Hanging around, wating for that 1% chance alliances will make things better

acidic.4356

I think for starters to quell the bandwagon and map manipulation that an update be made where its called Ventari's World if you outnumber your enemy and they use a specific tactic or improvement it portals all the top scoring ppk servers from each of the other tiers to your server for a limited duration. Makes everything they own on RI until they get back so theres no back capping or teaming up for a duration. So then you have to hope your population balances are in order or you end up getting steam rolled. As well the longer you are inactive from the game mode it increases the ability for you to outnumber an opposing side. Would be nice to see how that works out as an idea to begin to get players to agree on some things with some good ole Ventari mediating the place. Partially its human issues of why alliances are not in wvw at this time so if per say Ventari were to help make the current problems impossible it might lead to some positive and HEALING!

Create a WvWvW talent tree , that effect badwagon servers
https://imgur.com/zpS1q2n

Edit: If you ''give a talent point to a server for 24 hours your Hourglass wont be depleted as fast ''And in return they can choose to unlock 1 talent treeIf you choose to give it to the second server = 48 hours without 0% depletion

But afterwardss if you give them again a ''point'' , they will have unlocked 2 trees =2 benefits in the same time

Yeah it's pretty much over.I login if I feel like doing my daily and flip a few camps, sentries and veteran creatures. If I don't get a fight within those 10 minutes or see any chatter, I just alt f4.

It is possible for this game mode to go the way of eotm where nobody plays it because nobody plays it. The quality of the few roaming vids that are put out says much.

@"KJA Secretist.9325" said:You lost me at TC...

sad times.. rewind 4 yr or so i had such high hopes for this mode... it was already unique and fun, and was in its most basic form - pre hot, the base platform was there to tweak it and mold it into something great, but it sadly forked in the wrong direction.. ( imo )

i remember using the word "potential" alot back then.

I think it is probably a better idea for them to focus on more feasible and faster acting changes - this 'on the horizon' stuff which never manifests doesn't help to instil confidence. We're talking even years for just for certain qol changes. Faster and frequent helps to stave the staleness. If they can't or aren't willing to even fix exploits that have floated for years, what should we be expecting of even grander things? Small and steady will keep the attention of who is left and also the new that arrive.

rather than alliances (which seem more and more like an impossible promise from anet) how bout a game rollback... to a previous build....

go back to year 2 or 3 - pre hot... ( back to before things went horribly wrong ) base professions - blasting water fields etc - no 4 stat gear? i think. less buff heavy skills and lower power creep, no dbl etc. prior to the mass exodus of guilds. back to building community's and players feeling slightly more involved in the wvw experience.

would players return, who knows.

is it possible? certainly seems more achievable than alliances at the minute

Alliances wont fix anything.

-Youll still have the bandwagon mentially-Still have guilds that instead of challenging themselves, they go for the hard carry to 'alliances' instead of servers with the most population.-Still have the same coverage gaps

Alliances announcement has been out for too long now and expectations are way to high

@"grouchybhaal.4275" said:Alliances wont fix anything.

-Youll still have the bandwagon mentially-Still have guilds that instead of challenging themselves, they go for the hard carry to 'alliances' instead of servers with the most population.-Still have the same coverage gaps

Alliances announcement has been out for too long now and expectations are way to high

For all I know, they might be scrapped for good. Even if they weren't and we were fortunate to have an actual release date, I'm convinced we would have the problems you mentioned in some form. Honestly, the sad state of wvw doesn't only fall on the developers, it also falls on the community. I remember players immediately gaming the system at the release of gw2 with the "Titan Alliance". People transfered and stacked servers since the start. Sure, it made for epic battles but....how long was this going to hold up? You also had the usual gankers and trolls in roaming environments. The wvw tournaments really screwed the community, I feel. Looking back, wvw was destined to decline with how it was designed and made. The system relied heavily on coordination between time zones, a luxury that not all servers had.

I mean, even the concept of server pride was ridiculous. Still is! How the hell can you have server pride when nothing in the system stops people from getting together and plotting to cough up gems to transfer and go against rivals? I shake my head at how some people look through rose-colored glasses at the old wvw era. It wasn't as great as people make it out to be, although it was better than today!

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:Alliances wont fix anything.

You just need to believe harder. Everything that has happened in wvw has been building up to alliances. From finishers to warclaw skins it's just proof they are building up to something epic. It's going to revolutionize the RvR scene for decades to come !

! Nerf chronomancer.

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:Alliances wont fix anything.

You are complaining that expectations are too high when you know exactly how a system - that doesnt exist yet nor in theory is intended to fix anything of what you just stated - is going to behave?