Concerned about the upcoming big balance

Lonecap.4105

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:I’m concerned because there seems to be a misconception that damage is too high. But in my opinion damage is actually fine and the game balance right now isn’t so bad at all. Is this patch going to remove burst as a viable play style?

They said they wanna shave some damage AND sustain. So I suspect, burst will be gone or very different.Currently from mesmers perspective, your burst Kills -> worth. or it doesnt so its useless.Shaving damage will hurt some more then others, but time will tell.My expectations are so fucking low that I doubt they can dissapoint me.

I guess it just feels like they’re messing with stuff for no reason.

Why was fall damage removed for example? Death from Above was a fun skill to utilise on my Warrior.

Why is Warclaw getting a rebalance when its something people are no longer complaining about?

And now balance is actually quite decent they’re probably gonna upend a lot of builds and create poorer diversity.

I don’t want to point fingers but I hope CMC calms down a bit.

Issue right now is that burst as a concept isnt really unique. Every meta spec (with few exceptions) has 'high burst'.

Reducing sustained damage - namely from autoattacks goes along way. This patch isnt just nerfing that though, its nerfing boon output, corrupt output, condition output, mobility, healing, etc.

The point of this patch is to take a step back and slow down the Time To Kill (TTK) and through that give more opportunities to skillful play, more diverse comps, bring back a focus on rotational play, etc.

TTK is way too low at the moment, it needs to be addressed and the last patch and the upcoming one will address that.

In most games the only professions allowed to one shot was the "big and slow" like warrior variants.

The rogue(a thiev) in neverwinter should had build their damage buff via atacks so its a counter balance to perma-stealth, if they perma-stealth and dont atack they are losing the 'damage buff'.

Damage should be a reward for a well done rotations, a scaling effect. actually is a "stacking" effect, u stack stuffs them try "one shot".

@Stallic.2397 said:If any reductions, they'll probably just reduce one shot capabilites of certain classes (cough, mesmer and thief, cough)Reduce sustain of other classes (Weaver, holo, etc)And reduce 25 stacks of might across the board.

None of those nerfs should destroy over all damage.

Let me add Ranger damage and Guardian Burn.

nerfing all the one man army builds should be ok, their over all dmg and sustain. If they do that they also have to nerf some role buids, like scrapper and firebrand sustain.

Im kinda ok with one shots as long as you dont have a lot of everything else along with it, I think fresh weaver and power mesmer are the best examples of it

While I'd rank their burst 100 they lack sustain and you have to work on your positioning to stay alive. But every other meta build has like a rank 80 burst while also having similar sustain and mobility, holo, war, weaver are the ones that come to my mind with crazy burst and sustain and good mobility

@Khalisto.5780 said:nerfing all the one man army builds should be ok, their over all dmg and sustain. If they do that they also have to nerf some role buids, like scrapper and firebrand sustain.

Im kinda ok with one shots as long as you dont have a lot of everything else along with it, I think fresh weaver and power mesmer are the best examples of it

While I'd rank their burst 100 they lack sustain and you have to work on your positioning to stay alive. But every other meta build has like a rank 80 burst while also having similar sustain and mobility, holo, war, weaver are the ones that come to my mind with crazy burst and sustain and good mobility

How does Warrior have crazy burst and sustain? Spellbreaker has strong damage and excellent sustain, but it's hardly OP burst (especially not since Rampage was nerfed). Infact Spellbreaker barely has burst at all. I can't think of a single OP burst skill on Spellbreaker. Then you have Berserker with TRASH sustain but amazing burst. If Berserker burst gets nerfed then you might aswell bury the spec entirely because the sustain is hot trash.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:nerfing all the one man army builds should be ok, their over all dmg and sustain. If they do that they also have to nerf some role buids, like scrapper and firebrand sustain.

How does Warrior have crazy burst and sustain? Spellbreaker has strong damage and excellent sustain, but it's hardly OP burst (especially not since Rampage was nerfed). Infact Spellbreaker barely has burst at all. I can't think of a single OP burst skill on Spellbreaker. Then you have Berserker with TRASH sustain but amazing burst. If Berserker burst gets nerfed then you might aswell bury the spec entirely because the sustain is hot trash.

I still see some 9k from gs f1, the gs spin has some high crits as well. I think warrior has the best suatained dmg of all classes, when I fight them i don't feel i have time to breathe. Sure they should have unnerfed gs f1 and FC dmg when they nerfed rampage.

@Khalisto.5780 said:

I still see some 9k from gs f1, the gs spin has some high crits as well. I think warrior has the best suatained dmg of all classes, when I fight them i don't feel i have time to breathe. Sure they should have unnerfed gs f1 and FC dmg when they nerfed rampage.

Greatsword F1 is a slow, highly telegraphed skill that can only be landed in 130 range. Warrior is one of the only classes stuck at 130 range to do any damage and also has clunky and buggy mobility skills. 9k is fine.

