Remove Public from (event) strike mission — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

Remove Public from (event) strike mission

Doing the strike mission with some innocent players together with dumb players that are just going to leech until the end, is complete garbage. Please remove the "public" option from this. Its killing the fun it once had.

Comments

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Lots of people would never go in there without a public version. Events are supposed to get all people to do all kinds of things. Can't really prevent leeches honestly.

  • sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Imo public version does more harm than good. Every1 that i know who had a bad first experience from strikes were using public instance.

    I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    Imo public version does more harm than good. Every1 that i know who had a bad first experience from strikes were using public instance.

    On the other hand, most people for whom Strikes were their first experience with 10-man instanced content likely would have no experience whatsoever if not for public version. If the public version did not exist, they simply would never have even tried strikes.
    Also, you really think that not having public version would mean no bad experiences? Raids had no public version at all, and yet i still have heard a lot of horror stories associated with raid pug groups.

    Basically, if you don't want to experience the bad things that come from queuing for public version, you already have a simple solution - do not use the public version.

    I was going to add thoughts, but this kinda says everything perfectly already

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    Imo public version does more harm than good. Every1 that i know who had a bad first experience from strikes were using public instance.

    On the other hand, most people for whom Strikes were their first experience with 10-man instanced content likely would have no experience whatsoever if not for public version. If the public version did not exist, they simply would never have even tried strikes.
    Also, you really think that not having public version would mean no bad experiences? Raids had no public version at all, and yet i still have heard a lot of horror stories associated with raid pug groups.

    Basically, if you don't want to experience the bad things that come from queuing for public version, you already have a simple solution - do not use the public version.

    You have really good points, even facts i would say. Thats why i said IMO.

    I find public missions silly because we have an option to join in a strike from LFG already which usually is as easy as joining in public mission. Runs listed to LFG also has some control around the squad composition and you can find more players to your run if you have leavers. Also you can leave from the non public version if some1 is trolling.

    I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

  • Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    Imo public version does more harm than good. Every1 that i know who had a bad first experience from strikes were using public instance.

    On the other hand, most people for whom Strikes were their first experience with 10-man instanced content likely would have no experience whatsoever if not for public version. If the public version did not exist, they simply would never have even tried strikes.
    Also, you really think that not having public version would mean no bad experiences? Raids had no public version at all, and yet i still have heard a lot of horror stories associated with raid pug groups.

    Basically, if you don't want to experience the bad things that come from queuing for public version, you already have a simple solution - do not use the public version.

    You have really good points, even facts i would say. Thats why i said IMO.

    I find public missions silly because we have an option to join in a strike from LFG already which usually is as easy as joining in public mission. Runs listed to LFG also has some control around the squad composition and you can find more players to your run if you have leavers. Also you can leave from the non public version if some1 is trolling.

    and yet..judging by the quality of players.

    Its clear a very different set of players join via public to lfg.
    Those players who feel safer joining public probably wont join through lfg.

    and that's why public que exists.

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    maybe they should add an pvp-inactivity timer
    like getting thrown out after a minute being afk

  • sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Taygus.4571 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    Imo public version does more harm than good. Every1 that i know who had a bad first experience from strikes were using public instance.

    On the other hand, most people for whom Strikes were their first experience with 10-man instanced content likely would have no experience whatsoever if not for public version. If the public version did not exist, they simply would never have even tried strikes.
    Also, you really think that not having public version would mean no bad experiences? Raids had no public version at all, and yet i still have heard a lot of horror stories associated with raid pug groups.

    Basically, if you don't want to experience the bad things that come from queuing for public version, you already have a simple solution - do not use the public version.

    You have really good points, even facts i would say. Thats why i said IMO.

    I find public missions silly because we have an option to join in a strike from LFG already which usually is as easy as joining in public mission. Runs listed to LFG also has some control around the squad composition and you can find more players to your run if you have leavers. Also you can leave from the non public version if some1 is trolling.

    and yet..judging by the quality of players.

