while we are waiting for so called "big" balance patch in a few months

azzardome.9184

Can we get some nice build diversity. Would be nice if we could get some of the forgotten hot specs back (chrono, druid, scrapper, dh) theese so called tradeoffs are destroying the classes completely while i feel like the problem with balance is they the "broken elite specs" do not get nerfed only the core mechanics of the profession.(looking at mirage here) This leading to worse balance all aroud on top on not fixing the problem. I would love to see old runes/sigils even amulets come back. Anthing to make the game feel "fresh" again.

@"azzardome.9184" said:Can we get some nice build diversity. Would be nice if we could get some of the forgotten hot specs back (chrono, druid, scrapper, dh) theese so called tradeoffs are destroying the classes completely while i feel like the problem with balance is they the "broken elite specs" do not get nerfed only the core mechanics of the profession.(looking at mirage here) This leading to worse balance all aroud on top on not fixing the problem. I would love to see old runes/sigils even amulets come back. Anthing to make the game feel "fresh" again.

It might be unpopular opinion coming from me but I find ( mechanic wise )Scrapper and chrono to be HORRID for the game.Scrappers barrier is one of the biggest bullshit statcheck mechanisms in the game. Holo is basicly engi with 2 weapon sets. Holo>Scrapper design wise.Chrono F4 and chronophantasma can QUADRUPLE the phantasms cast, its gonna be always bad mechanic. For all its flaws mirage can be balanced with its current iteration. Mirage>chrono.Cant say for druid.Feel free to agree or disagree.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"azzardome.9184" said:Can we get some nice build diversity. Would be nice if we could get some of the forgotten hot specs back (chrono, druid, scrapper, dh) theese so called tradeoffs are destroying the classes completely while i feel like the problem with balance is they the "broken elite specs" do not get nerfed only the core mechanics of the profession.(looking at mirage here) This leading to worse balance all aroud on top on not fixing the problem. I would love to see old runes/sigils even amulets come back. Anthing to make the game feel "fresh" again.

It might be unpopular opinion coming from me but I find ( mechanic wise )Scrapper and chrono to be HORRID for the game.Scrappers barrier is one of the biggest kitten statcheck mechanisms in the game. Holo is basicly engi with 2 weapon sets. Holo>Scrapper design wise.Chrono F4 and chronophantasma can QUADRUPLE the phantasms cast, its gonna be always bad mechanic. For all its flaws mirage can be balanced with its current iteration. Mirage>chrono.Cant say for druid.Feel free to agree or disagree.

you feel chrono was bad for the game right before the rework and tradeoff came? also old hot scrapper was not just some boring bunker. it could actully make "plays" compared to pressing bulwark gyro and facetanking 3 enemies.

@azzardome.9184 said:

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:How "fresh" can it be when all there ever is, is 5v5 conquest for 7 years.

same meta for 2 years do not help on top of that. and stronghold btw :)

Stronghold was a complete failed idea for a game mode for gw2. If it can't work for competitive play it's not worth mentioning imo.

Same meta for 2 years does suck but I don't think it's been completely the same for 2 years.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:How "fresh" can it be when all there ever is, is 5v5 conquest for 7 years.

Stronghold was a complete failed idea for a game mode for gw2. If it can't work for competitive play it's not worth mentioning imo.

Same meta for 2 years does suck but I don't think it's been completely the same for 2 years.

Untill recently fb scourge was meta for entire duration of pof. Still every mat there been a support fb winning. Rev has also not changed much. 2v2 was nice for the week we had it lol

@azzardome.9184 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:How "fresh" can it be when all there ever is, is 5v5 conquest for 7 years.

Untill recently fb scourge was meta for entire duration of pof. Still every mat there been a support fb winning. Rev has also not changed much. 2v2 was nice for the week we had it lol

Rev dissapeared for a long while. While Condi mirage was a thing for a while and now it's not as bad.

FB and scourge is another thing altogether. Cuz without each other then it not meta.

Scrapper was in the meta not that long ago when they put in the barrier changes and made it nigh unkillable. Chrono, im not even sure why they changed it in the first place? Wasnt a lot of tears complaining about Chrono's except outside the occasional meme one shot build. Which Core can do just fine without Chrono anyway. Druid, yeah it's support is not up to scratch until nerfs come to FB. But Tempest is in the same boat here, why take a Tempest over a FB? FB pretty much makes both of these classes obsolete.

@Chorazin.4107 said:Scrapper was in the meta not that long ago when they put in the barrier changes and made it nigh unkillable. Chrono, im not even sure why they changed it in the first place? Wasnt a lot of tears complaining about Chrono's except outside the occasional meme one shot build. Which Core can do just fine without Chrono anyway. Druid, yeah it's support is not up to scratch until nerfs come to FB. But Tempest is in the same boat here, why take a Tempest over a FB? FB pretty much makes both of these classes obsolete.

There is way more elite specs that needs adjustments/buffs but i just mentioned a few. Point is the so called meta is not very diverse in what elite spec and build you can play. And that is just 1 aspect of whats wrong with pvp.

