While you're working on Warclaw balance, PLEASE consider removing the mount stomp.

SWI.4127

I like hovering on the edge of fights, waiting for the right time to pounce, and stomping noobs who have no place in wvw. I then proceed to chest thump like king kong and go on a rampage for bananas. duels are especially delicious cuz I know that when they see me again they will chase me to the edge of the flat earth, so I have my leet stealth build ready. no one can question my skills when I down them while stealthed, ooc, and the next time they see me is right when they are getting mount stomped.

@sneakytails.5629 said:Downstate is dumb and only punishes good players by allowing sloppy players to come back in a fight they should never win. The Warclaw stomp is amazing because you can now punish that trash mechanic.

If anything should be removed its downstate.

That is a separate conversation to be had, but as long as downstate is still in the game and as important as it is, people outside of combat shouldn't be able to swing fights like that.

@Sobx.1758 said:Nah, don't consider removing stomp -consider removing downstate instead.

With how important downstate is still in this game

Important how? It promotes outnumbering your opponents and serves as a safety net in case you still fail.

Important because it is impactful. Some random guy who had nothing to do with the fight could come and mount stomp 3 people and rally 3 people with no skill involved at all.

People complaining about downstate are missing the point. Downstate is not something they have mentioned they are looking into changing. Warclaw balance was specifically mentioned in this most recent post. I just want them to look into this incredibly cheesy mechanic while they are already assessing Warclaw balance in the first place.

@SWI.4127 said:People complaining about downstate are missing the point. Downstate is not something they have mentioned they are looking into changing. Warclaw balance was specifically mentioned in this most recent post. I just want them to look into this incredibly cheesy mechanic while they are already assessing Warclaw balance in the first place.

If people sit afk on their warclaws they don't participate in the fight. They could be much more useful dealing damage instead of just making their team win harder.On the other side if you go into downstate you're already losing.

I really don't see why it would need to be changed.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:I like hovering on the edge of fights, waiting for the right time to pounce, and stomping noobs who have no place in wvw. I then proceed to chest thump like king kong and go on a rampage for bananas. duels are especially delicious cuz I know that when they see me again they will chase me to the edge of the flat earth, so I have my leet stealth build ready. no one can question my skills when I down them while stealthed, ooc, and the next time they see me is right when they are getting mount stomped.

Hahaha, I loved this whole comment. Especially this which I actually lol'd at

chest thump like king kong and go on a rampage for bananas.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@SWI.4127 said:People complaining about downstate are missing the point. Downstate is not something they have mentioned they are looking into changing. Warclaw balance was specifically mentioned in this most recent post. I just want them to look into this incredibly cheesy mechanic while they are already assessing Warclaw balance in the first place.

If people sit afk on their warclaws they don't participate in the fight. They could be much more useful dealing damage instead of just making their team win harder.

Could they be more useful doing damage instead? People in downstate actually have really high HP pools and one mount engage skill can instantly finish 3. It's actually a huge amount of effective damage they are dealing while not having actually participated in the combat and with very little risk.

On the other side if you go into downstate you're already losing.

I really don't see why it would need to be changed.

You are definitely not necessarily already losing if someone goes down. Guardian MI's, illusion of life, hand resses, and rallying are all options to pick people back up. This stuff takes coordination and skill usually. Mount stomping does not.

@"gebrechen.5643" said:Leave downstate alone and don't follow the "fortnite players crying".

What do you mean by "fortnite players"? Wouldn't the casual fortnite player be the one that needs downstate in the first place just so they can be saved by their teammates after they fail when outnumbering their opponents? :D

@SWI.4127 said:People complaining about downstate are missing the point. Downstate is not something they have mentioned they are looking into changing.

Are they though? Warclaw > downstate. People don't like downstate -> people disagree with what you say. And then they mention that downstate should be removed, because if it plays any role in wvw, then it's a nerf to the outnumbered side. That makes no sense and shouldn't be here in the first place.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"gebrechen.5643" said:Leave downstate alone and don't follow the "fortnite players crying".