I am hyped because at this point every patch and that means every change is better than no change at all meaning no progress. I am really looking forward to nerfing the dmg output as a whole and to tweaking the sustain of certain classes, making the game more balanced. It is a 7 year old game but with more frequent changes (and not only slight ones) there‘s a chance of players coming back, new players joining in or pve players dsicovering a new game mode. (I was a pve player only and actually „the ascension“ turned me into a strict pvp player for like 2 years now lol)I would recommend having big patches BETWEEN seasons though, so if some unintentional changes happen that make some classes OP, it doesn’t get exploited for ranked. Off-season it doesn‘t matter, the team can take their time like a few days or so to revert or adapt some changes.

@witcher.3197 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:I’m concerned because there seems to be a misconception that damage is too high.

Are you out of your mind? Damage on average is about 300% higher than what we had pre-HoT. The powercreep is insane in this game. It's as if they have raised the level cap but forgot to adjust the HP.

It feels fine to me. In fact if anything I would say sustain feels higher than damage atm.

Greatsword F1 is a slow, highly telegraphed skill that can only be landed in 130 range. Warrior is one of the only classes stuck at 130 range to do any damage and also has clunky and buggy mobility skills. 9k is fine.

Warriors GS F1, is 1/2s Cast time skill. Wouldnt call it slow, expecially since it can be combined with quickness or after cancelling dash to suprise oponents.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcing_SliceIts range is also 150 not 130.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Warriors GS F1, is 1/2s Cast time skill. Wouldnt call it slow, expecially since it can be combined with quickness or after cancelling dash to suprise oponents.
Its range is also 150 not 130.

Anything can be combined with quickness. And the telegraphing is obvious imo, it's not an OP skill in any sense. 9k damage isn't even that high. It's a burst skill, what should it do on a glass build? Autoattack damage? And yeah my mistake, GS F1 is 150 range unlike the usual 130. But that's still very short. Getting into that range in the first place with no port is another thing entirely, anyone who has a brain won't be in melee range of a Warrior without CDs up. Just my argument for why Warrior skills are fine to hit quite hard, because landing them is more difficult than other classes.

Warriors GS F1, is 1/2s Cast time skill. Wouldnt call it slow, expecially since it can be combined with quickness or after cancelling dash to suprise oponents.

Anything can be combined with quickness. And the telegraphing is obvious imo, it's not an OP skill in any sense. 9k damage isn't even that high. It's a burst skill, what should it do on a glass build? Autoattack damage? And yeah my mistake, GS F1 is 150 range unlike the usual 130. But that's still very short. Getting into that range in the first place with no port is another thing entirely, anyone who has a brain won't be in melee range of a Warrior without CDs up. Just my argument for why Warrior skills are fine to hit quite hard, because landing them is more difficult than other classes.

If you call Meta SPB warrior Glass canon, I invite you to playIllu/Domi/Dueling berserker mesmer, so you can feel what actual glass canon feels like.Spb can troll 1v1 infinitely, I just cant accept it as a glass canon. sorry.What arcing is SPAMMABLE burst skill, its damage is frontloaded. You dont have to use more then 1 bar of adrenaline becouse all damage happens with 1 bar.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

If you call Meta SPB warrior Glass canon, I invite you to playIllu/Domi/Dueling berserker mesmer, so you can feel what actual glass canon feels like.Spb can troll 1v1 infinitely, I just cant accept it as a glass canon. sorry.What arcing is SPAMMABLE burst skill, its damage is frontloaded. You dont have to use more then 1 bar of adrenaline becouse all damage happens with 1 bar.

Maybe you misunderstood, I meant glass simply as in using zerk amulet, that was my bad. I don't think spb is glassy at all of course, quite the opposite. And arcing isn't spammable by design. Adrenaline isn't free.

I’m not looking forward to the patch for a few reasons

I think the balance dev is a good guy and has good intentions. But the problem here is that the things that are wrong with gw2 balance is not in the realm of tuning numbers or switching traits around. The issue is MUCH deeper and more fundamental.

I have my own hypothesis about why the game has struggled to be balanced for years now, and I’ve already made my contribution via a WvW thread late last month. But my concern with this patch is that it’s still not touching the fundamental problems of the games balance, and thus we are still going to see imbalance.

Now should TTK go up? Yes it should and I’m all for a change to TTK. But fixing TTK won’t fix balance. That’s key to understand about why this patch won’t be happy unicorns and rainbows.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Greatsword F1 is a slow, highly telegraphed skill that can only be landed in 130 range. Warrior is one of the only classes stuck at 130 range to do any damage and also has clunky and buggy mobility skills. 9k is fine.

9k is fine? thats more than half the hp for 90% of the classes atm in 1 shot. and not like its hard to land with the cc warrior has acces to. from a holo perspective my hardest hitting skill is prime light beam that crits for 7.5k, thats a 60 sec cd ELITE skill vs 1 adrenaline burst 8 sec cd skill xD

dmg is fine, nothing to see here /o/