    Its clear a very different set of players join via public to lfg.
    Those players who feel safer joining public probably wont join through lfg.

    and that's why public que exists.

    Again good point. However i feel that those players who joins to public might stop doing instanced content because of that bad experience. Instead it would be way better for them to join from the LFG in squads that says "chilled" "all welcome" or stuff like that. In those squads atmosphere should be always nice as its commanders squad and he has an option the get rid of all the toxic players or trolls. Also USUALLY commander has some sweet moves in his pocket to make the run better like fixing the squad composition, telling new players to stack under the tag and so on.

    Dont get me wrong, i do understand that some players are really scared to use LFG, but in thia case imo that would suit them better than the public squad.

    I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

    If you're on a highway and roadrunner goes "beep beep"
    Just step aside or you might end up in a heap

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    Imo public version does more harm than good. Every1 that i know who had a bad first experience from strikes were using public instance.

    It can be said about anything else in the game, you either organise your group or you agree to draw in a lottery of randoms. Nothing new about that and by far not a valid reasoning to "remove public".

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

    oh so lfg isnt a public feature?

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

    oh so lfg isnt a public feature?

    You're actually late with your complaints now that they've specifically made a seperate tab for strike missions in lfg. There's no reason to remove other options just because YOU don't like them.

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

    oh so lfg isnt a public feature?

    You're actually late with your complaints now that they've specifically made a seperate tab for strike missions in lfg. There's no reason to remove other options just because YOU don't like them.

    havent they already removed the "public" option from grothmar strike? why do we need one for wintersday then?

    and btw, not only ME... many others that are doing the work for some leechers are against that too.

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

    oh so lfg isnt a public feature?

    You're actually late with your complaints now that they've specifically made a seperate tab for strike missions in lfg. There's no reason to remove other options just because YOU don't like them.

    havent they already removed the "public" option from grothmar strike? why do we need one for wintersday then?

    I don't know and I don't care because I don't use it -but as I said just because I'm not using it, doesn't mean others shouldn't have that option. I don't understand how can people be so bent about having more options just because they use a different one (in this case lfg).

    and btw, not only ME... many others that are doing the work for some leechers are against that too.

    Then don't use it, what is your problem EXACTLY? You agree to play with randoms by joining randoms and then you complain about randoms doing random things. What kind of logic is that?

    Btw first time I did Bjora's strike mission, I did it through 'public' and I had no problems with anyone/anything in there.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

    oh so lfg isnt a public feature?

    Whether LFG is or is not a public feature has NOTHING to do with what I said.

    if you have a problem with 'public' events, don't do them publically ... but DON'T advocate reducing other people's options just because you don't like one. There is nothing but nonsense in that kind of thinking.

    If you're on a highway and roadrunner goes "beep beep"
    Just step aside or you might end up in a heap

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

    oh so lfg isnt a public feature?

    Whether LFG is or is not a public feature has NOTHING to do with what I said.

    if you have a problem with 'public' events, don't do them publically ... but DON'T advocate reducing other people's options just because you don't like one. There is nothing but nonsense in that kind of thinking.

    lfg can also be used public. its not like nobody is able to join a group or so. And also playing with "public" groups, where multiple people are leeching, then its reducing the fun other people may have while doing those.

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

    oh so lfg isnt a public feature?

    You're actually late with your complaints now that they've specifically made a seperate tab for strike missions in lfg. There's no reason to remove other options just because YOU don't like them.

    havent they already removed the "public" option from grothmar strike? why do we need one for wintersday then?

    I don't know and I don't care because I don't use it -but as I said just because I'm not using it, doesn't mean others shouldn't have that option. I don't understand how can people be so bent about having more options just because they use a different one (in this case lfg).

    and btw, not only ME... many others that are doing the work for some leechers are against that too.

    Then don't use it, what is your problem EXACTLY? You agree to play with randoms by joining randoms and then you complain about randoms doing random things. What kind of logic is that?

