GW2 - Cake Walk [Cake] Excommunicado - WvW, GvG & PvPLuL

NetherLayer.3425

@"roso.1536" said:Is this a "response" to Lord Hizen´s video? ... he posted one on youtube hunting you guys down? Maybe its another (cake) guild tag .

It's the same tag, and the video he just posted is actually the second cake ganking video he's done. It's pretty funny, mostly because of how full of themselves cake come across as in their content (I've duelled a couple cake members and had fun, they're good players, but the stuff they put out like the intro to this video is just cringy).

...sigh...It's amusing how wvw still takes their gvgs soooo seriously that guilds and such are trickling away from this game. The fact that people think that ganking someone on 5v1 is "streamworthy" is nothing short of hilarious.

If anything is going to improve wvw is dedicated, sustained development, love and attention not BS like "content makers". Social media is nothing but noise.

@"JTGuevara.9018" said:...sigh...It's amusing how wvw still takes their gvgs soooo seriously that guilds and such are trickling away from this game

If anything is going to improve wvw is dedicated, sustained development, love and attention not BS like "content makers". Social media is nothing but noise.

i for one focused on wvw because of red guard and gvgs. there are decent if not average commanders like me who was influenced to do this mode by earlier gen content makers like ogro and watching gvg by agg hope nightshift.etc.

dont dismiss this, this is free advert.

good youtubers should be paid by anet for advertising their game.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@"JTGuevara.9018" said:...sigh...It's amusing how wvw still takes their gvgs soooo seriously that guilds and such are trickling away from this game

i for one focused on wvw because of red guard and gvgs. there are decent if not average commanders like me who was influenced to do this mode by earlier gen content makers like ogro and watching gvg by agg hope nightshift.etc.

I will most certainly dismiss this. Streaming culture and social media in general is nothing but glorified attention seeking. Streaming to me is nothing more than the equivalent of Instagram "influencers". It's just...not needed. People would be better off without it. It's also as you said 'free advert'. And who the HELL wants to see a 0:30-1:00 hr long a or stream?! Not me!

Jawgeous said a while back that "this community is cannibalistic." Comments here are a perfect example of that statement.

People need to stop bashing content creators and guilds, and instead start creating, helping or offering criticism. There's really no reason to put people down when the WvW and montage/streaming community are as small as they are.

If people enjoy watching GW2 videos and want WvW to grow they should try supporting those that are putting in the effort. This isn't about Cake, this about people being unreasonably critical of every streamer, guild and montage to the point they go out of their way to take them down a peg.

There are lots of guilds and players I don't like. But I don't make "exposed" videos or insult them if I find their videos. I just get extra pleasure when I get the chance to kill them and that's that.

• Thanks 1

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

@JTGuevara.9018 said:...sigh...It's amusing how wvw still takes their gvgs soooo seriously that guilds and such are trickling away from this game

I will most certainly dismiss this. Streaming culture and social media in general is nothing but glorified attention seeking. Streaming to me is nothing more than the equivalent of Instagram "influencers". It's just...not needed. People would be better off with it. It's also as you said 'free advert'. And who the HELL wants to see a 0:30-1:00 hr long a or stream?! Not me!

your own bias does not apply to the rest of the world.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:Jawgeous said a while back that "this community is cannibalistic." Comments here are a perfect example of that statement.

People need to stop bashing content creators and guilds, and instead start creating, helping or offering criticism. There's really no reason to put people down when the WvW and montage/streaming community are as small as they are.

If people enjoy watching GW2 videos and want WvW to grow they should try supporting those that are putting in the effort. This isn't about Cake, this about people being unreasonably critical of every streamer, guild and montage to the point they go out of their way to take them down a peg.

There are lots of guilds and players I don't like. But I don't make "exposed" videos or insult them if I find their videos. I just get extra pleasure when I get the chance to kill them and that's that.

yes. needs more community love

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

@JTGuevara.9018 said:...sigh...It's amusing how wvw still takes their gvgs soooo seriously that guilds and such are trickling away from this game

I will most certainly dismiss this. Streaming culture and social media in general is nothing but glorified attention seeking. Streaming to me is nothing more than the equivalent of Instagram "influencers". It's just...not needed. People would be better off without it. It's also as you said 'free advert'. And who the HELL wants to see a 0:30-1:00 hr long a or stream?! Not me!

To a point, I agree. I think for everyone there is a desire to be known or to be relevant and to some, to be praised. There are content creators, streamers, Instagramers, etc. that only want to flaunt their lives and to be rich and popular. Others just enjoy making content, interacting their fans and having fun. It's a hobby. It's about making something and having a passion for it. I'm certain there are plenty of people who do it with popularity as an afterthought rather than a goal.

All the things you mentioned are entertainment. Just like television. And to me, you appear to be one of those "influenced", just that instead of being so in a trend following way, it's in a bigoted way.

Cake Walk have generally good players, there's not really much of an argument there however, they are more well known in EU WvW for ganking more than anything else... Aside the obvious part of their guild leader being banned for win-trading last year i think?

They're on a similar level to Systematic Abuse in my opinion. Good players but majority of them are just seen as 'gankers'.

@Fish.2769 said:Cake Walk have generally good players, there's not really much of an argument there however, they are more well known in EU WvW for ganking more than anything else... Aside the obvious part of their guild leader being banned for win-trading last year i think?

They're on a similar level to Systematic Abuse in my opinion. Good players but majority of them are just seen as 'gankers'.

They may be seen as gankers (like SA) cause... They permagank? Even when one of them loses a duel, 3-4 will join the fight. Hm.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Fish.2769 said:Cake Walk have generally good players, there's not really much of an argument there however, they are more well known in EU WvW for ganking more than anything else... Aside the obvious part of their guild leader being banned for win-trading last year i think?

They may be seen as gankers (like SA) cause... They permagank? Even when one of them loses a duel, 3-4 will join the fight. Hm.

It was implied to be fair... But then that's also the nature of WvW so... /shrug