Ascended dungeon gear? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

Ascended dungeon gear?

By any chance will there be ascended armor/weapons added to dungeons? It would bring life back to them and you can make them expensive so its not so easy to obtain. maybe 1k a piece? more for weapons? just throwing ideas out there. I just want a reason to do dungeons again. Also maybe add some new dungeons for the living stories in the future?

Comments

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2019

    Dungeons are an abandoned content. The devs do not want to bring life back to them. In fact, when the dungeon rewards got nerfed way back ago, devs straight out said that the nerf was because they wanted players to move out of dungeons to other content.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • I think Astralporing is unfortunately correct. However, I really want more dungeons too and have also asked for a new dungeon or two. I do not understand why they dislike dungeons so much that they want to direct us away from them, but there you have it.

  • sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2019

    @Bron.9647 said:
    I think Astralporing is unfortunately correct. However, I really want more dungeons too and have also asked for a new dungeon or two. I do not understand why they dislike dungeons so much that they want to direct us away from them, but there you have it.

    Because dungeon code is spagetti and all the devs that were working with that code are gone already.

    I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bron.9647 said:
    I think Astralporing is unfortunately correct. However, I really want more dungeons too and have also asked for a new dungeon or two. I do not understand why they dislike dungeons so much that they want to direct us away from them, but there you have it.

    Because they want us to play Strike Missions as our instanced content now, which are super quick one boss encounters. Most dungeons for inexperienced players can take a very long time, because they don't know all the skips yet, or can't reliably perform them.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2019

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Bron.9647 said:
    I think Astralporing is unfortunately correct. However, I really want more dungeons too and have also asked for a new dungeon or two. I do not understand why they dislike dungeons so much that they want to direct us away from them, but there you have it.

    Because they want us to play Strike Missions as our instanced content now, which are super quick one boss encounters. Most dungeons for inexperienced players can take a very long time, because they don't know all the skips yet, or can't reliably perform them.

    But dungeons at their current difficulty have more potential to attract a wider audience of players than the properly working Boneskinner or the Winter's Day snowman. I wish Arenanet would stick with content models and iterate on them instead of abandoning them.
    I can already see Arenanet abandoning Strikes after LS5 because not enough players are doing them.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    Because they want us to play Strike Missions as our instanced content now, which are super quick one boss encounters. Most dungeons for inexperienced players can take a very long time, because they don't know all the skips yet, or can't reliably perform them.

    But dungeons at their current difficulty have more potential to attract a wider audience of players than the properly working Boneskinner or the Winter's Day snowman. I wish Arenanet would stick with content models and iterate on them instead of abandoning them.

    That depends heavily on the dungeon and the path chosen, as not all of them have the exact same difficulty, just like Strike Mission difficulty varies. Lieutenant Kholer or the Spider Queen in Ascalonian Catacombs have a much higher challenge level than the Icebrood Construct as they can actually kill unprepared players (those that might be having trouble in Strike Missions). The first room in Twilight Arbor can be quite intimidating if you don't have proper way of dealing with the blossoms. Subject Alpha and every path in Arah have a higher challenge level than most strikes too. Giganticus Lupicus makes Freezie look like a joke.

    I can already see Arenanet abandoning Strikes after LS5 because not enough players are doing them.

    That's up to the players that were asking for easier instanced content to decide. Anet gave it to us, now it's up to them to make it popular enough to justify its existence.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2019

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    I can already see Arenanet abandoning Strikes after LS5 because not enough players are doing them.

    That's up to the players that were asking for easier instanced content to decide. Anet gave it to us, now it's up to them to make it popular enough to justify its existence.

    Going to highlight this because many in favor of easier raids often touted that it's not about the rewards etc.

    Suffice to say: if easier instanced content (currently in the form of strikes) sees less play than raids, there is basically 3 approaches:

    1.) Rework the instanced content once again
    2.) Focus on challenging instanced content once again
    3.) Completely drop instanced content

    The developers are the only ones with the metrics here. We are all going to have to wait and see.

    Ideally strikes work as intended and reinvigorate and encourage more players to try instanced content as to allow more resource dedication.

  • Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    Because dungeon code is spagetti and all the devs that were working with that code are gone already.

    This. Making dungeons more popular will cause a greater number of people to bump into their bugs and this would increase pressure on ANet to fix them. Sadly, that code is beyond salvation. There are still bugs that can trigger and block all instance progress, it would be bad if players were trying to farm dungeons and had to deal with said blockers.

