Elite Spec idea for Expansion 3: Samurai

Knighthonor.4061

Elite Spec idea for Expansion 3:

Name: Samurai
Weapon: GreatswordMechanics: Stances and Technique BarSkill Type: Banner Skills

Description:Samurai Guardsmen are less mobile than the avg Thief, but more guarded to protecting the Imperial emperor. Samurai are masters of combat techniques, making them deadly in long fights as they learn their enemies martial arts to counter their strategy.

Mechanics Explained:Samurai has 3 Stances that replace the steal system. Each Stance has a passive effect that will build up over time from the Technique Bar the longer you are in the stance.

*Vanguard Stance - Speed and Stealth are reduced in this stance, but health pool and passive incoming damage reduction is increased and technique bar triggers Parry every 50% Technique generated. Perry counters an incoming attack dealing damage to the attacker instead.

*Assassin Stance - Reduces Endurance generation and Stealth duration, but increases Damage and triggers conditions on 25% Technique

*Ninja Stance- Stealth and endurance are more effective, and reveal is less effective

Banner Skills-

Banners work similar in concept to the old Warrior banners in that they have skills of their own, but can be dropped on the field. But once placed on the field they cant be picked up.

I would absolutely love a samurai themed spec although not sure if it wouldn't suit a shiro/ legend rev spec with gs with nodachi type skin or a warrior spec with a new gs skin and actual samurai strikes better given thief's theme across all specs are polar opposites of samurai and the class being light armor instead of heavy, though ronin I gues could work. Wouldn't really matter in the end, be awesome regardless of what class I'd be on.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:dood samurai is a warrior class, literally.I think you mean ninja.

Problem is warrior already has gs and non of its skills or elites other than banners have anything remotely feeling like samurai even tho as a class concept warrior would be the natural class to get a samurai spec.Rev is a mist warrior but still a warrior and if was given the right legend/skills to go with shiro could fit the bill especially since it can use staff as melee or as a dynasty type warrior. Guess they could give warrior a spear which could be samurai ish but not really in the more modern view of them unless they changed warriors gs skills as well although warriors lb skills definitely suit samurai compared to revs sb lol