    Btw first time I did Bjora's strike mission, I did it through 'public' and I had no problems with anyone/anything in there.

    maybe they need just an way shorter afk-timer to prevent people from leeching lol

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

    oh so lfg isnt a public feature?

    Whether LFG is or is not a public feature has NOTHING to do with what I said.

    if you have a problem with 'public' events, don't do them publically ... but DON'T advocate reducing other people's options just because you don't like one. There is nothing but nonsense in that kind of thinking.

    lfg can also be used public.

    No one is saying it can't. You can keep repeating it but it's not relevant to the conversation.

    its not like nobody is able to join a group or so. And also playing with "public" groups, where multiple people are leeching, then its reducing the fun other people may have while doing those.

    If it reduces fun for people ... people can choose to not do it the 'not fun' way. The choice is already there, so there isn't a reason to remove anything. No one needs the choice to be made for them, especially not you.

    If you're on a highway and roadrunner goes "beep beep"
    Just step aside or you might end up in a heap

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019

    @Virdo.1540 is "lfg" system implementing some kind of anti-afk/leeching system I'm not aware of?
    It's literally "just another way to get inside", nothing more. Apparently you don't use it so it NEEDS to be deleted from the game. That makes no sense.

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sobx.1758 said:
    @Virdo.1540 is "lfg" system implementing some kind of anti-afk/leeching system I'm not aware of?
    It's literally "just another way to get inside", nothing more. Apparently you don't use it so it NEEDS to be deleted from the game. That makes no sense.

    read over the topic again.

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

    oh so lfg isnt a public feature?

    Whether LFG is or is not a public feature has NOTHING to do with what I said.

    if you have a problem with 'public' events, don't do them publically ... but DON'T advocate reducing other people's options just because you don't like one. There is nothing but nonsense in that kind of thinking.

    lfg can also be used public.

    No one is saying it can't. You can keep repeating it but it's not relevant to the conversation.

    its not like nobody is able to join a group or so. And also playing with "public" groups, where multiple people are leeching, then its reducing the fun other people may have while doing those.

    If it reduces fun for people ... people can choose to not do it the 'not fun' way. The choice is already there, so there isn't a reason to remove anything. No one needs the choice to be made for them, especially not you.

    imagine, there also people that dont know :o

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2019

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:
    @Virdo.1540 is "lfg" system implementing some kind of anti-afk/leeching system I'm not aware of?
    It's literally "just another way to get inside", nothing more. Apparently you don't use it so it NEEDS to be deleted from the game. That makes no sense.

    read over the topic again.

    How does it change anything I said here?

    @Virdo.1540 said:
    imagine, there also people that dont know :o

    And apparently removing public option will magically make them know :o

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2019

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

    oh so lfg isnt a public feature?

    Whether LFG is or is not a public feature has NOTHING to do with what I said.

    if you have a problem with 'public' events, don't do them publically ... but DON'T advocate reducing other people's options just because you don't like one. There is nothing but nonsense in that kind of thinking.

    lfg can also be used public.

    No one is saying it can't. You can keep repeating it but it's not relevant to the conversation.

    its not like nobody is able to join a group or so. And also playing with "public" groups, where multiple people are leeching, then its reducing the fun other people may have while doing those.

    If it reduces fun for people ... people can choose to not do it the 'not fun' way. The choice is already there, so there isn't a reason to remove anything. No one needs the choice to be made for them, especially not you.

    imagine, there also people that dont know :o

    Wait ... so because you think there are people that don't know they have choice, that's your justification to remove it from those of us that do? That doesn't make sense. That's not even the best solution to solve the problem that some people don't know their choices.

    Ironically, removing the option to do this content public STILL does not educate those people that don't know they can do it through LFG ... so that makes the basis for your suggestion just as ridiculous as the suggestion itself.

    Also, you can't be bothered to use LFG NOW to avoid people you don't want to play with ... but you're suggestion is to remove public version which will force you to use LFG later? Please tell me you simply 'overlooked' this glaringly obvious flaw in your logic.