    The most activity dungeons will get is when it's their time for a daily rotation. I would prefer if they removed things like "daily activity" so that daily dungeon runs appear more frequently, but I suspect some people actually like activities and are equally happy when the daily tab brings people in. :/

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2019

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    I can already see Arenanet abandoning Strikes after LS5 because not enough players are doing them.

    That's up to the players that were asking for easier instanced content to decide. Anet gave it to us, now it's up to them to make it popular enough to justify its existence.

    Going to highlight this because many in favor of easier raids often touted that it's not about the rewards etc.

    So said some raiders. Both claims were, of course, not true - rewards are always an issue, whether for strikes, raids, or open world. Lack of proper rewards will make any content dead.

    Ideally strikes work as intended and reinvigorate and encourage more players to try instanced content as to allow more resource dedication.

    Oh, i don't think that was ever the main intention behind them at all. More like they are simply much cheaper to make than raids.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    I can already see Arenanet abandoning Strikes after LS5 because not enough players are doing them.

    That's up to the players that were asking for easier instanced content to decide. Anet gave it to us, now it's up to them to make it popular enough to justify its existence.

    Going to highlight this because many in favor of easier raids often touted that it's not about the rewards etc.

    So said some raiders. Both claims were, of course, not true - rewards are always an issue, whether for strikes, raids, or open world. Lack of proper rewards will make any content dead.

    True. Not sure where to place strikes at the moment. The rewards they provide when cleared fast by experienced players is okay (compared to usual in game rewards). I would assume the rewards for inexperienced groups are worse time commitment wise.

    Either way, this is what a reward system based on performance would look like.

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Cyninja.2954 said:
    Ideally strikes work as intended and reinvigorate and encourage more players to try instanced content as to allow more resource dedication.

    Oh, i don't think that was ever the main intention behind them at all. More like they are simply much cheaper to make than raids.

    Sure that could be. I was going by what the stated purpose is/was. If resources are so scarce that it would only suffice for strikes then we are likely facing an option 3, complete abandonment of instanced content, in case they fail as a project.

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

    theres asc. trinkets but theyre almost "non-meta" status, i guess is assassin stats.

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

    @Bron.9647 said:
    I think Astralporing is unfortunately correct. However, I really want more dungeons too and have also asked for a new dungeon or two. I do not understand why they dislike dungeons so much that they want to direct us away from them, but there you have it.

    Because dungeon code is spagetti and all the devs that were working with that code are gone already.

    Always the same excuse for every suggestion to Anet: the code is "spaggetti", its been over 6 years....

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ugrakarma.9416 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

    @Bron.9647 said:
    I think Astralporing is unfortunately correct. However, I really want more dungeons too and have also asked for a new dungeon or two. I do not understand why they dislike dungeons so much that they want to direct us away from them, but there you have it.

    Because dungeon code is spagetti and all the devs that were working with that code are gone already.

    Always the same excuse for every suggestion to Anet: the code is "spaggetti", its been over 6 years....

    Not an excuse, anet said by them self that ppl who were working old dungeons are not here anymore and that old dungeons are too hard to repair coz of that "spaggetti" code. Not gonna even try to find source for this either belive it or dont.

    I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2019

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    Subject Alpha and every path in Arah have a higher challenge level than most strikes too. Giganticus Lupicus makes Freezie look like a joke.

    I consider Subject Alpha and Post-Nerf Lupi (even without abusing reflects) to be significantly easier than Freezie.
    Due to the general powercreep, it's questionable if Pre-Nerf Lupi would stand a chance against current top end content.

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ugrakarma.9416 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

    @Bron.9647 said:
    I think Astralporing is unfortunately correct. However, I really want more dungeons too and have also asked for a new dungeon or two. I do not understand why they dislike dungeons so much that they want to direct us away from them, but there you have it.

    Because dungeon code is spagetti and all the devs that were working with that code are gone already.

    Always the same excuse for every suggestion to Anet: the code is "spaggetti", its been over 6 years....

    Several des have stated a couple of times that they rather ship new content than revamping old things like dungeon because they can develop new content so much faster in contrast to fixing existent stuff from years ago. So, it's just reasonable that they went this way with their considerations.

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • Imo, they should remove dungeons and retune them as fractals.

  • Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vinceman.4572 said:

    @ugrakarma.9416 said:

    Always the same excuse for every suggestion to Anet: the code is "spaggetti", its been over 6 years....

    Several des have stated a couple of times that they rather ship new content than revamping old things like dungeon because they can develop new content so much faster in contrast to fixing existent stuff from years ago. So, it's just reasonable that they went this way with their considerations.

    if ANet truly meant to fix dungeons, it would be by redoing them from scratch. Would you be fine postponing the next three or four living story updates in order to get reworked dungeons to current standards (in order to revitalize them)? I am pretty sure ANet has had internal discussions regarding this, and making new content is always more profitable than reworking past stuff beyond bug fixing (which leaves super old code out of the question).