What do you mean by "fortnite players"? Wouldn't the casual fortnite player be the one that needs downstate in the first place just so they can be saved by their teammates after they fail when outnumbering their opponents? :D

@"SWI.4127" said:People complaining about downstate are missing the point. Downstate is not something they have mentioned they are looking into changing.

Are they though? Warclaw > downstate. People don't like downstate -> people disagree with what you say. And then they mention that downstate should be removed, because if it plays any role in wvw, then it's a nerf to the outnumbered side. That makes no sense and shouldn't be here in the first place.

Like I said, there are pros and cons to no downstate, but that is a separate conversation. Mount stomping is not a "solution" to downstate as the person who mount stomps still has their own downstate to fall back on. It's just a cheese way to bypass downstate with almost no risk and very high reward. It promotes staying out of combat, and often gives advantages to groups that already outnumber an opponent.

Keep the the mount stomp and increase it to 5 people. There is no reason for someone who is hellbent on ganking to be able to rally off some ambient creature and run away. In fact, when someone is downed, they shouldn't be able to win at all, regardless if their buddies come along and try to stealth rez. Even better if they keep down state, insta-kill anyone whose hit attempting to rez (this includes mount stomping and killing the entire group).

If anything is removed, downstate should be removed instead. No downstate = no mount stomp. There is more skill in mount stopping (as it takes a bit of timing before you get knocked off your mount), than there is in downstate. Downstate is a safety net that favors larger numbers, absolutely no skill involved.

@Sobx.1758 said:

What do you mean by "fortnite players"?

Gankers. Twitchy thieves and suchlike who only play to sit at Vale camps on alpine maps destroying people who want to enter the map. If the meta doesn't favour this type of gameplay they come and complain on the forum until the developers change the game so that it does.

I find it hilarious that the same people who criticise Mount Stomp are the same ones who defend Safe Stomping.

@SWI.4127 said:

@SWI.4127 said:People complaining about downstate are missing the point. Downstate is not something they have mentioned they are looking into changing.

Like I said, there are pros and cons to no downstate, but that is a separate conversation. Mount stomping is not a "solution" to downstate as the person who mount stomps still has their own downstate to fall back on. It's just a cheese way to bypass downstate with almost no risk and very high reward. It promotes staying out of combat, and often gives advantages to groups that already outnumber an opponent.

What are the pros and cons of downstate in your opinion?Downstate is almost no risk and a very high reward for going into fights only when you're outnumbering your opponents, but you don't seem to mind about that side of it? And yes, mount stomping is not a solution to downstate, solution to downstate is no downstate. :DIf you TRULY cared about not giving advantages to outnumbering side, you'd speak up against downstate, not against something that removes it in certain situations.

• Confused 1

@Svarty.8019 said:

Gankers. Twitchy thieves and suchlike who only play to sit at Vale camps on alpine maps destroying people who want to enter the map. If the meta doesn't favour this type of gameplay they come and complain on the forum until the developers change the game so that it does.

Ah yes, because the wvw gameplay you want is just more mindless circle-spamming at enemy blobs. Solid gameplay. Cutting off people comming back to said blobs? Naaaah, implement WvW skyscales with 10 dodges just to be sure people can avoid fighting outside of pressing 2 buttons in huge groups. :+1:

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Ah yes, because the wvw gameplay you want is just more mindless circle-spamming at enemy blobs. Solid gameplay. Cutting off people comming back to said blobs? Naaaah, implement WvW skyscales with 10 dodges just to be sure people can avoid fighting outside of pressing 2 buttons in huge groups. :+1:

That's a strawman. Don't tell me what I want.

@Sobx.1758 said:What are the pros and cons of downstate in your opinion?Downstate is almost no risk and a very high reward for going into fights only when you're outnumbering your opponents, but you don't seem to mind about that side of it? And yes, mount stomping is not a solution to downstate, solution to downstate is no downstate. :DIf you TRULY cared about not giving advantages to outnumbering side, you'd speak up against downstate, not against something that removes it in certain situations.

I'm not against removing downstate, it's just a different conversation. That's why I didn't want to get into it in this thread. There are already like 50 threads about that very subject. I'm making this post because they announced Warclaw changes but didn't mention one of the most imbalanced things about it IMO.