    See, here is my real problem with your thread ... it's not honest. You already knew coming in that you had a solution to avoid the people you don't want to play with ... so what's going on here is pretty simple. it's got nothing to do with not wanting to team with certain people. It's simply all about you having a bug in your craw about leechers getting loot.

    If you're on a highway and roadrunner goes "beep beep"
    Just step aside or you might end up in a heap

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2019

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:
    @Virdo.1540 is "lfg" system implementing some kind of anti-afk/leeching system I'm not aware of?
    It's literally "just another way to get inside", nothing more. Apparently you don't use it so it NEEDS to be deleted from the game. That makes no sense.

    read over the topic again.

    I've read it. The topic is you trying to decide for other players how they should play the game. All that, when the solution for the stated problem ("queuing for public isn't fun for me") is already easily accessible for you - just not queue for public and use lfg (or static) instead.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2019

    may be better be cool ? why you join that pt??
    buy tag if not have it, open lfg,
    ask 250 kp from Dhuum,
    also can make preload wiht maked dps check

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:
    @Virdo.1540 is "lfg" system implementing some kind of anti-afk/leeching system I'm not aware of?
    It's literally "just another way to get inside", nothing more. Apparently you don't use it so it NEEDS to be deleted from the game. That makes no sense.

    read over the topic again.

    I've read it. The topic is you trying to decide for other players how they should play the game. All that, when the solution for the stated problem ("queuing for public isn't fun for me") is already easily accessible for you - just not queue for public and use lfg (or static) instead.

    All i said its just ruining the fun for those who really use it when they play with others that troll those without break, or just stand afk to leech.

    Public Modes mean most of the time "feel free to leech" for at least 2 people each run

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2019

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:
    @Virdo.1540 is "lfg" system implementing some kind of anti-afk/leeching system I'm not aware of?
    It's literally "just another way to get inside", nothing more. Apparently you don't use it so it NEEDS to be deleted from the game. That makes no sense.

    read over the topic again.

    I've read it. The topic is you trying to decide for other players how they should play the game. All that, when the solution for the stated problem ("queuing for public isn't fun for me") is already easily accessible for you - just not queue for public and use lfg (or static) instead.

    All i said its just ruining the fun for those who really use it when they play with others that troll those without break, or just stand afk to leech.

    Public Modes mean most of the time "feel free to leech" for at least 2 people each run

    And if people have a problem with that, the solution already exists.

    It's not that people here don't understand you, so you don't need to patronize them with 'read topic again'. You're just not listening.

    If you're on a highway and roadrunner goes "beep beep"
    Just step aside or you might end up in a heap

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:
    @Virdo.1540 is "lfg" system implementing some kind of anti-afk/leeching system I'm not aware of?
    It's literally "just another way to get inside", nothing more. Apparently you don't use it so it NEEDS to be deleted from the game. That makes no sense.

    read over the topic again.

    I've read it. The topic is you trying to decide for other players how they should play the game. All that, when the solution for the stated problem ("queuing for public isn't fun for me") is already easily accessible for you - just not queue for public and use lfg (or static) instead.

    All i said its just ruining the fun for those who really use it when they play with others that troll those without break, or just stand afk to leech.

    Public Modes mean most of the time "feel free to leech" for at least 2 people each run

    And if people have a problem with that, the solution already exists.

    It's not that people here don't understand you, so you don't need to patronize them with 'read topic again'. You're just not listening.

    it was just that i didnt meant to implement an anti-afk system in the lfg system when i said that

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2019

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:
    @Virdo.1540 is "lfg" system implementing some kind of anti-afk/leeching system I'm not aware of?
    It's literally "just another way to get inside", nothing more. Apparently you don't use it so it NEEDS to be deleted from the game. That makes no sense.

    read over the topic again.

    I've read it. The topic is you trying to decide for other players how they should play the game. All that, when the solution for the stated problem ("queuing for public isn't fun for me") is already easily accessible for you - just not queue for public and use lfg (or static) instead.