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2019

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

    @ugrakarma.9416 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

    @Bron.9647 said:
    I think Astralporing is unfortunately correct. However, I really want more dungeons too and have also asked for a new dungeon or two. I do not understand why they dislike dungeons so much that they want to direct us away from them, but there you have it.

    Because dungeon code is spagetti and all the devs that were working with that code are gone already.

    Always the same excuse for every suggestion to Anet: the code is "spaggetti", its been over 6 years....

    Not an excuse, anet said by them self that ppl who were working old dungeons are not here anymore and that old dungeons are too hard to repair coz of that "spaggetti" code. Not gonna even try to find source for this either belive it or dont.

    im a software developer in small company, sry but ppl leaving inst a credible excuse. and we are really small company. original developers leaving behind a "spaguetti code" is a very common stuff on software houses.

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Skotlex.7580 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:

    @ugrakarma.9416 said:

    Always the same excuse for every suggestion to Anet: the code is "spaggetti", its been over 6 years....

    Several des have stated a couple of times that they rather ship new content than revamping old things like dungeon because they can develop new content so much faster in contrast to fixing existent stuff from years ago. So, it's just reasonable that they went this way with their considerations.

    if ANet truly meant to fix dungeons, it would be by redoing them from scratch. Would you be fine postponing the next three or four living story updates in order to get reworked dungeons to current standards (in order to revitalize them)? I am pretty sure ANet has had internal discussions regarding this, and making new content is always more profitable than reworking past stuff beyond bug fixing (which leaves super old code out of the question).

    Of course but that's not their intention at all. Instanced content is niche content in this game be it dungeons, fractals or raids. Even strikes are not a very popular thing although you'll find a group for doing them, still the lfg is not quite packed with groups looking to do them. That's why they only put a small group/team to such content and therefore we won't see more in quality and quantity. I myself would appreciate it if they revamp dungeons and afterwards introduce newer ones over a continuous cycle of livng story episodes but unfortunately that's not what the majority in this game wants. The outcry would be tremendous and Anet cannot risk to lose the herd of gem shop customers which has the biggest overlapping with casual suff enthusiasts.

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2019

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    Subject Alpha and every path in Arah have a higher challenge level than most strikes too. Giganticus Lupicus makes Freezie look like a joke.

    I consider Subject Alpha and Post-Nerf Lupi (even without abusing reflects) to be significantly easier than Freezie.
    Due to the general powercreep, it's questionable if Pre-Nerf Lupi would stand a chance against current top end content.

    I hope you are joking because Freezie can be killed by 4-5 completely random people in green/rare gear. Lupi usually can't.
    I hope you are not calling Freezie (a joke boss) "top end content"

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2019

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    Subject Alpha and every path in Arah have a higher challenge level than most strikes too. Giganticus Lupicus makes Freezie look like a joke.

    I consider Subject Alpha and Post-Nerf Lupi (even without abusing reflects) to be significantly easier than Freezie.
    Due to the general powercreep, it's questionable if Pre-Nerf Lupi would stand a chance against current top end content.

    I hope you are joking because Freezie can be killed by 4-5 completely random people in green/rare gear.

    I have seen full groups wipe on freezie. All is required for a random group to do so is to have no healer. The same 4-5 people in rare/green gear that would be capable of killing freezie would also wipe the floor with lupi.
    Ironically, Lupi is quite easy, as long as you do not try any meta strategies and just run in circles and keep to range attacks. It's only when people try to stack and melee him that suddenly some quite good coordination and skills are required.

    Edit: case in point:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/94407/secret-lair-of-the-snowmen

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    That assumes that same party that failed in the secret lair would beat -any- of the dungeon content

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2019

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    Freezie can be killed by 4-5 completely random people in green/rare gear. Lupi usually can't.
    I hope you are not calling Freezie (a joke boss) "top end content"

    Yet the 9 randoms I was with yesterday could not.
    Maybe your usual 4-5 randoms are above average players.
    Mine definitely were not.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2019

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    Freezie can be killed by 4-5 completely random people in green/rare gear. Lupi usually can't.
    I hope you are not calling Freezie (a joke boss) "top end content"

    Yet the 9 randoms I was with yesterday could not.
    Maybe your usual 4-5 randoms are above average players.
    Mine definitely were not.

    And I bet those same 9 randoms + you, split in two parties wouldn't be able to beat all dungeon paths of the game, in fact they'd probably fail at more than half of them. Just because you were in a bad team that couldn't beat Freezie, doesn't mean that there haven't been -many- failures in running dungeon paths in the past. You know when players actually run dungeons.