@"Flandre.2870" said:lmao if u think anything will be fixedthe game is kittenthere should be no emotional attachment to the game at this pointif you still have it then you need psychiatrical treatmentjust quitnothings ever changed and nothing willstill putting faith into anything changing is a sign of extreme braindps.

you can alwayshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/HOPE

@Flandre.2870 said:

@Flandre.2870 said:lmao if u think anything will be fixedthe game is kittenthere should be no emotional attachment to the game at this pointif you still have it then you need psychiatrical treatmentjust quitnothings ever changed and nothing willstill putting faith into anything changing is a sign of extreme braindps.

you can always

Azza actually funny because I can't. Since i'm on NA servers for 2 weeks i tried to run DS for 40 times but it won't ever start. You never get 15 playres to start the event. All i need is the cores from the DS commanders at the end but its fing IMPOSSIBLE LMAO.There's no hope for me.No hope for you.No hope for anyone.Lol.

what do you mean sir, we get capes now. im 100% sure they will fix everything :)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

It might be unpopular opinion coming from me but I find ( mechanic wise )Scrapper and chrono to be HORRID for the game.Scrappers barrier is one of the biggest kitten statcheck mechanisms in the game. Holo is basicly engi with 2 weapon sets. Holo>Scrapper design wise.Chrono F4 and chronophantasma can QUADRUPLE the phantasms cast, its gonna be always bad mechanic. For all its flaws mirage can be balanced with its current iteration. Mirage>chrono.Cant say for druid.Feel free to agree or disagree.

Scrapper needs to be redesigned. It was a flawed design to begin with, and it's only gotten more arbitrary. Its profession mechanic is increasingly less valuable.

Game is pretty balanced right now depending on how you look at it.

In terms of every class having something worth playing, it's in a good spot. ( Don't let metabattle fool you, Soulbeast and Holo are still very good )

But in terms of gameplay and allowing counterplay, things need a lot of work. I said most of what needed to be said in my cheese thread, but a TL;DR specifically aimed at the current meta:

Nec: Too many instant cast zero animation CCsSymbolbrand: All this build does is spam everything like crazy.Rev: Quickness combined with Herald damage mods allows way too much unblockable damage frontloaded into the PT+sword 5 combo.Mirage: Condi mirage is still completely mindless due to the toxic "defend while clones do everything for me" playstyle. It really needs a rework. This spec is just in general way too effective for the near-zero amount of skill that is required to play it.Thief: Thief is arguably underpowered right now, but still manages to be annoying with lots of infinite stealth or infinite evade meme builds. Being able to reset a fight a few time is fine. Being able to do it nearly infinite times kind of isn't.Fire Weaver: This build has become the new poster child for way too much stability. ( Imagine having to dodge CCs ). Another problem is that a lot of the burning stacks comes from the utility effects of Primordial and/or glyph rather than skills themselves, which is annoying as it means there isn't any specific animation to dodge or block.

@azzardome.9184 said:

@azzardome.9184 said:Can we get some nice build diversity. Would be nice if we could get some of the forgotten hot specs back (chrono, druid, scrapper, dh) theese so called tradeoffs are destroying the classes completely while i feel like the problem with balance is they the "broken elite specs" do not get nerfed only the core mechanics of the profession.(looking at mirage here) This leading to worse balance all aroud on top on not fixing the problem. I would love to see old runes/sigils even amulets come back. Anthing to make the game feel "fresh" again.

you feel chrono was bad for the game right before the rework and tradeoff came? also old hot scrapper was not just some boring bunker. it could actully make "plays" compared to pressing bulwark gyro and facetanking 3 enemies.

yes, i think so. was never good at chrono in pvp ( didnt play it long to learn )but losing most fights only to compleatly gut entire enemy team from time to time, due to overlaping 10 aoes that also CC is not healthy.Stupid shit like gravity->gs4->gs3->gravity->gs4->gs3 6 hardhitting aoe that just pullses.aegis dont matter, blind dont matter, when you remove stun you insta get stunned again. same with shield combostyou get boomed with CC at least 10 times in like 5s while being nuked down.Bad design

To be fair, build diversity hasnt been this large since a long time. But yea old problems still exist. One that comes to my mind immediately when it comes to build diversity is that certain classes always have to pick a certain traitline in order to be viable (for example wilderness survival for ranger). I believe with the big patch they will aim to nerf a lot of things across the board, which is something good. The powercreep of everything is just zzzzzzz.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

What I can say about druid is: If the balance isn't done correctly, you will have a bunkerish class that is literally insane in how much sustain it will have.

Take for instance right now with druid:

Last time I did SPVP, I did get melted, but I did mess up, but even then I still have decent sustain and condi cleanses, like crazy amounts.

You have good heals easy access to invuln in the form of glyph of stone for temporary invuln to use for getting away. The one thing I saw the limitation of, is protection and stab, but there are a few stab sources. I think druid is decently balanced right now, just wish others were being balanced out a bit in damage so they don't down you in 3 sec.

Had encounter with a condi thief and the guy came outta nowhere I swear to god and put 6-8 condis on me.

I think Chrono wasn> @azzardome.9184 said:

@azzardome.9184 said:Can we get some nice build diversity. Would be nice if we could get some of the forgotten hot specs back (chrono, druid, scrapper, dh) theese so called tradeoffs are destroying the classes completely while i feel like the problem with balance is they the "broken elite specs" do not get nerfed only the core mechanics of the profession.(looking at mirage here) This leading to worse balance all aroud on top on not fixing the problem. I would love to see old runes/sigils even amulets come back. Anthing to make the game feel "fresh" again.

I would say chrono due to chronopantasma + CS + SoE created a HUGE balance issue that is actually what cause the phantasm changes after Mirage was added it became a real problem. This in my opinion is what actually sent Anet "balance" team down the road of kittening up core mesmer's damage and build diversity which has snow snowballed to the point that F5 has been removed and SoE isnt what it once was, etc. ALL basically to presurve chronophantasma.