    All i said its just ruining the fun for those who really use it when they play with others that troll those without break, or just stand afk to leech.

    Public Modes mean most of the time "feel free to leech" for at least 2 people each run

    And if people have a problem with that, the solution already exists.

    It's not that people here don't understand you, so you don't need to patronize them with 'read topic again'. You're just not listening.

    it was just that i didnt meant to implement an anti-afk system in the lfg system when i said that

    So if you didn't mean to implement an anti-afk system, why are you arguing so much with people when they tell you the solution to avoid leechers in public events for this content already exists?

    If you're on a highway and roadrunner goes "beep beep"
    Just step aside or you might end up in a heap

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Virdo.1540 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:
    @Virdo.1540 is "lfg" system implementing some kind of anti-afk/leeching system I'm not aware of?
    It's literally "just another way to get inside", nothing more. Apparently you don't use it so it NEEDS to be deleted from the game. That makes no sense.

    read over the topic again.

    I've read it. The topic is you trying to decide for other players how they should play the game. All that, when the solution for the stated problem ("queuing for public isn't fun for me") is already easily accessible for you - just not queue for public and use lfg (or static) instead.

    All i said its just ruining the fun for those who really use it when they play with others that troll those without break, or just stand afk to leech.

    Public Modes mean most of the time "feel free to leech" for at least 2 people each run

    If you don't like it then don't use it, what is your problem??

  • YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭✭

    lol the whole point of Strike Missions was to add some content similar to raids that anyone could join, i.e. public version

  • Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020

    It is simple: Do not play the content you don't enjoy.
    We have been telling people to stay out of raids for years if they can not abide by the rules and requirements or aren't part of the target audience.
    Going by that logic: Don't join public Strike Missions (or any Strike Missions) if you do not enjoy them. That's what I do. Couldn't care less about them but I am happy for anyone who enjoys them as part of their target audience.

    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Henry.5713 said:
    It is simple: Do not play the content you don't enjoy.
    We have been telling people to stay out of raids for years if they can not abide by the rules and requirements or aren't part of the target audience.
    Going by that logic: Don't join public Strike Missions (or any Strike Missions) if you do not enjoy them. That's what I do. Couldn't care less about them but I am happy for anyone who enjoys them as part of their target audience.

    the problem is that many people are doing it for the first or second time, and wont enjoy it either if the group is filled up with afk leechers.

  • Firebeard.1746Firebeard.1746 Member ✭✭✭

    @Virdo.1540 said:
    Doing the strike mission with some innocent players together with dumb players that are just going to leech until the end, is complete garbage. Please remove the "public" option from this. Its killing the fun it once had.

    Yeah. I sort of agree. Any time i've done public anything it's been garbage. Snow man, strikes, you name it. I think it's because players that haven't discovered the LFG tool also haven't discovered decent builds yet. And while not all players who use lfg tool are competent, there's usually enough who are to carry the few who aren't. Like i didn't kick the guy who said he was new when doing bone skinner strike and admitted he didn't know what he was doing, even though i knew it was hard. Thankfully, we eventually won out.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Virdo.1540 said:
    the problem is that many people are doing it for the first or second time, and wont enjoy it either if the group is filled up with afk leechers.

    Well to be fair that's how the Open World also works, go to any big meta event and you will find more than enough afk leechers. They just need to kill a single mob during the meta and get full participation, maybe kill another one to "refresh" the timer if it takes too long. That's nothing new to the game so I'm not sure there will be a problem with their enjoyment

    Just went to the Celestial Challenge and as expected it's full of afk or semi-afk people.

  • Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Virdo.1540 said:
    Doing the strike mission with some innocent players together with dumb players that are just going to leech until the end, is complete garbage. Please remove the "public" option from this. Its killing the fun it once had.

    Finally started to look in to strike missions since misguided Anet decided to put some achieves and Mastery behind them. And this is the 1st thread I hit. And you wonder why the "public" don't want to be forced in to playing just to get a mastery point.