    How many of those 9 randoms had dungeon master title? How many actually run -any- instanced content of the game before?
    Those are the big questions when you are comparing dungeons with strikes, not saying "hey I can beat all dungeons with my guild team just fine, but this group of randoms failed at Freezie, therefore Freezie is harder than dungeons."

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    How many of those 9 randoms had dungeon master title?

    How does that title, in the age of dungeon and raid selling, even correlate to player skill anymore?
    Back when I played dungeons, I've seen quite some people around that skill level of those 9 and succeeding dungeons.
    Even in fractals (I only play T1 and T2), when I do them, I sometimes see such players.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    How many of those 9 randoms had dungeon master title?

    How does that title, in the age of dungeon and raid selling, even correlate to player skill anymore?
    Back when I played dungeons, I've seen quite some people around that skill level of those 9 and succeeding dungeons.
    Even in fractals (I only play T1 and T2), when I do them, I sometimes see such players.

    I gave the title as an example. The idea is to find similarly skilled players and check them in dungeons and strikes, the same players, as a way of measuring the difficulty of the content. How do you figure "such players"? How do you know those you met in the dungeon had the same skill level as the 9 you did the strike with? Keep in mind that the strike is seasonal content and anyone can enter it at any time, dungeons require some pre-work, meaning those 9 might've been completely new to the game, or completely new to instanced content.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    How do you figure "such players"? How do you know those you met in the dungeon had the same skill level as the 9 you did the strike with?

    Tthey played in similar manner to what I remember from dungeons, mindlessly hitting the boss and leaving mechanics to the 1 or 2 that know the mechanics. So I hypothesized they are of similar skill level.
    Maybe I just had bad luck, but this kind of bad luck seems to hit me pretty often.
    Maybe I got worse and just remember dungeons being much easier.
    But I don't remember any dungeon having such a disgusting and long-lasting mechanic as the snowflake ground lines.

  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ixora.3569 said:
    By any chance will there be ascended armor/weapons added to dungeons? It would bring life back to them and you can make them expensive so its not so easy to obtain. maybe 1k a piece? more for weapons? just throwing ideas out there. I just want a reason to do dungeons again. Also maybe add some new dungeons for the living stories in the future?

    Weren't Dungeons put aside for Fractals?
    Don't Fractals have the rewards you are looking for?

    "We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

  • sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mindcircus.1506 said:

    @ixora.3569 said:
    By any chance will there be ascended armor/weapons added to dungeons? It would bring life back to them and you can make them expensive so its not so easy to obtain. maybe 1k a piece? more for weapons? just throwing ideas out there. I just want a reason to do dungeons again. Also maybe add some new dungeons for the living stories in the future?

    Weren't Dungeons put aside for Fractals?
    Don't Fractals have the rewards you are looking for?

    I agree with you but i do understand why some players dislike fractals as it might not be that fun to grind low lvls and gold to get enough AR for harder group content. It doesn't help that AR is character bound.

    I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

    @mindcircus.1506 said:

    @ixora.3569 said:
    By any chance will there be ascended armor/weapons added to dungeons? It would bring life back to them and you can make them expensive so its not so easy to obtain. maybe 1k a piece? more for weapons? just throwing ideas out there. I just want a reason to do dungeons again. Also maybe add some new dungeons for the living stories in the future?

    Weren't Dungeons put aside for Fractals?
    Don't Fractals have the rewards you are looking for?

    I agree with you but i do understand why some players dislike fractals as it might not be that fun to grind low lvls and gold to get enough AR for harder group content. It doesn't help that AR is character bound.

    AR is only character bound if you decide that the vendor selling relatively cheap infusion extractors doesn't exist.
    Anyone who doesn't want to "grind low lvls" is just looking for a carry.

    "We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2019

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    It doesn't help that AR is character bound.

    Ascended gear and legendary money-sinks are account-bound, so AR isn't character-bound.
    Raw infusions aren't bound at all.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    That assumes that same party that failed in the secret lair would beat -any- of the dungeon content

    There definitely wasn't any assumption made when you said "can be killed by 4-5 completely random people in green/rare gear". But yes, i have, in past, killed lupi (and not once or twice, but many times) when in group with people that almost certainly would not have been able to pass Freezie. Not unless they had a competent healer willing to carry them at least.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Guys, the people that can't beat Freezie also cannot beat dungeons. There is no significant difference between these groups. Ofc some would handle CoF P1 or SE P1 etc. but a lot of others aren't doable for them. That's why they usually avoid such content and don't bother with it.
    And it still doesn't go into my head why Arenanet is trying to put players on par. They have neglected that since years and won't revert that. We have different kinds of players and that should be accepted and respected from all sides but bringing together those two heavily different mindsets won't work at all. They should (have) stick(ed) to their abilities in the past: lw --> expac --> lw + fracs & raids accompanied by gem shop stuff. Somewhere they took the wrong way which led to the layoffs and now we have a huge mess that most likely will end into boredom for a lot of players.

