, there's not much you can do while an enemy is evading. There are a few, very select skills (primarily AoE CCs) that can effect evades, but they're rare and usually on long cooldowns. Evade is effectively an invuln in most cases, so why not treat it like an invuln? :smile:

@Vagrant.7206 said:

For me the problem isn't isolated to thief. It also includes mesmer, rev, and ele builds that are particularly heavy on evades and can stall captures for very long times with specific skills.

Part of the problem is that, unlike blocks, there's not much you can do while an enemy is evading. There are a few, very select skills (primarily AoE CCs) that can effect evades, but they're rare and usually on long cooldowns. Evade is effectively an invuln in most cases, so why not treat it like an invuln? :smile:

becouse it will fuck over condis and becouse it will fuck over entire game to the point of unplayability.lol bunch of bunker standing on the node and facetanking damage, if you DARE to dodge anything you lose the node.Reminds of of the old scrapper v chronobunker, where you lose the node becouse of F4 :D nobody dies but you are force to invuln from time to time so over time you lose.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

lol bunch of bunker standing on the node and facetanking damage, if you DARE to dodge anything you lose the node.

The two dodges everyone gets aren't the problem. The problem is offensive skills with evade frames in them (IE pistol whip, blurred frenzy, surge of the mists). It's having your cake and eating it too. You can stall a point with offensive equipment even if you aren't a bunker.

Better skills that make more sense include withdraw, riposting shadows, illusionary riposte. These skills are intended as defenses or counters.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

lol bunch of bunker standing on the node and facetanking damage, if you DARE to dodge anything you lose the node.

The two dodges everyone gets aren't the problem. The problem is offensive skills with evade frames in them (IE pistol whip, blurred frenzy, surge of the mists). It's having your cake and eating it too. You can stall a point with offensive equipment even if you aren't a bunker.

Better skills that make more sense include withdraw, riposting shadows, illusionary riposte. These skills are intended as defenses or counters.

Good? having people able to contesnt nodes is good.What the hell do you want to happen, have 3 weaver on each team just afking on a node or what ?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Good? having people able to contesnt nodes is good.What the hell do you want to happen, have 3 weaver on each team just afking on a node or what ?

I'm telling you that people want bunker meta more than they want to learn to fight pistol whip or anything like it. Whether they realize that or not.Bunker meta is stupid guys. Anet tried E-sports during one and they've never smiled since.

@Ysmir.4986 said:I would agree to make daggerstorm not being able to cap / contest. I think that's reasonable.

I lean toward agreeing with this, but I'm a little upset that it's not a true invuln and still has to get that treatment.Then again, Renewed focus doesnt even allow attacks so I suppose It's fair.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I'm telling you that people want bunker meta more than they want to learn to fight pistol whip or anything like it. Whether they realize that or not.Bunker meta is stupid guys. Anet tried E-sports during one and they've never smiled since.

Este no habla espaniolThe meta was Burst back then , with ppl saying that noobies should get some Toughness and avoid play Glasscannon if they cannot handle the burst .NA pros , used Bunker specs (Healing Shouts Warriors) in order to win their ticket to participate in the worldwide money tournaments .Before that , in the 2-3 first matches in the Forest of Nifalhim , there was a WvWvW group that used Sholdier-Shouts-Hammer Warior in their close base , and the twitch viewers where laughing about how useless it was , and didnt offer anyting in the match .Causal copied these bunker specs after the tournaments , and the first group (Bersekers) whinned that their Burst shouldnt get nerfed , because Bunker specs exist .

Even if Bunkers will be buffed , the company will lower the cd of Scorpion Pull and if that spells is used , it will refound 70% cd of he ShadowstepShadowstep >Sorp> Immobilize>ReturnOr let 2-handed Sword Rangers and Rifle/Flamethrowers Enginners to do their knockbackjob

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Hardly. Skills should be dangerous. Pistol whip should hurt.

But with reward, should come risk. :smile: Hence, if you miss, you shouldn't get evade frames (or you shouldn't contest the node). Corona burst has to land to get the benefits, why not do the same with other skills?

As it stands, the pistol whip spam thief can fumble as much as they like with relative impunity (Same goes for heralds, some mesmer builds, some ele builds btw, I don't think the problem is just thief). The window to hit them is tiny.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Hardly. Skills should be dangerous. Pistol whip should hurt.

But with reward, should come risk. :smile: Hence, if you miss, you shouldn't get evade frames (or you shouldn't contest the node). Corona burst has to land to get the benefits, why not do the same with other skills?

As it stands, the pistol whip spam thief can fumble as much as they like with relative impunity (Same goes for heralds, some mesmer builds, some ele builds btw, I don't think the problem is just thief). The window to hit them is tiny.

You can add risk/reward and be smart about it, instead of making entire game unplayable. Make PW cost more, and get refund when you land it. + make it deal extra damage. Fixedpersonally I dont get whyFull counterScepter blocksword blockall 3 last long, They should be reactive block, make it last 0,75s. you see hit coming you block, not run around in immunity mode for 2s daring anyone to hit you