Putting the Range back in Ranger

Kajind.6195

Full disclosure I may be complaining about something that is not an issue. I feel like the meta skews towards melee characters because of how handing out buffs work. I would like to see the base ranger be able to have get boons when they are applied to his pet. I think this would make it more viable to sit back at max range longbow range where you don't feel left out.

Thanks for pointing out We heal as one! I had forgotten about that. Although I would argue that (and this is an assumption) if the meta is skewed towards melee for the higher realistic output then perhaps the safety of ranged is being overvalued in the balance calculations.

@Kajind.6195 said:Thanks for pointing out We heal as one! I had forgotten about that. Although I would argue that (and this is an assumption) if the meta is skewed towards melee for the higher realistic output then perhaps the safety of ranged is being overvalued in the balance calculations.

Either way you stack the damage there will either be all one or the other because of boons. If you make ranged higher damage then everyone will build ranged, stack in a group away from the boss. At least with melee it makes the encounters more difficult because you have to dodge red circles around the boss. With ranged you could ignore some mechanics all together.

It defiantly would require a fundamental change where bosses had mechanics that targeted or were dangerous to ranged characters. I am also not advocating for ranged to be greater then melee simply closing the gap. Although my perception is that the gap is significant, however I have no evidence to back up the claim.

The 2nd part of my suggestion was that the ranger felt weaker then the dragon hunter or deadeye in terms of fully ranged builds. Those 2 sorta compound on each other where i'm constantly not feeling viable or accepted. That said I have never been turned down by my friends for playing a longbow ranger build.

@Kajind.6195 said:It defiantly would require a fundamental change where bosses had mechanics that targeted or were dangerous to ranged characters. I am also not advocating for ranged to be greater then melee simply closing the gap. Although my perception is that the gap is significant, however I have no evidence to back up the claim.

The 2nd part of my suggestion was that the ranger felt weaker then the dragon hunter or deadeye in terms of fully ranged builds. Those 2 sorta compound on each other where i'm constantly not feeling viable or accepted. That said I have never been turned down by my friends for playing a longbow ranger build.

Hi. Soulbeast can supply itself with all the boons you need without help from others. Especially especially especially if you run the siamoth pet. Moastance> Shout elite > siamoth plasma >we heal as one > merge with pet > LB #4 for celerity sigil ( 5s quickness ).

Bam, now attack enemy a few times and you'll have 25 might, 20 stab, protection, ~10 s quickness, and all boons for at least 5 seconds. Once you're running out of might, swap pet for quickness so you refresh boons > we heal as one > merge with new pet.

Rinse and repeat :) you can do all this while using longbow!