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2019

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    Somewhere they took the wrong way which led to the layoffs and now we have a huge mess that most likely will end into boredom for a lot of players.

    IMHO, ANet went stray when they started diverting sources into other projects and sort of "neglected" GW2 development. NcSoft didn't like this (mostly because the market isn't what it used to be, mmos are no longer as profitable as during their boom), they stepped in, cancelled those alternate projects, reduced staff and made them focus on GW2 alone.

    From the company's perspective, this was a blow to their morale. From the game's perspective, GW2 hasn't seen this active development since the hectic LS1 days. ANet may have lost around half of their staff, but the number of people working on GW2 has definitely gone up.

    So, talking strictly about GW2 development, I'd say things are focused quite all right, and how not, if ANet's future now depends entirely on GW2 thriving?

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Skotlex.7580 said:
    So, talking strictly about GW2 development, I'd say things are focused quite all right, and how not, if ANet's future now depends entirely on GW2 thriving?

    I disagree completely because the former Arenanet didn't monetize things like Templates so aggressively. Sure, the gem shop always was an important part of the game due to not having a subscription based model but those but the focus for it turned heavily in my opinion. Also, they had other standards for tools/implementations like this and the template system lacks QA heavily!
    In addition if things are quite all right I as a company would have made a proper (and honest) announcement about the stuff going on inside the company or the projects. Although they communicated some things we got a lot of information from other people like Josh Foreman who said in a stream that "he thinks it's (the lay offs and focus on GW2 alone) better for the game now" and so on. Everything is very vague at the moment and the best would have been: "Guys, sorry for the skritt happening in the last months/year we're on the way to settle things right. Give us some time to rearrange which means some content drought and then we'll back with a solid schedule and a GW2 you are and were expecting." Something like this and maybe more convincing would have been a true sign of dedication from their side and reassure big parts of the vocal community that is present in forums or on reddit.

    In my opinion - nobody needs to share that - they are only taking the effort to cater to the casual crowd and the players that are addicted to the basic stuff and gem shop (lots of newer players nowadays which got into the game with the HoT + PoF discount bundle or are not very actively player in the beginning years of GW2) without caring about their site communities including vets. Maybe they don't need them to be financially solid in the future but I can't imagine that the game can be carried by the above mentioned portion alone to set up a proper MMO feeling in the game. My discord is gone...literally gone.
    That's at least 15 players less that don't log into the game since about 6 months and some of them were paying here and there, me including. It's my filter bubble but I doubt that this exodus that happened in a lot of guilds over the last year was halted by new player influx. I definitely doubt it.

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • tim.4596tim.4596 Member ✭✭✭

    @ixora.3569 said:
    By any chance will there be ascended armor/weapons added to dungeons? It would bring life back to them and you can make them expensive so its not so easy to obtain. maybe 1k a piece? more for weapons? just throwing ideas out there. I just want a reason to do dungeons again. Also maybe add some new dungeons for the living stories in the future?

    Monk runes, used in almost every single healing build are hard gated behind AC dungeon.

    While it would be a good starting point, sadly I'm not sure this would be enough to bring back life to dungeon.

    Dungeons nowadays imo are mostly played by either people starting the game to get exotic gear, or speedrunners. The vast majority of player still run them too but very unfrequently. Despite a few people attempts to make dungeons competitive, they remain unattractive to the vast majority of players.

  • Firebeard.1746Firebeard.1746 Member ✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    Dungeons are an abandoned content. The devs do not want to bring life back to them. In fact, when the dungeon rewards got nerfed way back ago, devs straight out said that the nerf was because they wanted players to move out of dungeons to other content.

    I kind of wish i didn't miss the era of this game when they were relevant. Fractals aren't as fun to me.

  • McPero.3287McPero.3287 Member ✭✭✭

    @Firebeard.1746 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    Dungeons are an abandoned content. The devs do not want to bring life back to them. In fact, when the dungeon rewards got nerfed way back ago, devs straight out said that the nerf was because they wanted players to move out of dungeons to other content.

    I kind of wish i didn't miss the era of this game when they were relevant. Fractals aren't as fun to me.

    Solo them.